• Last Updated:
  • Feb 26th, 2011 9:22 pm
Tags:
None
Feb 11, 2011
4 posts

Cheap flights

Hi,

My grandfather passed away yesterday and I have to catch a flight this week anytime before Thursday March 3 and come back within 1 week. I live in Edmonton and I have to make it to either Montreal or Quebec city. As I am writing this, the tickets are going for $750... which is a little bit too much for what I can afford. If I do not have the choice, I will pay the price, but I'd rather have something in the $550-$650 price range.

A colleague told me to call the carriers directly and told them my situation, but I don't think they will give a crap and give me a deal because of the passing away of my grandpa.

Any inputs on ways to get tickets cheaper would be greatly appreciated.
3 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7025 posts
664 upvotes
GTA
Sorry to hear about your grandfather. As toronto_j mentioned, there are bereavement fares but you have to check if those are the best deal. The bereavement fare will be a discount of a full fare ticket. Travelling last minute that fare might be the best deal you can get, but you have to compare to make sure.

You can use this site:

http://matrix.itasoftware.com/

You can't actually book a ticket there, but you can get an idea of where you can get the best pricing. A lot of travel agents use that site.
When your mind says give up, hope whispers "one more try"
Never say never
× < >