Expired Hot Deals

[Chatr] $40 2GB/$45 4GB/$50 6GB 3G Data then slows down on Unlimited Data Chatr Plans

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 19th, 2017 6:31 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
3019 posts
2366 upvotes
Toronto

$40 2GB/$45 4GB/$50 6GB 3G Data then slows down on Unlimited Data Chatr Plans

Deal Link:
Price:
Retailer:
Chatr
Get a bonus 2GB of faster speed 3G Data before slowing down on Chatr unlimited data plans

$40 for 2GB & Unlimited Canada Wide Talk/International Texting
$45 for 4GB & Unlimited Canada Wide Calling/International Texting
$50 for 6GB & Unlimited Canada and US Calling/International Texting

https://www.chatrwireless.com/web/chatr ... PlanBrowse

Must be on pre authorized to receive extra 2GB data

**These plans also only work within Chatr's zone of coverage, make sure to check the map to see if it fits your needs.
Last edited by Nexzen on Jul 17th, 2017 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
24 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2017
1287 posts
690 upvotes
Looks like collusion between Rogers and Telus recently (aka Chatr and Public Mobile) lol
Oct 24, 2009
676 posts
531 upvotes
Vancouver
Price is about $10 higher than the original Mobilicity deal but it's still a decent plan for the older generation who just use their phones for WhatsApp/WeChat. At least if they go over from watching too many group chat videos, they still have super slow data that's still good enough for most of their needs.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2013
5329 posts
1945 upvotes
redflagdeals.com
Nexzen wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 7:50 pm
Get a bonus 2GB of faster speed 3G Data before slowing down on Chatr unlimited data plans

$40 for 2GB & Unlimited Canada Wide Talk/International Texting
$45 for 4GB & Unlimited Canada Wide Calling/International Texting
$50 for 6GB & Unlimited Canada and US Calling/International Texting

https://www.chatrwireless.com/web/chatr ... PlanBrowse

Must be on pre authorized to receive extra 2GB data
You forgot to mention that these are geographically restricted "in-Zone" only plans.
A wise RFD'er once said, "Buy now, think later."
I like wearing tinfoil hats.

¯\_(-.-)_/¯

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ "Behold!"
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2014
1477 posts
460 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
shayne85 wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 8:07 pm
Looks like collusion between Rogers and Telus recently (aka Chatr and Public Mobile) lol
Lol, no collusion here! Nope..
This is "competition"
Nope, couldn't say that with a straight face
Buyer beware: Oculus rips off American Express cardholders when buying games and apps.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 15, 2004
6276 posts
773 upvotes
once wind goes out of biz, for sure these discount carriers owned by big3 will jack up all existing prices or reduce speed and amount of data.
Banned
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8479 upvotes
GTHA
sf1 wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 9:41 pm
once wind goes out of biz, for sure these discount carriers owned by big3 will jack up all existing prices or reduce speed and amount of data.
Shaw will let Freedom Mobile fail?
Dec 2, 2015
89 posts
270 upvotes
London, ON
Chatr plan is "in-zone". If you are out of zone,you must use credit in your account to pay extra fee for each use (call/text/data).
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
1827 posts
1029 upvotes
Toronto
I don't understand how the "in-zone" feature is supposed to work. I'm on the mobilicity legacy 6GB plan with chatr, and drove from Toronto to Guelph and beyond (Elora Gorge and Elora Quarry) and I had internet the whole time (was tethering and surfing on my laptop), had no issues making and receiving calls and texts. No roaming charges at all and my account history shows "$0.00" for all of the activities that day.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
1835 posts
1805 upvotes
TheImp wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 9:17 pm
Lol, no collusion here! Nope..
This is "competition"
Nope, couldn't say that with a straight face
Lol I hate when I get emails at work about "competition"
"due to increased competition we have raised the prices yet again, this quarter, by $5!"
Koodo, Fido, Telus, Public Mobile, Virgin customer.
Mar 17, 2016
44 posts
19 upvotes
After Fido adds unlimited data for 1 HR 5 times a month, and chatr giving unlimited slowed down internet, I have a feeling that unlimited internet is coming soon to Canada, as in USA
Dec 27, 2007
980 posts
393 upvotes
sf1 wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 9:41 pm
They already did jack up prices. Public unveils 3G plans that cost more then the previous LTE plans and Chatr prices up as well.
Bell Loyalty (or unloyalty) could only offer me a plan that was MORE than my pretty bad current plan $55/2GB Boyd ... 15 year customer... bye Bell. Hello Koodo and public mobile
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2017
1287 posts
690 upvotes
I swear collusion was illegal in Canada, guess cartels are ok.

Competition Bureau of Canada states.. "A cartel is formed when businesses agree to act together instead of competing with each other, all the while maintaining the illusion of competition."

Sound familiar lol
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
7427 posts
1220 upvotes
SomeGuyNamedBob wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 10:52 pm
I don't understand how the "in-zone" feature is supposed to work. I'm on the mobilicity legacy 6GB plan with chatr, and drove from Toronto to Guelph and beyond (Elora Gorge and Elora Quarry) and I had internet the whole time (was tethering and surfing on my laptop), had no issues making and receiving calls and texts. No roaming charges at all and my account history shows "$0.00" for all of the activities that day.

Recently? Before the speed bump + coverage changes to include Durham, my phone would stay online until I lose signal or if the phone reboots when I leave the zone area. Afterwards, it would be in away mode until I return back to the zone area.

However, I haven't tried ever since they expanded the area as I haven't had the need to leave from it..

Your destinations seems to fall within-zone (the orange area) and Elora is just outside the border line, so I'm sure there some buffer space.

On another note, glad to see they are adding areas for coverage. Last time I checked, they did not have Peterborough, Barrie, Windsor, Kelowna,, Winnipeg, Quebec City, Halifiax and Victoria. I can't recall if Kingston did or not

*edit* The new coverage started in May.
http://mobilesyrup.com/2017/05/03/chatr ... locations/

*hugs mobilicity plan*