Hot Deals

[Chapters Indigo] LOL Big Surprise - Ball with 50 surprises inside - in stock at Indigo.ca

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 7th, 2017 2:42 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
1113 posts
376 upvotes
Laval
wobbler wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 1:22 pm
Gotta start them young. I like it. Get them addicted to RFD so they stay away from drugs.
Being a shop-a-holic like most of us won't help
Jan 26, 2010
659 posts
351 upvotes
Milton
LOL.

Like a true RFD'r, my kids get last year's craze. So fidget spinners for one and all!

2018 will be LOL balls.
Zoomer 2GB/500min $40.50/mth, Koodo Prepaid $15/mth
Aug 31, 2009
245 posts
52 upvotes
Toronto
after seeing this video. $100 for this is a huge rip off....Very cringy

Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2003
9247 posts
856 upvotes
cdfegab wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 2:09 pm
10 millions views..... a surprise is a pair of boots for a doll?...
Sep 7, 2014
188 posts
161 upvotes
Gud Ol' Ontariuh Boy
Damn, a loot box full of pseudo-Funko-Pops for girls.

What a time to be alive.
Aug 18, 2014
328 posts
169 upvotes
Markham, ON
I wish I have the foresight and skills to market and monetize these fads & trends...
Everyone say is crap, but they still manage to sell so well at $100 and probably costs <$5 to make

Imagine, if you manage to sell a million piece of this just for 1 holiday season. You just made more money than wining 10 lotto 649 grand prize. (probably half goes to the retailer's profit...but still)
Jan 17, 2010
708 posts
170 upvotes
Port Coquitlam
cdfegab wrote:

Can I give TWO downvote? ater seeing what's inside...No offend but this is the worst deal I see in RFD.
Aug 15, 2006
9 posts
pinkdonut wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 3:16 pm
I wish I have the foresight and skills to market and monetize these fads & trends...
Everyone say is crap, but they still manage to sell so well at $100 and probably costs <$5 to make

Imagine, if you manage to sell a million piece of this just for 1 holiday season. You just made more money than wining 10 lotto 649 grand prize. (probably half goes to the retailer's profit...but still)
and the cycle of making plastic turds for children each christmas begiiiiins!!! let's all be merry and churn out more "SURPRISES" for alll!!!! ...... free from famine to plastic turds... what a time to be alive indeed ... man... christmas makes me a grinchy. haha.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2007
3811 posts
534 upvotes
Regina
I don't have balls that big to buy this $100 ball
Sep 3, 2007
277 posts
91 upvotes
Montreal
I can just imagine the R&D/creative team's meeting....
"What do we call this crap?"
"If anyone bought one of these for $100, I'd laugh out loud..."
"THAT'S IT!"
Oct 24, 2008
671 posts
246 upvotes
cdfegab wrote:

Wow.. look at all that garbage...
Jul 14, 2014
547 posts
80 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Pretty crazy indeed. This is dollarama quality Chinese plastic crap, and they sell it for $100. And people are buying it, so the people who created this are definitely doing something right...

I'm pretty lucky here, my daughter has grown out of this shit, and even when she was at that age, she probably would not have asked for it. She was never into the hot trendy toys, apart maybe from the Beanie Boos and I did get her a couple at like $5 a pop. Most of the crappy stuff she ever asked for though, I was always able to talk her out of it, and in the end I always bought her stuff that was much cooler and higher quality, such as electronics (GoPro, iPads, iPods, etc) that she was super excited about and uses all the time.

A piece of advice, if your kids ask you for this overpriced shitty stuff, try to talk them out of it by offering a better alternative, something they'll consider even better and that is better value. You will not be the NO FUN parent, you will be the parent who has enlightened them, and they'll still be happy with a toy or accessory that is better quality and more durable, while not necessarily more expensive.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2004
3261 posts
396 upvotes
Wat
Niklasky wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 4:49 pm
Pretty crazy indeed. This is dollarama quality Chinese plastic crap, and they sell it for $100. And people are buying it, so the people who created this are definitely doing something right...
It's all marketing. That's the great thing about not having cable tv, my kids never even heard of this toy nor of hatchimals from last year but I'm sure if they were subjected to the marketing and commercials they would probably want it.

Even if they did want it, I would try to educate them or guide them away from the marketing hype. That is what parents are supposed to do.. parent.
Niklasky wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 4:49 pm
A piece of advice, if your kids ask you for this overpriced shitty stuff, try to talk them out of it by offering a better alternative, something they'll consider even better and that is better value. You will not be the NO FUN parent, you will be the parent who has enlightened them, and they'll still be happy with a toy or accessory that is better quality and more durable, while not necessarily more expensive.
+1 here.
I think it's still a parent's job to research and do due diligence before purchasing the item you are giving to your child. I won't simply buy my kids a toy because the toy's marketing team decided they want my kids to want it.

But anyway, still stock at chapters, so for those who want it, go nuts!
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4832 posts
648 upvotes
calgary
Lots of great parenting advice in this thread,

I tried to talk my kids out of this, in fact I usually always try to steer my kids towards practical and useful presents. I even did manage to talk my oldest out of it but with my youngest wouldn't budge when I explained it crap and a waste of money. I asked her what else she would want if we couldnt find this and all she said was "a box of the small LOL" dolls :rolleyes:.

Even though like I said I'd sooner just burn the money instead of trip over another stupid doll shoe, I eventually gave in, convinced myself it was maybe worth it because my daughter plays with these dolls for literally hours at a time and it was all she wanted and all she is getting from us for for xmas.
Jul 26, 2015
436 posts
238 upvotes
Toronto
cdfegab wrote:

-youtube vid-
I honestly feel bad for people who have to sit down and make videos on these things they don't even like. But hey, at least they're earning money.