• Feb 27th, 2017 4:01 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2005
4693 posts
50 upvotes
Local

cheap camera flash for sony a7?

I'm looking to get a cheap camera flash for my sony a7 which is being used with legacy manual focus lens. I'm leaning mostly toward the 2017 godox tt350s, though I'm not sure if it does support the a7 (says ilce-6000l compatible)It costs about $85USD. It is small, and I can use it in TTL or manual flash mode.

I've never used flash with a camera like this before....So I would like to try and learn a bit manual flash...but have that option of using TTL....and with having manual focus lens along with a manual flash...it may be just too much to do if trying to snap pictures of people in the moment. Also, why would I want to consider a bigger flash like the yonguo 560iv? When is having a bigger flash and bigger guide number useful? I am only taking photos recreationally as a hobby, not like a professional. Wouldn't that dwarf the sony a7? Another choice is the neewer- nw320 which can be had for $67-80+USD
4 replies
Sep 28, 2009
409 posts
45 upvotes
I am using the Godox flash on my A6000. I got it just after Christmas. I have been happy with it so far but have not used in extensively. I bought it when eBay had a coupon for a discount. Another poster in this forum suggested it and I took up his suggestion.

I would buy the Godox. It is a small investment and a nice size on the camera.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
6189 posts
800 upvotes
The following site explains everything about flash, guide and inverse square law better than most could in one post here.

http://www.scantips.com/

Love my NW320 and find I often have to manually dial it down in a lited indoor setting using TTL but it looks small even on my a6000, would probably be comical on the A7.
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2004
4449 posts
100 upvotes
I am using TT350S on my a6000 with the wireless trigger. Got it off aliexpress. Works good so far.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel