Travel

Cheap OVERNIGHT parking in downtown Ottawa?

• Last Updated:
  • May 12th, 2013 9:07 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2003
4694 posts
180 upvotes

Cheap OVERNIGHT parking in downtown Ottawa?

Hello,

Where can I find cheap weekend (Saturday) OVERNIGHT parking in downtown Ottawa?

Also i heard parking is free on weekends at City run parking lots within the downtown core, is this true? WHat are the free hours you are allowed to park?
:eek:
12 replies
Aug 31, 2004
518 posts
10 upvotes
Ottawa
Free. Check signs as to time limit e.g. one - two hour max. Meters are gone for the most part and replaced by pay machines. Check the machine on the block for confirmation if in doubt. World Exchange Plaza (Metcalfe/Queen) was always free week-ends and may still be.

"Free weekend parking is available on weekends at City lots and on-street parking meters located within the downtown core. The downtown core is the area bounded in the east by the Rideau Canal and in the west by Bronson Avenue. The northern boundary is Wellington Street, while in the south the boundary is Catherine Street. Please check parking signs as time restrictions may apply."
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2006
3230 posts
144 upvotes
Free parking is not on all city lots, I believe only 2 are available. Check the website and they will tell you which ones.
Deal Addict
May 28, 2009
1243 posts
255 upvotes
Ottawa
ken_ll wrote:
Jun 29th, 2011 3:40 am
Free. Check signs as to time limit e.g. one - two hour max. Meters are gone for the most part and replaced by pay machines. Check the machine on the block for confirmation if in doubt. World Exchange Plaza (Metcalfe/Queen) was always free week-ends and may still be.

"Free weekend parking is available on weekends at City lots and on-street parking meters located within the downtown core. The downtown core is the area bounded in the east by the Rideau Canal and in the west by Bronson Avenue. The northern boundary is Wellington Street, while in the south the boundary is Catherine Street. Please check parking signs as time restrictions may apply."
world exchange plaza is still free on weekends. you enter through O.connor street. However i am not too sure about overnight parking.

most street parking are enforced 7am - 7pm so overnight should be free if there are no meters.

http://www.ottawakiosk.com/parking_maps.html
Deal Addict
Sep 25, 2005
3847 posts
287 upvotes
North York
I parked at the City Hall overnight last time and it was free, and even with security patrol!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2003
4694 posts
180 upvotes
WhatADeal! wrote:
Jun 29th, 2011 5:12 pm
I parked at the City Hall overnight last time and it was free, and even with security patrol!

Nice. Whereabouts is it exactly? Streets?
:eek:
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2004
7539 posts
375 upvotes
everylittlecent wrote:
Jun 29th, 2011 11:20 am
world exchange plaza is still free on weekends. you enter through O.connor street. However i am not too sure about overnight parking.

most street parking are enforced 7am - 7pm so overnight should be free if there are no meters.

http://www.ottawakiosk.com/parking_maps.html

World Exchange is no-overnight. I'm not sure how strict they are about enforcing. You can always just park on the street. Just read the signs.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2010
1540 posts
134 upvotes
Park on the streets. Its free after 7, so if its 3 hour parking, its free after 4. Sundays are also free.
How can an ant carry twenty times its body weight, but root beer floats are still delicious?
Jan 23, 2006
570 posts
17 upvotes
OP, did you find free *OVERNIGHT WEEKEND* parking in downtown Ottawa? I will be needing it soon.
Jan 23, 2006
570 posts
17 upvotes
I heard that overnight street parking is not very safe in downtown Ottawa. Is that still true?
sixteen12 wrote:
Jun 30th, 2011 6:45 pm
Park on the streets. Its free after 7, so if its 3 hour parking, its free after 4. Sundays are also free.
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
24879 posts
2466 upvotes
Ottawa
roger12 wrote:
May 11th, 2013 8:37 pm
OP, did you find free *OVERNIGHT WEEKEND* parking in downtown Ottawa? I will be needing it soon.
Where downtown? It is a fairly large area. Some areas have it and some do not.
It’s not how far you fall that counts. It’s how high you bounce that counts! General G Patton
Jan 23, 2006
570 posts
17 upvotes
Close to the Parliament hill area is preferred...
Pete_Coach wrote:
May 12th, 2013 12:32 pm
Where downtown? It is a fairly large area. Some areas have it and some do not.
The free city lots and World Exchange plaza do not seem to offer weekend overnight parking.
× < >