Hot Deals

[Chapters Indigo] LOL Big Surprise - Ball with 50 surprises inside - in stock at Indigo.ca

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 7th, 2017 2:42 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2004
3261 posts
396 upvotes
Wat
N8DOGG wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 6:54 pm
Yes its expensive for what you get but i spend 100$ of way worse crap that that lol.
I find that hard to believe. Example?
Jul 14, 2014
547 posts
80 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Yeah... I can't think of a worse way to spend $100... I'd rather burn a hundred dollar bill than use it to buy this plastic junk.
Nov 24, 2015
17 posts
4 upvotes
cdfegab wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 2:09 pm
after seeing this video. $100 for this is a huge rip off....Very cringy

Maybe this is a girl thing, but I just don't understand why anyone would do a video like this without having their nails refilled first (girl on the right), and with their nail polish chipped half the way down their nails (girl on the left).
My brain hurts after watching this.
Nov 24, 2015
17 posts
4 upvotes
Actually, I just thought of an idea.
Buy a bunch of those Easter egg plastic covers at the dollar store. Then go buy a bunch of dollar store doll pieces (because that's what this is) and put them inside.
Find a big plastic container and fill it with the Easter eggs, and put a doll inside.
Wrap the container and voila! You'll get the exact same excitement from your kids because all they're happy about is the "surprise" of opening a bunch of little presents.

Or make it even better by putting things inside that aren't garbage and won't be tossed in the trash a few weeks later.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
2632 posts
551 upvotes
Toronto
GiorgosHockey wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 12:31 am
Actually, I just thought of an idea.
Buy a bunch of those Easter egg plastic covers at the dollar store. Then go buy a bunch of dollar store doll pieces (because that's what this is) and put them inside.
Find a big plastic container and fill it with the Easter eggs, and put a doll inside.
Wrap the container and voila! You'll get the exact same excitement from your kids because all they're happy about is the "surprise" of opening a bunch of little presents.

Or make it even better by putting things inside that aren't garbage and won't be tossed in the trash a few weeks later.
If your kids can fall for that bait and switch trick, well, I would reconsider the quality of education they are currently getting and intervene. I also fear for their future as offsprings of an RFDer.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
2632 posts
551 upvotes
Toronto
Niklasky wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 8:30 pm
Yeah... I can't think of a worse way to spend $100... I'd rather burn a hundred dollar bill than use it to buy this plastic junk.
How about the countless drunken nights of clubbing in your teens?

I think people don't understand how it is to raise children in a society fueled by consumerism.

Children are always encountering observational learning. Whether it's ads on YouTube, or the Radio, or watching other friends/peers in school or after school programs they are hit with this form of marketing.

It also is further reinforced when they see their parents churning or flipping and picking up the newest and latest using RFD and other deal sites.
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2004
3059 posts
297 upvotes
Mississauga
This thread is 10 pages too long... :facepalm:
Aug 24, 2007
208 posts
73 upvotes
Mississauga
I agree with everyone on the overprice and quality of these unfortunately my daughter loves these dolls and has asked for this for Christmas but I haven't pulled the trigger yet. Waiting for the fad to be over and get it for 50% off.

Typically the larger dolls shown in the package sell for 13.99each and the small ones (lil sister) are 9.99each (but they were 4.99 a few weeks ago at TRU) so it's really only $50 of stuff in there plus some extra clothes are included.

The main difference is this package guarantees to have the rare 'glitterati' dolls that are harder to find in the standard collection. Yes, similar to how shopkins has rare, ultra rare etc.

I can't believe I know all this information Crying Face

My daughters have several of the regular ones and the lil sisters and they loved unpacking them and they still play with them.
Jul 26, 2016
14 posts
4 upvotes
find a shoe box, glitter it up, put a whole bunch of cheap kids toys/stuff/ whatever in it, give it to your kid and say its the limited edition LOL shoebox. Face With Tears Of Joy
Nov 19, 2017
53 posts
24 upvotes
wing0 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 12:02 pm
This thread is 10 pages too long... :facepalm:
WE MUST GO DEEPER!
Oct 28, 2017
7 posts
1 upvote
West Vancouver
SPECIAL OFFERS EARNED
Buy 1, Get 1 50% off Toy & Kids Tech - ONLINE

2 for $149.92, $74.96 each
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2002
1980 posts
230 upvotes
Burlington
Stupid company made a stupid product, sold with a stupid price.
Deal Addict
May 5, 2007
3210 posts
375 upvotes
Torana
rebel_rfd wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 6:28 pm
What age group is this aimed for?

I had my 8 year old niece ask for these, but was quite low on her list of 10.
My kids are 3 and 4 and they go batshite crazy for this LOL stuff.
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2010
1359 posts
814 upvotes
Calgary
Fire wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 1:18 pm
Stupid company made a stupid product, sold with a stupid price.
With stupid consumers buying it.
In your pants!