• Last Updated:
  • Nov 11th, 2018 4:53 pm
Tags:
Jul 24, 2018
369 posts
173 upvotes
Toronto

Cheap suit

I need to buy a suit .. is there any deal about that ? Or a cheap but good store ? Thanks
20 replies
Jul 24, 2018
369 posts
173 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks but i never use second hand used clothes... I just dont wanna pay more than 300$ ...
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2008
2162 posts
965 upvotes
Victoria
SeyitA35523 wrote: Thanks but i never use second hand used clothes... I just dont wanna pay more than 300$ ...
Why would you rather buy a very low quality new suit than a high quality one that has been worn before?
Jul 24, 2018
369 posts
173 upvotes
Toronto
I dont think so it is a place that u can find quality stuffs... Especially suits ... i ve never been there but i dont think so that i can find a suit there ...
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
38384 posts
12008 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
SeyitA35523 wrote: I dont think so it is a place that u can find quality stuffs... Especially suits ... i ve never been there but i dont think so that i can find a suit there ...
... yet you expect to find a quality suit for $300?

I would never recommend buying a cheap suit. You can spot these a mile away

Think of George Costanza when he bought the cheap suit for a job interview and it made that swishing sound.
Jul 24, 2018
369 posts
173 upvotes
Toronto
I cant pay more than 500 . It is not my wedding. Do u have a reccommend ?
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
4867 posts
2067 upvotes
Edmonton
SeyitA35523 wrote: I cant pay more than 500 . It is not my wedding. Do u have a reccommend ?
A good shirt and jeans
warming up the earth 1 gas fill-up at a time...
You only live once, get a v8
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
38384 posts
12008 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
SeyitA35523 wrote: I cant pay more than 500 . It is not my wedding. Do u have a reccommend ?
If you're at that age where all your friends will be getting married, it is worth the investment.

Only women have problems. They wear a dress, it gets posted on social media and they have to burn the dress because they can't be seen wearing the same dress twice.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 14, 2003
6675 posts
5466 upvotes
LaLaLand
Plus shoes, a belt and a tie.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
13811 posts
2516 upvotes
batcave wrote: Value Village
SeyitA35523 wrote: Thanks but i never use second hand used clothes... I just dont wanna pay more than 300$ ...
MaxPower19 wrote: Why would you rather buy a very low quality new suit than a high quality one that has been worn before?
I would like to know who here can attest to buying a quality suit from Value Village, whether it actually fit or whether alteration costs were needed, and whether it was in line with current styles or not.

I would say it is fine to visit Value Village if u have a lot of time to kill and r not needing a suit at any time in the near future.

Also note, a lot of those suits r from dead ppl.

So, my suggestion is to go to the Bay when they have those One Day sales featuring suits (after Bay Days is over) or go to an outlet mall.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 14, 2003
6675 posts
5466 upvotes
LaLaLand
Becks wrote: I would like to know who here can attest to buying a quality suit from Value Village, whether it actually fit or whether alteration costs were needed, and whether it was in line with current styles or not.
I have bought a suit from VV. It was just a normal blue suit. The jacket fit perfectly. But the pants had to be hemmed and that cost me about the same as I paid for the suit! Still under $50 total. Blue suits don't go out of style. I have worn it twice in five years.

Maybe I'll be buried in this suit. Astonished Face Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Last edited by batcave on Oct 31st, 2018 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27802 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Becks wrote: I would like to know who here can attest to buying a quality suit from Value Village, whether it actually fit or whether alteration costs were needed, and whether it was in line with current styles or not.

I would say it is fine to visit Value Village if u have a lot of time to kill and r not needing a suit at any time in the near future.

Also note, a lot of those suits r from dead ppl.

So, my suggestion is to go to the Bay when they have those One Day sales featuring suits (after Bay Days is over) or go to an outlet mall.
Lol, ya but they never wore them while they were dead
Unless VV has an “off the grid / underground” store none of us have heard of on the other side Winking Face

Business guy dies... has a closet full of perfectly good quality suits... what’s a family to do ... but donate them somewhere
Mind you my personal choice would not be VV ... as they are in it for themselves the money ... and not a non profit

PS... I agree with your suggestion of The Bay
My other thought is Moore’s which is part of the bigger US Chain known as Men’s Wearhouse
Very popular with young guys starting out wishing to save a few bucks
Deal Fanatic
Nov 14, 2003
6675 posts
5466 upvotes
LaLaLand
PointsHubby wrote: Business guy dies... has a closet full of perfectly good quality suits... what’s a family to do ... but donate them somewhere
Mind you my personal choice would not be VV ... as they are in it for themselves the money ... and not a non profit
... or retire. I retired several years ago and donated a dozen suits and countless shirts to them. I can afford to buy a new suit but it was cheaper to buy my old suit back from them. Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2014
2321 posts
1106 upvotes
Alberta
SeyitA35523 wrote: I dont think so it is a place that u can find quality stuffs... Especially suits ... i ve never been there but i dont think so that i can find a suit there ...
That is incorrect, at consignment stores or value village you can find some high end brands for cheap. I once saw a Kiton tie there that usually goes for 300+ dollars for under $20.

If you need something very soon, check out Moores, or even Tip top tailors. Tip Top's house brand "Bellissimo" is pretty good quality and the fit is nice.

If you have time, and want to go for a cheap suit you might as well get one that fits nicely, there are a lot of online "made to measure" companies that make suits. However it may take some time to arrive.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2002
2712 posts
678 upvotes
Burlington
+1 for VV. I've purchased several suits/jackets from VV, goodwill etc. Zegna, Canali, Boss, RG...even got a gucci for $30. Many look like they've never been worn (or maybe once to the funeral). $50 alterations, and you've got a very decent suit for <$100.
Lots of Hunt club and other junk to sort through tho.
No one has to know where you bought it.
Not your standard VoIP. Different and novel options & advice for my RFD friends.
May 4, 2008
518 posts
372 upvotes
Toronto
Spier and Mackay on sale or J. Crew on sale, or if you can up your budget a bit, Suit Supply.

They're half-canvassed suits with nice wool (J. Crew ones are Italian wool). I wear suits often and never spent more than $400 on a suit.

Edit - I guess it wasn't nice to not include links, so here - https://www.spierandmackay.com/shop/all-sale/suits.html for Spier and Mackay and here - https://www.jcrew.com/r/search?N=16+100 ... =1&Nrpp=60 for J. Crew.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)