• Last Updated:
  • Jul 12th, 2018 7:01 pm
[OP]
Jan 24, 2015
100 posts
41 upvotes

Cheap Eyeglass Lens Replacement In Vancouver

Hi Guys,

I have an old frame that I would like to change the optical lenses on. I was wondering where you guys go to buy cheap lenses for replacement in Vancouver.

What prices have you guys paid in the past and from what store. I am not looking to do this online as I want to have the optician check my PD and have them replaced in person.

Updated pricing and store locations would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
3 replies
[OP]
Jan 24, 2015
100 posts
41 upvotes
Just wanted to let everyone know that Costco charges $120 for the lenses plus $18 fitting fee for a total of $138. This is a 1.67 index lens made by Essilor. Only anti scratch and anti reflective coating. No blue light coating on the lenses.

Has anyone seen anything cheaper than this?
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2003
1693 posts
371 upvotes
Everywhere
You pay a premium for an optician/in person. I pay at least $400 for Nikon, same as your Essilor but with blue light.

Costco is likely the cheapest in person.

Online might be cheaper, https://www.clearly.ca/
[OP]
Jan 24, 2015
100 posts
41 upvotes
As mentioned, I am trying to build a useful list for people trying to obtain affordable lens replacement and thus Nikon is out of the question.

There should be cheaper options than Costco with independent "Mom & Pop" shops. Also Clearly, does not replace lenses. They only sell complete frames.

Lenses are sold to retailers really cheap (depending on volume it could be between $5-$15 dollars). I can definitely be done for less than $138.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)