Expired Hot Deals

[Home Depot] Cheap CFL bulbs at all major retailers after using in-store coupon - Ontario Only

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 8th, 2010 9:04 pm
[OP]
Mar 20, 2006
159 posts
6 upvotes
Kitchener

[Home Depot] Cheap CFL bulbs at all major retailers after using in-store coupon - Ontario Only

I just got back from local Home Depot and got a 4-pack of mini-spiral CFL bulbs for $0.98 after using a $5 coupon. Regular price was $5.98!
Limit 5 per customer. This coupon applied to all Energy Star qualified CFLs pack of 3 or more bulbs.
Deal on until end of October. Ontario only.

They had another $2 coupon, don't know the details.

For more information see this great thread!
11 replies
Sep 23, 2009
317 posts
83 upvotes
Ottawa
98 cents is pretty sweet! Movin to a new house soon so definitely stopping by HD tomorrow! Thanks!
Aug 30, 2004
459 posts
6 upvotes
May want to mention that this is an Ontario-only deal.
Feb 11, 2007
240 posts
531 upvotes
Markham
You could always get CFL 60W output for $1.25 from Dollarama
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2005
3337 posts
818 upvotes
Ottawa
Why oh why do they limit these promotions to CFL when LED is so much better.

1. Energy savings averages 50-80%
2. Lifetime of a fluorescent is 20-30,000 hrs; LED is 100,000 hrs.
3. No low-level radiation or damaging UV rays.
4. Average Return on investment is 30-50%
5. Better light quality over lifetime. No flickering.
6. Low heat emanation means money saved on cooling.
7. The light is very easy on the eyes and can be dimmed.

Yeah, sure, you've got to be careful and choose the right one because there's a lot of crap out there but if every kilowatt really does count then they should be steering us in this direction.
[OP]
Mar 20, 2006
159 posts
6 upvotes
Kitchener
Oksijan wrote:
Oct 8th, 2010 12:27 am

Is that for a single bulb? I got a 4-pack, so cost me about 24 cents per bulb for a reputable brand.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
7376 posts
627 upvotes
Toronto
The $5/$2 coupons apply to SPECIALTY CFL ONLY!

If you get the regular twisters with the coupon, good for you, but you shouldn't be.

ENERGY STAR® qualified specialty CFL light bulbs (covered, decorative, dimmable, flood, spot, globe, candelabra, tri-light, etc.)
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2006
3144 posts
429 upvotes
Not so easy there Ma…
Drew_W wrote:
Oct 8th, 2010 8:56 am

If you get the regular twisters with the coupon, good for you, but you shouldn't be.

ENERGY STAR® qualified specialty CFL light bulbs (covered, decorative, dimmable, flood, spot, globe, candelabra, tri-light, etc.)

Yup.

+ you have to pay tax on the before $5 coupon price.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2006
1786 posts
146 upvotes
Oksijan wrote:
Oct 8th, 2010 12:27 am
I have previously bought the 'Sunbeam' CFL's at Dollaramma (at that time they were $1). I would not recommend them. The colour of the light was fine but the length of their lifespan was somewhere around 1 year. This is only my experience with about 6-10 bulbs but others I currently use last much longer. One bulb did not work at all and Dollaramma would NOT take it back :mad: Apparently they don't take any returns for any reason.
It used to be only death and taxes were inevitable. Now, of course, there's shipping and handling, too.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
3316 posts
487 upvotes
GTA
Drew_W wrote:
Oct 8th, 2010 8:56 am

Indeed. OP got lucky. Went to home depot this morning (markham/kirkham) and tried the same 4-pack mini-spiral bulbs @ 5.98 (Philips) and got denied at the checkout. Cashier had a list of eligible skus :( YMMV, I suppose. The 6-pack mini-spiral bulbs @ ~9.98 did not work either.

Any good deals to bundle this coupon with ATM? We're still looking around. :razz:
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2005
1903 posts
878 upvotes
Went to WALmart,there are tones of coupon over there. Brought 6 packs for 10 dollar and no problem to use the coupon.