• Last Updated:
  • Sep 18th, 2018 7:38 pm
[OP]
Mar 1, 2018
363 posts
6 upvotes

CHATR Mobile vs Public Mobile vs Lucky Mobile

CHATR Mobile vs Public Mobile vs
Lucky Mobile. Which company is the best choice for my teenager son living in Montreal and no expectation use in rural zone. No Data bandwich. Use own data with own router WiFi. Basic plan with no data. Teenager, these
day often use applìcation whatapps, facebook, youtube, spotify, google map, Skype,
Chat and text.
Last edited by tom416 on Sep 13th, 2018 7:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thread Summary
Chatr mobile vs lucky mobile vs public mobile vs Koodo mobile
8 replies
Feb 15, 2004
802 posts
49 upvotes
Toronto
Was looking for something similar, found this comparison I think it might help, looks like the $20 Public Mobile option might be the best for you, that's the conclusion I came to.
Deal Guru
Aug 6, 2001
12347 posts
1073 upvotes
Mississauga
If data is not a concern, Chatr makes the most amount of sense. Price is same but they have LIVE customer support which is lacking in Public Mobile.

Rogers network in Montreal is very decent as well.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
16217 posts
4902 upvotes
Toronto
weedb0y wrote:
Sep 13th, 2018 5:52 pm
If data is not a concern, Chatr makes the most amount of sense. Price is same but they have LIVE customer support which is lacking in Public Mobile.

Rogers network in Montreal is very decent as well.
Customer service is needed sparingly if at all. The plan features matter most because it affects every day usage. I think Public Mobile is the best of the bunch. You gotta factor in the great migration offers.
Koodo $35/5GB and $40/6GB
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo $120/12GB/90 days
Fido $0/3GB
Rogers $25 500U home internet
Tangerine Bank
Deal Guru
Aug 6, 2001
12347 posts
1073 upvotes
Mississauga
will888 wrote:
Sep 14th, 2018 11:45 am
Customer service is needed sparingly if at all. The plan features matter most because it affects every day usage. I think Public Mobile is the best of the bunch. You gotta factor in the great migration offers.
He's looking for just talk. Chatr offers same plan plus live customer service. PM makes no sense here for his specific needs.
Mar 14, 2017
101 posts
34 upvotes
I would go with PM. For $25 Chatr offers 100 text per month. PM offers unlimited text. In addition, PM offers autopay discount, loyalty discount, and forum contribution discount; I'm not sure whether Chatr still offers autopay discount (even if it does, it's only for a number of months and not ongoing) and definitely not for loyalty and forum contribution.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
16217 posts
4902 upvotes
Toronto
XeniaOnatopp wrote:
Sep 15th, 2018 2:28 am
I would go with PM. For $25 Chatr offers 100 text per month. PM offers unlimited text. In addition, PM offers autopay discount, loyalty discount, and forum contribution discount; I'm not sure whether Chatr still offers autopay discount (even if it does, it's only for a number of months and not ongoing) and definitely not for loyalty and forum contribution.
Don't forget the awesome Koodo migration offers. People in the talk and text plan were offered $20 talk and text plan with $120 bill credit, making it $10 per month for a year.
Koodo $35/5GB and $40/6GB
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo $120/12GB/90 days
Fido $0/3GB
Rogers $25 500U home internet
Tangerine Bank
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
28543 posts
3916 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
A teenager that actually makes phone calls?

I was going to suggest Fido $15 tablet plan and VoIP for calls. That makes the most sense to me for a teenager. If SMS is the main use, Koodo prepaid $15 a month with boosters is my second choice.
Mar 14, 2017
101 posts
34 upvotes
will888 wrote:
Sep 16th, 2018 2:01 pm
Don't forget the awesome Koodo migration offers. People in the talk and text plan were offered $20 talk and text plan with $120 bill credit, making it $10 per month for a year.
Migration means transferring to postpaid, which the OP may not want to. There are plenty of good prepaid options and I would not recommend postpaid services for a teenager unless there is a good reason to do so.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)