• Feb 28th, 2018 12:17 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
18856 posts
3971 upvotes
Thornhill

Chat headset for PS4

The one that came with my PS4 is giving me headaches (apparently I have tiny ears) but I only really want it for chat in game.

I am not looking to spend much, any recommendations? I'd much prefer the headset style with one sided speakers and use my home theatre system as the game audio.

I've seen the Turtle Beach Chat Recon ($20), and the PS Gold headsets ($100) but would like more options.

Thanks
8 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2007
2128 posts
412 upvotes
I have the recon and it does the job well. No need to spend big bucks if it's just for chat.
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
3029 posts
172 upvotes
Toronto
What I have, you don't want but I have to say I love the Logitech G933 I picked up on clearance for $150. I like the retractable mic, the bluetooth, the quick buttons to mute (handy when raiding and want to quickly chat with the wifey). Replaceable battery is nice too. I can see this thing lasting quite some time.
Click Here to check my HOFO Feedback
Ebay Feedback
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
5028 posts
722 upvotes
calgary
Just a heads up if you dont really want to spend any money do you realize you can use any headphones with a microphone (ie. the headphones that come with your cellphone) for this?

Id just get any earbud type headphone and plug it into one ear.
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
3029 posts
172 upvotes
Toronto
SpicYMchaggis wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 10:00 am
Just a heads up if you dont really want to spend any money do you realize you can use any headphones with a microphone (ie. the headphones that come with your cellphone) for this?

Id just get any earbud type headphone and plug it into one ear.
Very true...except for the Apple Earbuds. They reversed the internal wires so you can hear people, but not chat. *shakes fist*
Ebay Feedback
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2007
1078 posts
140 upvotes
I just use a HyperX Cloud Core I use for my PC. Sometimes they go for sale at around $60. Very good bang for the buck.
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
2325 posts
1728 upvotes
Ottawa
Shiznacka wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 7:04 pm
What I have, you don't want but I have to say I love the Logitech G933 I picked up on clearance for $150. I like the retractable mic, the bluetooth, the quick buttons to mute (handy when raiding and want to quickly chat with the wifey). Replaceable battery is nice too. I can see this thing lasting quite some time.
Confusing...

I just ordered the white pair. Coming from Vancouver so it'll be a week before it arrives.

However, Best Buy, Amazon, The Source all have the G933 on sale for $199.99 this week. Bit of a difference from $150, but for all intents and purposes, they look like a solid pair of wireless gaming headphones.
Sep 17, 2017
81 posts
27 upvotes
I use a Creative Soundblaster Jam. It's a BT headset but I've got it plugged into, for better audio.

And, I can't hear anything...

It seems that PC headsets are not compatible for PS4 audio drivers
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
3029 posts
172 upvotes
Toronto
Batarang wrote:
Feb 26th, 2018 7:00 pm
Confusing...

I just ordered the white pair. Coming from Vancouver so it'll be a week before it arrives.

However, Best Buy, Amazon, The Source all have the G933 on sale for $199.99 this week. Bit of a difference from $150, but for all intents and purposes, they look like a solid pair of wireless gaming headphones.
What I meant was he wants a mono headset not a stereo one.
Ebay Feedback