Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Chatr & Lucky Mobile

New plans $15 (100 min+250 MB) and $25 a month (1GB Data +Unltd incoming)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 19th, 2019 10:58 am
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2015
2028 posts
2009 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Should I get Chatr or Public mobile? Or doesn't matter at this point?

EDIT: Want $15 plan for dad. Also anywhere to get free sim card?
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2006
4264 posts
5639 upvotes
Muskoka
PM is cheaper by $2 - at these prices that's a 13% savings.
LTE at 3G speed is better than 3G at 3G speed - point goes to PM
Chatr has a number you can call in and speak to someone or have a live chat with.
Public Mobile
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2015
2028 posts
2009 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
spotts01 wrote: PM is cheaper by $2 - at these prices that's a 13% savings.
LTE at 3G speed is better than 3G at 3G speed - point goes to PM
Chatr has a number you can call in and speak to someone or have a live chat with.
PM it is then
May 14, 2017
168 posts
116 upvotes
Calgary, Ab
On Costco website it mentions the $15 plan from Lucky Mobile as being unlimited incoming calls, while on lucky website doesn’t mention nothing about it...
Does anyone knows how accurate Costco website is?
Images
  • 3A842ABD-B8C1-45E1-B331-53AAFC44EF4C.png
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2005
1072 posts
391 upvotes
chevyz07 wrote: Should I get Chatr or Public mobile? Or doesn't matter at this point?

EDIT: Want $15 plan for dad. Also anywhere to get free sim card?

I’ve been looking around for a different plan for family. Between Lucky, Chatr and Public Mobile, public mobile is cheaper with the auto pay and referals. The PM thread is complaining about people getting dropped calls like anything. Assuming those are the rare / unlucky people, the real difference comes down to roaming.

PM - no roaming. If you go to the US, you have to buy a travel pack, otherwise zero service. No option for international roaming.

No international roaming for Lucky either.

Chatr does have roaming, so you get signal while you travel to US or any other international destination.

So long story short, if you go outside Canada with any frequency, Chatr might be good for you. If you don’t travel much and just want the lowest possible price, PM might be the better choice.
Dec 10, 2018
17 posts
1 upvote
The data speed of chatr is horrible. If you do Uber, Uber Eat or Lift, etc., Stay away from them. You would not be able to take the order on time because the data speed is too slow.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
50593 posts
6557 upvotes
Toronto
A quick question, i signed up for the $25/mo Lucky Mobile plan and want to set up the automatic top up to get the bonus data. My plan is $25, do i select the $25 automatic top up or do i select $30 because of the taxes i have to pay for the $25 plan?

Thx.

Edit: I went with $30 top up just to be safe. How do i know if i got the data bonus after setting up automatic top up?
Sep 1, 2009
376 posts
339 upvotes
gta
Jimboski wrote: A quick question, i signed up for the $25/mo Lucky Mobile plan and want to set up the automatic top up to get the bonus data. My plan is $25, do i select the $25 automatic top up or do i select $30 because of the taxes i have to pay for the $25 plan?

Thx.

Edit: I went with $30 top up just to be safe. How do i know if i got the data bonus after setting up automatic top up?
I auto top up at 28.25 and it works. Every month my lucky portal shows 512 bonus plus 512 regular data in there.
“I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.”-John Galt 😎
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2013
2924 posts
1908 upvotes
Moon
Wondering if PM will make their plans unlimited too...
Koodo, Public Mobile, Lucky Mobile Customer

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)