• Last Updated:
  • Mar 6th, 2019 12:57 pm
[OP]
May 30, 2017
501 posts
158 upvotes
Streetsville, Missis…

Chatr vs Freedom $15 prepaid plan

So Chatr came out with a new prepaid plan for $15. 100 Canada-wide minutes and unlimited international, picture, video texting. If you choose to Auto Pay you get 250mb data. Voicemail is 40c/min

Freedom’s Home Plan gives you 250mb standard and also 100 Canada-wide min. Unlimited incoming calls and unlimited Canada and US texting. It also comes with Voicemail+ and Freedom wifi access (???).

It’s also $15 with auto pay.

I’m leaning towards Freedom because incoming calls are free and I don’t think that’s the case with Chatr. Also, voicemail is included with the Freedom plan. My only issue is Freedom’s coverage. I’m using an iPhone SE. I don’t have band 66 but I never leave the GTA.

Right now I’m with Koodo prepaid on their $15 plan but I’m sick of paying extra for minutes. But is Koodo prepaid still king?

What do you all think? Do you suggest Freedom? Thanks.
5 replies
[OP]
May 30, 2017
501 posts
158 upvotes
Streetsville, Missis…
fredder wrote:
Mar 5th, 2019 4:42 pm
according to this graphic https://globalnews.ca/news/4956323/cana ... nly-plans/
Chatr $15 plan is also supposed to also have unlimited incoming calls (as of April). Is this true?
Is that so? Thanks for the article. Too bad that Fido prepaid $15 plan is texting and data only. So now the only difference between Chatr & Freedom is Voicemail, which I need included in the plan. Freedom it is. I’ve been with Koodo prepaid for 5 years now and they’ve yet to offer me a good migration plan.
Oct 17, 2010
493 posts
241 upvotes
Vancouver
cellnerd wrote:
Mar 5th, 2019 7:00 pm
I’ve been with Koodo prepaid for 5 years now and they’ve yet to offer me a good migration plan.
Wow 5 year and nothing? it's time to activate a virgin/lucky prepaid!
Koodo $50.00 8gb S9+
Virgin Mobile $40 6gb S8+
Public Mobile $38 5gb iPhone 8+
Jul 16, 2013
413 posts
114 upvotes
If it really has unlimited incoming calls I would get that