Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2006
5342 posts
2809 upvotes
Northside

charged for using WI-FI on my bb curve 8320

Hi I got charged for using WI-FI on my blackberry 8320? Do you guys know whats wrong? Can anyone please help me. Thanks :)
5 replies
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
28752 posts
1370 upvotes
PunkeyDoodles Corner…
I'm sure you didn't get charged for WIFI.

You may THINK it is for wifi...however...you got charged for using DATA.

PERIOD.

OOps...I sit corrected. Actually this is possible at ROGERS COMPLIANT HOTSPOTS. But this would mean you would have had to register your account at that hotspot., and clicked a couple "I accept" hurdles before being given access to the wifi hotspot.

Cheers.
PayTM$154, dead. SDM: $5342 Rakuten: $181.98
100% Established: BST; Heat; FB market; Kijiji *BST: FS Mens Shoes & Boots: Viberg, Allend Edmonds, Red Wings, misc,*
*Various Szs Vintage: Florsheim Imperial
Oct 19, 2005
397 posts
Alberta
bubble.tea is kind of right.
The thing with the phones is that if you're using Wifi, thats fine, but if it for ANY reason cuts out, it will connect to Rogers Data and it also won't notify you of this. The phone thinks you want to use internet, it will find internet for you.
And as soon as you're off Wifi, hello data charges!

If you don't have a data plan, the best thing to do, to guard yourself from this is to call Rogers and disable data
The day I got my HTC S621, i called in and disabled data, because theres people who've gotten 1200$ charges in data because they think they're on wifi
Banned
Nov 29, 2005
4853 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
So to correct this statement, the Wifi Company did NOT charge you for internet usage.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2007
1437 posts
68 upvotes
Toronto, ON
monstar wrote: The day I got my HTC S621, i called in and disabled data, because theres people who've gotten 1200$ charges in data because they think they're on wifi
holy crap! dont' want to be in their shoes :)
One of the happiest moments in life . . .
"is when you find the courage to let go of what you can't change"

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)