Cheap bathroom Kitchen remodel for $15K? Am I dreaming, sane or crazy?
Details: Bathroom is 7 1/2ft by 5ft including the shower.
What I'd like to do:
- Replace floor tiles 25 sqft - space $5-6/ft $150 + installation
- Replace marble shower threshold - $60 + installation
- replace shower floor tiles - 5ft x 2ft $5-$6/ft - $100 + installation
- replace shower wall tiles 72 sqft - $5-$6/ft - $432 + installation
- replace shower faucet - $150-$250 + installation
- replace glass shower door and wall (4 ft) - Dilemma. I have a door and insert already. But, in order to take out the tile and reinstall it, the door will have to be taken down. If it's possible to re-use it then I will. If not, it's an extra cost. Have no clue. Insert is 2 1/2ftby 8ft. Door is 2ft x 6.5 ft. No idea on cost
- replace vanity, sink, faucet - $500 vanity (ikea) sink & faucet - $400, counter - 2 linear feet (quartz) $200 + installation
- replace medicine cabinet - $150-200
- 1 or 2 pot lights - $150/light installed
Total assumes that I can reuse the shower door and insert.
Need to keep this at $5K installed.
- 10 linear ft + island 3x3 1/2 ft mid-range quartz - $100/ft - $1500
- backsplash 30 sqft
-- option 1 (tile): $5/ft - $150 + Installation
-- option 2 (mid-range quartz): $100/ft - $1500 + installation
- Floor Tile 100 sqft $5/ft - $500
- stainless stink (square edge) + faucet - $700 + installation
- Install under cabinet lighting to existing cabinets (no clue)
If cost is too high for the quartz bakcsplash, I'll put tile, which should bring the cost down.
If I can get the kitchen and bathroom to $15K I'll do bathroom 2. Something tells me it could be tight.
Also some trades recomendations would be great. Deff need a good tile guy.