• Last Updated:
  • Mar 20th, 2017 2:56 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2008
4045 posts
26 upvotes

Cheap Weekend Dim Sum

I am looking for cheap weekend dim sum options in Scarborough/Markham/North York (east) area. Happy to arrive early if there's early bird discounts. Any good recommendation?
37 replies
Nov 13, 2007
776 posts
61 upvotes
Toronto
perfect restaurant. On Shepard, west of Brimley.

They have cheap dim Sum. Food are decent.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
16997 posts
2901 upvotes
Toronto
+1

Brimely & Shepard

http://perfectchineserestaurant.com/pro ... y/dim-sum/

Not the cheapest of the cheapest .. but it is okay because of a few more varieties than others.

Do ask if you can sit near the kitchen entrance as the dim sum comes out in carts form. You will see people simply rush into them with their tickets once they see the carts come out ... it is the survival of the fittest. "You snooze, you lose". For weekends, if you go before 9am, then you may not need to wait for table, otherwise, the madness starts around 10am.

I really don't like to go there because it is so crazy but my parents sometimes want to go there because of the varieties.
Mar 19, 2015
583 posts
106 upvotes
Canada
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2008
4045 posts
26 upvotes
How much is each dish at perfect restaurant? any early bird special?
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
3176 posts
311 upvotes
Richmond Hill
If you like me, i will like you back, on this forum
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
16997 posts
2901 upvotes
Toronto
Perfect restaurant has just raised their prices too
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
16997 posts
2901 upvotes
Toronto
Pochacco wrote:
Jan 8th, 2017 3:14 pm
By how much?
My parents said it is now $2.20 for small .. it was $1.80 or $2 before ?? I cannot confirm. When I went with my parents about 2 weeks ago, I did not pay too much attention to prices, I ate and I paid and out of there.
Nov 20, 2010
941 posts
197 upvotes
Was doing some early grocery shopping this morning at T&T downtown store. I had dim sum there and they have most of the stuff found in restaurant menus. A dim sum "set" starts at $2.99 to $4.99 and comes with a free congee before 11am. After 11am the congee is not included with your dim sum food.

I don't find it cheap at all, so I order sets which cost $3.99 or less one at at time so they only charge the 5% tax. For my stomach to actually feel satisfied and full, I usually have to order 1 dim sum "set" eat it and then get back in line and order my second set. Don't ask me why, but that is just what T&T call their dim sum food "sets". 2 sets will usually cost me a total of $6.28 (have to order separately) for my whole dim sum meal if I'm eating by myself. You don't have to tip because the dim sum is served in a fast food environment in the store without wait staff.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
6604 posts
311 upvotes
The price has really risen in the past few years. I rarely go to dim sum, just too expensive.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
35334 posts
1795 upvotes
Toronto
Kennedy and finch! Its next to the now defunct 'steam house'.
I forgot what its called... but the food is cheap.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel