None
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2014
1206 posts
529 upvotes
Pickering, ON

Cheap Children books

Hi all,

Do you know where I can get cheap children books?
23 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
7750 posts
1635 upvotes
Dollarama has them and I am sure most used bookstores are filled with them, too.
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2008
1607 posts
1431 upvotes
Richmond Hill
The Samko and Miko Toy warehouse in Richmond Hill (going on March 9 - end of March break) has a huge selection of new children's books from $1.

I usually buy a bunch from there at the lowest price points for my baby
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
4128 posts
946 upvotes
Sask.
Check thrift stores for gently used. Yard sales in the summer. Some libraries clear out books as well.

For new, Book outlet when they have a really good sale, it can counteract their shipping price. Also check out the scratch and dent area.

http://bookoutlet.ca/
Aug 5, 2008
808 posts
602 upvotes
Sometimes Winners will have them on clearance.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2015
2854 posts
2860 upvotes
NOT centre of Univer…
In order of somewhat cheapest....

Library
Garage sales
Thrift or second hand stores
Won era
Costco(for more recent)
Scholastics.

My kids read through so many books, we also got them an ereader to get free downloads.
On a 'smart' device that isn't always so smart. So please forgive the autocorrects and typos. If it bothers you, then don't read my posts, but don't waste my time correcting me. If you can get past the typos, then my posts generally have some value.
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2014
1206 posts
529 upvotes
Pickering, ON
Thank you everyone.. I will check Samko this weekend
Deal Expert
Dec 5, 2006
16787 posts
12570 upvotes
Markham
I don't recommend buy used book for children. You don't know who read it and how many virus there
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2015
1268 posts
655 upvotes
York Region
Didi_beee wrote: The Samko and Miko Toy warehouse in Richmond Hill (going on March 9 - end of March break) has a huge selection of new children's books from $1.

I usually buy a bunch from there at the lowest price points for my baby
I bought tons of books over the years from Samko. I just checked their site and they have online shopping too.
https://samkoandmikotoywarehouse.com/
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
9113 posts
2403 upvotes
Library is the best source unless you're talking about activity books.
"God's in His heaven. All's right with the world." - Robert Browning (1812-1889)
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2014
1206 posts
529 upvotes
Pickering, ON
I would rather buy because my son is 25 months old and only speaks 2 words. I started speaking closer to 3 years old and I'm just trying everything with him.
Deal Expert
Dec 5, 2006
16787 posts
12570 upvotes
Markham
SleepyEyez wrote: I would rather buy because my son is 25 months old and only speaks 2 words. I started speaking closer to 3 years old and I'm just trying everything with him.
At that age, instead of buying, just borrow books from library
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2015
1268 posts
655 upvotes
York Region
smartie wrote: Is online price same as warehouse sale?
I just found out about their online shopping the other day so I don't know if the prices are the same. I guess you can compare with the items on their flyer.