Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Cheap DVD/Bluray Offers For $8 Off Ghostbusters,Star Trek,Suicide Squad, Pets, Bourne

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 3rd, 2016 7:43 pm
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10836 posts
5634 upvotes
Toronto

Cheap DVD/Bluray Offers For $8 Off Ghostbusters,Star Trek,Suicide Squad, Pets, Bourne

Deal Link:
Just a little reminder thread about Movie Cash DVD/Bluray offers, since there hasn't been one in a while. There are a bunch of them out now for the current/upcoming big summer releases. Ghostbusters, Star Trek, Suicide Squad, Secret Life of Pets, Jason Bourne. As well as some still around for films (almost) out of theatres like Neighbors 2, Warcraft.

For those unfamiliar with these offers.
Buy a selected DVD/Bluray, hopefully below or around $8, and get $8-$9 off a ticket to see the film in the offer. Kind of like free DVD/Blurays, if you are going to pay an admission anyway.
Typical Coupon restrictions on new theatre releases do not apply to these, you can use them anytime. You do have to use the coupon to purchase the actual ticket online and pay any outstanding balance, unless you go Tuesday, here that is $7.99, so free. You also do still get Scene points on these purchases.

Best Buy page is just for example, PRICING AND SELECTION VARY GREATLY BY VENDOR. Often in store pricing is different than online pricing too.

If you see a good title, cheap, post it please.
I did get a Ghostbusters 1&2 DVD at WM for $8, with $8 off Ghostbusters and including a nice little embroidered GB patch.
I also got a Man of Steel DVD for $5 with $8 off Suicide Squad at BB.

$5
27 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2006
7949 posts
2868 upvotes
Washington, DC
Apparently Ghostbusters is horrible and Bourne is supposedly all action and barely any dialogue. Not sure if the others are going to be any good.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
Abraham Lincoln
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10836 posts
5634 upvotes
Toronto
lincoln wrote: Apparently Ghostbusters is horrible and Bourne is supposedly all action and barely any dialogue. Not sure if the others are going to be any good.
My money is on Suicide Squad, as the possible savior, if there is one. I didn't think Ghostbusters was an abomination, but it is instantly forgettable. See the naysayers were right, women Ghostbusters just aren't funny. :twisted:
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2001
15556 posts
1026 upvotes
lincoln wrote: Apparently Ghostbusters is horrible and Bourne is supposedly all action and barely any dialogue. Not sure if the others are going to be any good.
This. But at least the action in Bourne is supposed to be good.
Should we have open retail markets to bring more UK and US retailers to Canada?wegmans-tops-trader-joes-americas-favou ... #p27788812
Oct 3, 2015
902 posts
1915 upvotes
Toronto
Can someone please tell me which movies they find for Star Trek Beyond cash?
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
Don't forget that Jason Bourne is directed by the terrible Paul Greengrass (who directed the last two Bourne movies...Sheesh!)...who loves to use the LAZY shooting style I call "Drunken Cam" where you can barely see the action while feeling like you wanna puke at the same time. Why do they make this guy shoot these movies?! It's ridiculous.
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
idiotcanuck wrote: My money is on Suicide Squad, as the possible savior, if there is one. I didn't think Ghostbusters was an abomination, but it is instantly forgettable. See the naysayers were right, women Ghostbusters just aren't funny. :twisted:
Why don't you go say that on the RFD Entertainment forum's Ghostbusters 2016 thread?....I was one of the naysayers...and was not backed by many people and labeled a misogynist as expected ..at least I was right about my predictions.
Deal Addict
May 8, 2005
2140 posts
613 upvotes
Birchmount & Ell…
Scorpionsy wrote: Don't forget that Jason Bourne is directed by the terrible Paul Greengrass...who loves to use the LAZY shooting style I call "Drunken Cam" where you can barely see the action while feeling like you wanna puke at the same time. Why do they make this guy shoot these movies?! It's ridiculous.
Because damon wouldnt have reprised the role if he werent the director. The renner bourne movie was my least favourite so far.
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10836 posts
5634 upvotes
Toronto
Scorpionsy wrote: Why don't you go say that on the RFD Entertainment forum's Ghostbusters 2016 thread?....I was one of the naysayers...and was not backed by many people and labeled a misogynist as expected ..at least I was right about my predictions.
I was just kidding about the "women Ghostbuster's not being funny" part. I mean these women have been very funny elsewhere. If they had a funny script, it could have worked, but I get the feeling that they relied on the name and women casting gimmick instead of writing a funny
film.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2011
1102 posts
353 upvotes
OAKVILLE
I watched it with my wife on Tuesday. It wasn't terrible. Wont be a classic, but at the very least worth a watch.
My Xbox Gamertag – KY JELLO
My Bell plan: $60/mo – 5GB, 250 LD, Bell-to-Bell, CD, VM, plus unlimited texting & evenings
Deal Addict
May 16, 2007
1508 posts
1484 upvotes
Might pickup Assault on Arkham.

As for Ghostbusters I enjoyed it. Wasn't the best film of the 3 but still enjoyable. Too bad reading some of the posts in here people made up their minds ages ago it was going to bad...kind of hard for a movie you want to be bad to get past those expectations and surprise you. I find it easier to go in with an open mind and see what happens then I'll make my mind up when the credits roll.
Deal Addict
May 8, 2005
2140 posts
613 upvotes
Birchmount & Ell…
idiotcanuck wrote: I was just kidding about the "women Ghostbuster's not being funny" part. I mean these women have been very funny elsewhere. If they had a funny script, it could have worked, but I get the feeling that they relied on the name and women casting gimmick instead of writing a funny
film.
To me the two funniest were chris hemsworth and kate mckinnon.. wiig and mccarthy werent particularly funny. It seemed to me like they toned it down for them as theyd have to pay them more for more comedy parts for them
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2001
9522 posts
3174 upvotes
Don't think of those searches are useful, at least some of those were promtoing movie cash for old movies, eg can see "neighbours 2"
Banned
Jul 18, 2016
53 posts
4 upvotes
Any movie for $ 8 or less with Star Trek Movie cash in it ?
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
zerocool24 wrote: Because damon wouldnt have reprised the role if he werent the director. The renner bourne movie was my least favourite so far.
At least the Renner movie didn't have drunken style photography. I really don't like Greengrass because of this technique.

I think the stories and acting is great in the movies...but the photography makes it unbearable to watch.
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10836 posts
5634 upvotes
Toronto
Here are a couple of deals at WM.
The original 4 Superman movies, or original 4 Batman movies, on DVD for $9.88 with $8 in Movie Cash for Suicide Squad.
The original 3 Spiderman movies on DVD for $10 with $7.50 in Movie Money for Ghostbusters.
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10836 posts
5634 upvotes
Toronto
I saw Bad Boys on Bluray at BB for $7 with $7.50 for Ghostbusters. Dark Night and Green Lantern on Bluray for $8 with $8 for Suicide Squad