• Last Updated:
  • Jun 18th, 2016 2:20 pm
Tags:
None
Dec 12, 2009
756 posts
55 upvotes
Nova Scotia
I am paying $630/yr for full comprehensive/$2,000,000 liability/accident forgiveness/etc. 2014 Crosstrek.

Luckily, though, I live in rural N.S. I couldn't imagine paying what you guys in Ontario pay. It's ridiculous.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2006
1871 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto
Dark0rb wrote:
Dec 13th, 2013 10:23 am
I am paying $630/yr for full comprehensive/$2,000,000 liability/accident forgiveness/etc. 2014 Crosstrek.

Luckily, though, I live in rural N.S. I couldn't imagine paying what you guys in Ontario pay. It's ridiculous.
It's posts like these that make me want to curl up and cry.
SCAMMER THREADS SCAMMER GOT PWNED
Nov 6, 2012
61 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
I understand this thread is old but I found it through google and alot of other people do as well and would like to put my 2 cents in to help those.

Best way to find great insurance rates:

1) First find out if your company offers group insurance. If so then call them otherwise follow steps below.

2) Online at cheap car insurance or Kanetix or Insurance Hotline fill in your details to compare the quotes from multiple companies. Both cheap car insurance and insurance hotline are owned by kanetix.

3) Note down the quotes and rates for the 3 lowest quotes.

4) Note down what you would like for insurance coverage, liability, full or partial, multiple drivers.

5) Call the 3 companies you noted down and get a quote over the phone with multiple options and with removing some options.

6) Decide if the coverage is manageable for you and if not then look at another vehicle or another model of the car.

7) Sedans and newer vehicles are generally cheaper. You can also view the How Cars Measure Up - 2000-2012 Model Years PDF

8) It is decision time and remember it is cheaper to get car and home insurance together. Several times my car and home insurance rate were cheaper then just the car insurance.

More information can be found at Insurance Bureau of Canada website.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2011
2118 posts
261 upvotes
Toronto
Good information Baloch. I have would however suggest checking out both #1 and #2 on an annual basis even if you do currently have insurance by a group provider through work. The group insurance is not always the cheapest option and its wise just to know what current rates are for your situation in any case.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2007
3901 posts
1594 upvotes
Toronto
Dark0rb wrote:
Dec 13th, 2013 10:23 am

Times that by 3 and that should be the norm price in GTA and times 2 for other areas like Ottawa. Doubt anyone pays under $1000 in Ontario.
Banned
Oct 17, 2013
2337 posts
461 upvotes
T.O.
peteryorkuca wrote:
Jun 14th, 2014 10:54 pm
Times that by 3 and that should be the norm price in GTA and times 2 for other areas like Ottawa. Doubt anyone pays under $1000 in Ontario.
A buddy of mine in his 50s pays around $900 a year to insure his 1997 Trans Sport Montana and lives in the Etobicoke/Mississauga area.
Oct 23, 2011
367 posts
501 upvotes
Kirkland, QC
I have a 04 Hyundai Accent and I am paying $14/month for liability. Yes I live in Quebec but even here that is cheap for insurance
Jun 17, 2016
6 posts
jason9945 wrote:
Jan 1st, 2013 4:38 pm
Where the hell do you see all these safe slow minivans? I see Toyota Sienna & Honda Odyssey drivers driving like jackasses all the time. It's so common I make sure to give them lots of space since I know they'll do something stupid.
I can confirm this. Personally I call it Minivan Syndrome. Always cutting people off, passing in unnecessary situations (passing me while I'm doing 120 in a 90). There is something wrong with many of the people who drive minivans I've noticed.