Cell Phones

Cheap place to replace Samsung S8 screen in GTA

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 10th, 2019 2:20 pm
Jan 24, 2008
817 posts
68 upvotes

Cheap place to replace Samsung S8 screen in GTA

This is the THIRD F)(@#%& time I break my screen in less than a year and a half. Never Samsung again, lol. And every time it had a cover as well.

The previous two times I fixed it at a Samsung authorized dealer, for around $300-$350. Don't want to do this anymore, as I'll likely be replacing the phone in 6 months or so.

Are there cheaper options out there in Toronto or in the GTA? I realize this means the quality of the screen is also cheaper and that the waterproofing may not be as good, but as long as it's functional, I'm OK with it. I just dont' want to have it fixed cheaply and then I press the screen to open an app and either the next one to it opens or it doesn't open at all.

Thanks
15 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
8976 posts
2827 upvotes
Might as well just do the sign up and cancel deal for the s9 if it still available. 305~ tax /fees in.
Jan 24, 2008
817 posts
68 upvotes
EPcjay wrote: Might as well just do the sign up and cancel deal for the s9 if it still available. 305~ tax /fees in.
I'm not getting a samsung with the edge anymore. Unbelievably flimsy. The first time it fell, the drop was just about a foot.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
8976 posts
2827 upvotes
I'm using a spigen case and dropped my S8 maybe 5 times when I had my phone in my lap in the car as I was getting out and nothing happened to me.

You're just bad luck
Last edited by EPcjay on Jan 10th, 2019 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Oct 7, 2010
15536 posts
5790 upvotes
Edge phones is not really for you. Nothing protect it well. Cover or not. Maybe with the all around case, otherwise it won't be safe.
Jan 24, 2008
817 posts
68 upvotes
spike1128 wrote: Edge phones is not really for you. Nothing protect it well. Cover or not. Maybe with the all around case, otherwise it won't be safe.
Which case is that?

And now I'm trying to figure out what my next phone should be. Battery and durability and camera are my priorities.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2018
1968 posts
1573 upvotes
510 represen'
eednapes wrote: I'm not getting a samsung with the edge anymore. Unbelievably flimsy. The first time it fell, the drop was just about a foot.
Sorry to hear about your phone but it's just bad luck unfortunately. I dropped my Note 9 from waist height and there wasn't even a scratch.
eednapes wrote: Which case is that?

And now I'm trying to figure out what my next phone should be. Battery and durability and camera are my priorities.
Probably an Otterbox or a Rhinoshield case.
Banned
Dec 8, 2007
2666 posts
2359 upvotes
EPcjay wrote: I'm using a spigen case and dropped my S8 maybe 5 times when I had my phone in my lap in the car and nothing happened to me.

You're just bad luck
At that measly height on to carpet or rubber mats, I'd expect it to survive all 8 times even without a case. Even if it slid into hard plastics such as a center console before falling on to carpet or rubber mats, I'd still expect it to survive all 8 times without a case.

The drops on to hard floors when standing or walking from pocket to face height are the ones that typically kill them.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
8976 posts
2827 upvotes
bombdiggity wrote: At that measly height on to carpet or rubber mats, I'd expect it to survive all 8 times even without a case. Even if it slid into hard plastics such as a center console before falling on to carpet or rubber mats, I'd still expect it to survive all 8 times without a case.

The drops on to hard floors when standing or walking from pocket to face height are the ones that typically kill them.
I dropped my phone on concrete as I was getting out.
Jan 24, 2008
817 posts
68 upvotes
EPcjay wrote: I dropped my phone on concrete as I was getting out.
I've dropped it on concrete too , from face-height. Nothing happened to it. THen the 1st time it cracked, it was about 2ft from my pocket. It's just random luck.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2009
1676 posts
1424 upvotes
Toronto
OLED curved screens are great until they break... be glad its not an iphone one lol.

I hope apple continues to make a LCD version of their phones in the future.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)