• Last Updated:
  • Mar 29th, 2018 11:31 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
4293 posts
627 upvotes
Toronto
you sure there's a papachang's at Jubilee? No mention on their site: http://www.papachang.ca/contact-us/
1337rice wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 7:30 pm
It's in Jubilee Square on West Beaver Creek since last year July.

Eat at First Markham Place food court. Your typical Char Siu rice is under $7 after tax, which is barely or not even possible in Richmond Hill.
Restoran Malaysia if you want decent portions of Thai/Malay/Singapore food under $15 after tax.
Hong Far Cafe at Richlane has a special menu that includes a drink for around $7-8 after tax. Takeout has a 10% discount.

Or just go to T&T, buy like a case of noodles for $15-20, grab a few cans of luncheon meat, buy some eggs, boil some cheap lettuce and call it a night for the next month.
BST meeting place:
Monday-Fri (9am-5pm): 2 Queen St East or Eaton Centre (or nearby places)
Monday-Thurs (after 5:30pm): Sheppard & Yonge
Saturday and Sunday: n/a
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
2274 posts
679 upvotes
you could buy 2 party trays of food (a meat dish and rice/noodle dish) at Chinese restaurants, they'd probably deliver free too since they're like $40
would probably last a couple days depending on how much you eat

theres a Hakka restaurant called asian garden at 16th and Bayview, has lunch deals, meat/rice takeout

too bad you don't live near t&t or first Markham place, really cheap food and goes on sale at night for even cheaper
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
4293 posts
627 upvotes
Toronto
toronto19850 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 3:48 pm
you could buy 2 party trays of food (a meat dish and rice/noodle dish) at Chinese restaurants, they'd probably deliver free too since they're like $40
would probably last a couple days depending on how much you eat

theres a Hakka restaurant called asian garden at 16th and Bayview, has lunch deals, meat/rice takeout

too bad you don't live near t&t or first Markham place, really cheap food and goes on sale at night for even cheaper
thanks i'll check out that Hakka place.

I live in between 2 TnTs, the weldrick one and 16th/Woodbine. I like the Weldrick one cux i could also head next door to Hmart for some marked down food they have around 5-530.
BST meeting place:
Monday-Fri (9am-5pm): 2 Queen St East or Eaton Centre (or nearby places)
Monday-Thurs (after 5:30pm): Sheppard & Yonge
Saturday and Sunday: n/a
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
5213 posts
1054 upvotes
Markham
Rather than recommend another Asian place. Try the best Shawarma in Markham...almost Richmond Hill

https://www.yelp.ca/biz/shawarma-stop-markham
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2008
3014 posts
314 upvotes
Richmond Hill
yesstyle wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 3:42 pm
you sure there's a papachang's at Jubilee? No mention on their site: http://www.papachang.ca/contact-us/
Live in Richmond Hill and I've been to that location in August. I also pass by the plaza nearly every day. I don't know how sure I have to be Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2003
4564 posts
649 upvotes
Mississauga
1337rice wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 4:00 pm
Live in Richmond Hill and I've been to that location in August. I also pass by the plaza nearly every day. I don't know how sure I have to be Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
there is no papa chang there...

the only one is at markham rd and 16th

and an express one in pac mall
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2008
3014 posts
314 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Ducky wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 5:25 pm
there is no papa chang there...

the only one is at markham rd and 16th

and an express one in pac mall
So that automatically means me living and working less than 5-10 minutes away from that location, pass by it every day, makes you and the outdated website <------> that much more credible.

Cuz you know...Coriollis posting the Google Street Maps link...this Facebook page that you could've searched up in 10 seconds, we're really just trying to lie to you all :rolleyes:
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2003
4564 posts
649 upvotes
Mississauga
1337rice wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 7:08 pm
So that automatically means me living and working less than 5-10 minutes away from that location, pass by it every day, makes you and the outdated website <------> that much more credible.

Cuz you know...Coriollis posting the Google Street Maps link...this Facebook page that you could've searched up in 10 seconds, we're really just trying to lie to you all :rolleyes:
it could be same owner opening a place under different name.... one is a tea bistro... the other is asian fusion...

same menu?
Dec 29, 2013
30 posts
12 upvotes
Setting is different, but similar food in my opinion.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2002
7260 posts
512 upvotes
Toronto
Might get flamed for this, but the salad bar at Whole Foods birchmount & 7. Very extensive make your own salad bar, I think their pulled pork is fantastic for example. They also have a bunch of less healthy salad items like corn chips, good gauc. If you are careful about adding just the right amount of food and avoiding heavier stuff you can get a nice variety salad.

This way the parents can keep it healthy, with some falvour and pay by the gram. Might not be the cheapest but you also get free hassle free self refill filtered water, a nice outdoor patio and if they enjoy beer or wine (obviously throws off savings) but they are licensed. Furthermore an LCBO in the plaza and usually free samples in the cheese section if you truly want to be cheap. Also a pizza station some soups and other stuff.

I know its not quite Richmond hill, you could hit longos 7/woodbine which has a similar set up. Say all you want about whole foods that salad bar at whole foods is higher quality.

Just wanted to toss out an alternative to the Chinese Styrofoam take out.
Did I post something that interests you? Feel free to PM further questions.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
2274 posts
679 upvotes
GangStarr wrote:
Jan 14th, 2018 1:32 am
Might get flamed for this, but the salad bar at Whole Foods birchmount & 7. Very extensive make your own salad bar, I think their pulled pork is fantastic for example. They also have a bunch of less healthy salad items like corn chips, good gauc. If you are careful about adding just the right amount of food and avoiding heavier stuff you can get a nice variety salad.

This way the parents can keep it healthy, with some falvour and pay by the gram. Might not be the cheapest but you also get free hassle free self refill filtered water, a nice outdoor patio and if they enjoy beer or wine (obviously throws off savings) but they are licensed. Furthermore an LCBO in the plaza and usually free samples in the cheese section if you truly want to be cheap. Also a pizza station some soups and other stuff.

I know its not quite Richmond hill, you could hit longos 7/woodbine which has a similar set up. Say all you want about whole foods that salad bar at whole foods is higher quality.

Just wanted to toss out an alternative to the Chinese Styrofoam take out.
What’s the price for a meal like that?
I tend to avoid whole foods because everything is overpriced. I wouldn’t be surprised if the meal was $10+ tax for a small portion
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2002
7260 posts
512 upvotes
Toronto
toronto19850 wrote:
Jan 14th, 2018 5:23 am
What’s the price for a meal like that?
I tend to avoid whole foods because everything is overpriced. I wouldn’t be surprised if the meal was $10+ tax for a small portion
it's done by weight at a fixed price per 100grams for the whole table. I haven't been in a while so it really depends on what you throw on. There isn't a scale so you have to use your judgement. I can usually pull something off for $10-$13 but I've had a friend hit the $17 mark.

Recently I was at bay/bloor Manulife centre and the grocery store there is $1.99 per 100gram so whole foods is maybe $2.50 or $3 if I were to guess.
Did I post something that interests you? Feel free to PM further questions.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2004
2708 posts
123 upvotes
Peterborough
yesstyle wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 12:13 pm
So my parents will be out of the country for a few months and I'll be relying on eating out.

Any suggestions

Get married while they're away. That'll teach 'em. But be sure to pick someone who can cook ...