Expired Hot Deals

[Chapters Indigo] Free shipping, no minimum (4 days only - Jan 18)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 15th, 2019 8:07 pm
Aug 24, 2015
158 posts
567 upvotes
AB
oakjefferson wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 12:51 pm
Found this awesome place in my town where you can get pretty much any book for free. Seriously, they don't make you pay anything to take their books home and read them. Only negative is you don't get to keep the cover of the book to put on a shelf for friends to come over and see that you read it.
Some libraries have huge wait lists for popular books, so I can see why some people would want to purchase them instead of waiting 2 months. Also, what do you have against people who buy books? People on this forum spend their money on far more useless items and we don’t have people judge them on every thread. Seems like an unnecessary hill for you to die on and be smug about.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2005
8890 posts
9712 upvotes
User381785 wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 1:10 pm
Free shipping is considered a deal now?!
Yes, unless you want to spend enough to meet their free shipping threshold, or spend time and gas to drive to a store and pay more for the exact same item
Deal Addict
Aug 8, 2015
1010 posts
1173 upvotes
Toronto
oakjefferson wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 12:51 pm
Found this awesome place in my town where you can get pretty much any book for free. Seriously, they don't make you pay anything to take their books home and read them. Only negative is you don't get to keep the cover of the book to put on a shelf for friends to come over and see that you read it.
Some people prefer owning things, instead of borrowing/renting.
Seems like you're the type that has a rented car and/or a rented home, and it's alright. To each their own.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2005
1249 posts
356 upvotes
Toronto
puglife644 wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 12:55 pm
Some libraries have huge wait lists for popular books, so I can see why some people would want to purchase them instead of waiting 2 months. Also, what do you have against people who buy books? People on this forum spend their money on far more useless items and we don’t have people judge them on every thread. Seems like an unnecessary hill for you to die on and be smug about.
I'm all for the library. It is an amazing resource, and not just for books (internet access, kids programs, etc). I try to encourage my kids to borrow books but I will never stop them from buying. That and Nerf guns!
=============
Heatware
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2009
2021 posts
430 upvotes
Kelowna
jackass_ca wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 12:54 pm
This...
Their online pricing is often much better than in store, and they won't usually honour their online pricing which is ridiculous...
I price matched 2 board games in store using their online pricing at boxing day. The cashier told me that the only thing they don't price match with their online store are books.
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
10913 posts
2490 upvotes
Sinyk wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 2:54 pm
I price matched 2 board games in store using their online pricing at boxing day. The cashier told me that the only thing they don't price match with their online store are books.
Oh really, didn't know that, but still, to not PM your books, it's still a product they sell. If it's a newer release, can usually find it on Amazon for similar price to their online price, or cheaper at Costco.
Although, come to think of it, when they had their "reading socks" on for 50% off in the early winter, prior to Christmas time, they wouldn't match in store, for me, but then just before Christmas, store price dropped to the same.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Nov 23, 2017
142 posts
224 upvotes
Brampton, Ontario
I have found some good deals on baby items when they have sales. The problem is that their filters on the site are the worst. A lot of items are out of stock or not eligible for free shipping, but there's no way of filtering those items out...
Penalty Box
Dec 16, 2018
100 posts
281 upvotes
Thanks OP. Been waiting for something like this.
There are people so damn poor all they have is their money.
Nov 16, 2018
312 posts
682 upvotes
dayofthedeb wrote: I have found some good deals on baby items when they have sales. The problem is that their filters on the site are the worst. A lot of items are out of stock or not eligible for free shipping, but there's no way of filtering those items out...
Yes you can filter to only in stock items i do it all the time on there