• Last Updated:
  • Sep 18th, 2013 2:48 pm
Tags:
None
Sep 16, 2013
1 posts

Cheap, fast parcel delivery?

Hello everyone!

My boyfriend is currently attending University in Waterloo. He's come down with a super nasty fever recently, and I would like to send him some medicine. Are there any express (if not same day) delivery options that won't drain out my wallet? I checked Canada Post for a shipping rate, and the total came around to $27 for me to send a box of Tylenol for the Priority shipping. I want the medication delivered as soon as possible. What would be a cheap alternative?
6 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2012
1836 posts
1399 upvotes
TORONTO
mimzayy wrote: I would like to send him some medicine. Are there any express (if not same day) delivery options that won't drain out my wallet? ... the total came around to $27 for me to send a box of Tylenol for the Priority shipping.
Seriously? Not sure if you're trolling or not.

If your boyfriend is so sick that he can't go to a pharmacy or grocery store to buy Tylenol, then he probably needs much more than just Tylenol.

And if you're serious, many local pharmacies will deliver for free or a nominal cost. Or call the UWaterloo health service: https://uwaterloo.ca/health-services/
Deal Guru
Oct 24, 2012
11641 posts
2620 upvotes
Montreal
If serious, then she's just trying to be cute by shipping him a care package. Awwwww :cheesygri

Tell your boyfriend to make some friends so they can hook him up with some hardcore tylenols bought from that shady dealer guy in a white vest in that DRUGS store near the campus.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 4, 2009
7698 posts
794 upvotes
North York
There is only one company I would use for next day delivery ... FedEx.

After FedEx, (ie. non critical or non-next day) I would use Canada Post's Xpresspost service.

Driving into Waterloo might not be bad if OP is in GTA.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
20056 posts
9837 upvotes
Toronto
mimzayy wrote: Hello everyone!

My boyfriend is currently attending University in Waterloo. He's come down with a super nasty fever recently, and I would like to send him some medicine. Are there any express (if not same day) delivery options that won't drain out my wallet? I checked Canada Post for a shipping rate, and the total came around to $27 for me to send a box of Tylenol for the Priority shipping. I want the medication delivered as soon as possible. What would be a cheap alternative?
Within Ontario, Xpresspost should cost you around $15 if you print it online.
Realtor (Investment Properties) - CPA, CA
Deal Fanatic
Nov 23, 2005
9005 posts
5728 upvotes
There is a store right across from UW where he can get Tylenol or anything else. Heck, I am sure UW has a pharmacy where he can get it as well. Unless you are shipping him some special herbs with magic curing powers, it is beyond me why you would want to ship him a bottle of Tylenol.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)