Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
The Source

Cheaper battery for Toshiba N305 netbook

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 13th, 2010 12:55 am
Tags:
None
Sep 21, 2003
865 posts
48 upvotes

[The Source] Cheaper battery for Toshiba N305 netbook

For all of those people who got in on the $199. Toshiba N305 netbook deal from the Source a while ago, Toshiba has spare 6 cell batteries for it here. Not a huge bargain but you save 20 bucks, and you get real a Toshiba battery pack. I have only had bad luck with replacement laptop batteries from generic battery suppliers.
May 14, 2008
41890 posts
1783 upvotes
Canada
jande9 wrote: For all of those people who got in on the $199. Toshiba N305 netbook deal from the Source a while ago, Toshiba has spare 6 cell batteries for it here. Not a huge bargain but you save 20 bucks, and you get real a Toshiba battery pack. I have only had bad luck with replacement laptop batteries from generic battery suppliers.

Not bad, but a 2nd N305 for $199 would arguably be a better deal. It's pretty slow, but the runtime is amazing.
Somebody removed my sig for no reason, without even telling me.
Sep 16, 2008
180 posts
8 upvotes
Tornado F2 wrote: Not bad, but a 2nd N305 for $199 would arguably be a better deal.
You lost me on that one, this is about batteries, not about better deals for other products.
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2002
1551 posts
331 upvotes
Vancouver
jdonner wrote: You lost me on that one, this is about batteries, not about better deals for other products.

He is trying to say buying a second laptop with a new battery is arguably better... I guess you would have a set of spare parts incase something fails.
-----------------------------
Oh RFD!!! You've Broken my wallet.... :(
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41890 posts
1783 upvotes
Canada
Art wrote: He is trying to say buying a second laptop with a new battery is arguably better... I guess you would have a set of spare parts incase something fails.

Yes, that's what I was saying. Instead of paying whatever price this is, ($69), plus shipping presumably, you could have got the same battery, plus a 2nd netbook, either for a spare or for a 2nd user, for a total of $200 + tax. I only bought the one netbook myself, as I have no need for a 2nd unit, but given the initial purchase price I think I'd wait for the battery price to drop to around $50, or until I actually needed a replacement. With such a long runtime you don't really need a 2nd battery until the 1st one dies completely and needs permanent replacement.
Somebody removed my sig for no reason, without even telling me.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2009
16955 posts
1538 upvotes
scarberia
im hoping for a 50/battery as well, this toshiba nb305 is pretty good on 2gb ram and readyboost windows 7

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)