Hot Deals

[Chapters Indigo] LOL Big Surprise - Ball with 50 surprises inside - in stock at Indigo.ca

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 7th, 2017 2:42 pm
Sep 8, 2006
398 posts
152 upvotes
Edmonton
cartfan123 wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 9:13 pm
Can’t wait to see how your kids turn out.
Lol. My kids will turn out fine like I did.
Feb 17, 2012
13 posts
2 upvotes
Calgary
been checking daily for online stock and calling all stores. finally got one online!!!!!
Oct 22, 2016
9 posts
5 upvotes
I feel you on this one simby. I will be getting this for my niece for christmas. I dont care about the price. I will love the look of excitement when she sees it and that to me is priceless. Every year a hot toy comes out and its not like I will be paying $100bux a month forever like a cable/internet bill or something. Christmas comes once year. Thank god Face With Tears Of JoyThumbs Up Sign So I'll dish out a hundred bux
Jul 26, 2015
437 posts
238 upvotes
Toronto
FatWallet wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 11:23 pm
This is a Hot Deal forum. Offering something, even if it is garbage, at regular price (which this is) is not a Hot Deal. I don't care if it's offered on eBay for $5 million.
It's a hot deal because it's hard to find for retail price, same with SNES, Fingerlings and other limited edition toys/gadgets.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2008
3251 posts
480 upvotes
Ottawa
Lol, my daughter takes shower with them, if I have money, I don’t care to spend $100 for her. She just have too many toys, full of the basement, every week Wife will buy at $20 toys for her.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
2880 posts
952 upvotes
True RFD kid will take these 50 balls to school and sell them at 5 bux each
Aug 29, 2017
18 posts
10 upvotes
soymilkslam wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 5:49 pm
Damn we've been doing it all wrong

Scalping children's toys is where all the $$$ is at
It's funny I decided to get a complete set of Fingerlings for fun with the intention of keeping enough to give to some kids as presents and sell or return the rest. I sold one to family, another to a lady who was very happy to get it for cost and then put the unicorn on a bidding site where I got over two and a half times what I paid for it. I got this vibe that the lady who picked it up thought I was the biggest scum on the planet. There is money to be made if you buy a lot though. I only bought one of each, and could have bought hundreds more had I wanted, but didn't intend to be a reseller.
Oct 23, 2015
143 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Dazed2014 wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 3:56 pm
Like last year with hatchimals if you have a child in the right age range this is a hot ticket item that is on a lot of little girls wish lists
LoL Surprise fills in themselves are a top seller this year and this limited diction giant ball with 50 surprises in side is even more sought after
Thanks OP
All of my nephews and nieces don't ever go in for the 'it' items. I think this is largely on the parents for allowing this system to perpetuate.

Well a little bit on the soulless corporate money making marketing juggernauts...but we're the ones buying the items haha.

$100 is a lot of tacos (wait does Taco Bell still do that $5 for 5 tacos?)
Nov 29, 2006
682 posts
123 upvotes
I dislike this item. I dislike the entire idea of this, I don't even like the idea of kids liking this. On top of that, this is regular price...

Having said that, Christmas is coming. For anybody that have tried to buy this, they know exactly how difficult it is. It's like buying the SNES Classic at regular price. If you do, it's already a hot deal, and you don't even have to line up to buy this LOL Surprise thing. Anybody who is ignorant and says this isn't a good deal, is just ummm... ignorant. If you could easily buy this at regular price, then yes, it's not a good deal, but you can't.. you have to pay a premium (which becomes the "REAL" regular price. I hate this item, but this deal should be in no way downvoted, especially this close to Xmas.

I bought 2 in the States a while back because they are impossible to find here. I don't have to like it... as long as my niece likes it. In a way, with many other gifts I give, you pay for their moment of happiness, you buy it for a smile. I paid $79.99+WA State taxes which is even worse than this deal as the exchange is so bad...

Thumbs up for this stupid ridiculous toy deal... but I'm sure is much appreciated by many.
Sep 3, 2017
43 posts
37 upvotes
There are already quite a few on Craigslist for ~$125

Not too confident about scalping this one
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
1537 posts
251 upvotes
Belle River
Ohhh so this is an LOL Ball, other day I was at a friends house while his kid refused to take medicine and he had to keep threatening to throw the "LOL ball" in the garbage :).
Apr 29, 2007
366 posts
34 upvotes
Richmond Hill
The cyberscalper market on this pretty much just collapsed... back in stock at chapters.ca and toysrus.ca this morning.
Deal Addict
Jun 8, 2008
3653 posts
1103 upvotes
Toronto
Almost making the Hatchimal craze from last year look like a decent buy ;P

So thankful now my kids are of the age they're only looking for overpriced clothing and shoes :P
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2007
4812 posts
2842 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
Simby wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 12:22 am
Lol. My kids will turn out fine like I did.
“fine like I did”
Nov 11, 2016
27 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
WL1980 wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 2:03 am
True RFD kid will take these 50 balls to school and sell them at 5 bux each
Gotta start them young. I like it. Get them addicted to RFD so they stay away from drugs.