Tags:
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
7370 posts
922 upvotes
Toronto

cheapest door-to-door to YYZ?

Going from my home to Toronto Pearson (and vice versa), what's your best transport mode w/ cheapest price? Do I have to make reservations in advance? Thanks!
36 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 8, 2008
3617 posts
1061 upvotes
Toronto
Depends on where you live. The cheapest would be hopping on the TTC or take the UP Express. You can also do Uber, Taxi, or an Airport Limo Service. Finally you can drive and park there.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2002
7104 posts
430 upvotes
Toronto
Super vague question you don't even tell us what area your coming from. If traffic isn't going to be an issue probably uber to the airport. You can estimate the uber fare in the app.

Or you can use flat rate service like aerofleet.ca

Leaving the airport is a bit more tricky. It's regulated fares from the airport check Torontopearson.com for fare zones. Uber works from the airport but it's a more expensive version. Work around is to take the free inter terminal train to viscount station and order an uber to the "alt hotel"
Did I post something that interests you? Feel free to PM further questions.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
7370 posts
922 upvotes
Toronto
Hi, here are more details: I live in Swansea and definitely will not park-n-fly; prefer door-to-door, so no trains; I don't have data or plan to dl the uber app, so am probably looking for something I can reserve ahead of time like a limo service...I assume will be cheaper than taking a taxi on the spot? Thanks!
Mar 29, 2006
392 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
We would also like to know what options are available for people living in Markham. We are at Highway 7 and Warden area. Thanks so much.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 12, 2003
7797 posts
911 upvotes
Markham
Ask friends or family members to drive to airport?
Buy them a souvenir or treat them a dinner in return.
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
7370 posts
922 upvotes
Toronto
MP3_SKY wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 2:23 pm
Ask friends or family members to drive to airport?
Buy them a souvenir or treat them a dinner in return.
Not convenient, unfortunately.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 12, 2003
7797 posts
911 upvotes
Markham
No friend or anyone you know can give you a ride,
No Data plan, no uber
Door to door only, no public transportation.
No walking.

Unless there is some private driver taking people to airport at your area, this will be your only chance other than calling a CAB.
Even that, it won't be cheap.
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
7370 posts
922 upvotes
Toronto
MP3_SKY wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 2:35 pm
No Data plan, no uber
No walking.

Unless there is some private driver taking people to airport at your area, this will be your only chance other than calling a CAB.
Even that, it won't be cheap.
Ya, I think I'm limited in choices, probably taxi or limo. Looking at the link GangStarr provided, it's about $40 one-way, guess that's decent...can you guys find cheaper or pretty much this is mkt rate?
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4518 posts
494 upvotes
Reserve an uber ride in the same manner you posted on here. Uber works on wifi
"Talent gets you in the door. Character keeps you in the room."
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2009
1396 posts
270 upvotes
MP3_SKY wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 2:35 pm
No Data plan, no uber
No walking.
He wants champagne on a beer budget - lol. OP needs to consider hitchhiking? It's very cost effective and very 1950's.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
7370 posts
922 upvotes
Toronto
smokescreen15 wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 3:07 pm
He wants champagne on a beer budget - lol. OP needs to consider hitchhiking? It's very cost effective and very 1950's.
No I don't, just cheapest *door2door* option, not cheapest, period. Don't quit your day job either.

Anyway, for srs posters (not wannabe jokers), I understand it should be $40max 1-way, so wondering if you guys found something better. Right now, $37 seems to be it (limo).