• Last Updated:
  • Nov 17th, 2017 11:33 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2005
4577 posts
150 upvotes
Ottawa
If you’re up for it, there are usually folks who offer rides on kijiji. It would be cheaper than Uber.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
7361 posts
920 upvotes
Toronto
jeeva86 wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 4:26 pm
If you’re up for it, there are usually folks who offer rides on kijiji. It would be cheaper than Uber.
I'm not up for it, you know how potentially flaky kijiji ppl are, so not gonna risk missing my flight if someone flakes out.

Uber is competitive but is at least $40 from the airport, so I probably wanna avoid that since I can't be bothered to dl and use the app.
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2005
4577 posts
150 upvotes
Ottawa
tranquility922 wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 4:30 pm
I'm not up for it, you know how potentially flaky kijiji ppl are, so not gonna risk missing my flight if someone flakes out.

Uber is competitive but is at least $40 from the airport, so I probably wanna avoid that since I can't be bothered to dl and use the app.
Post in BST asking someone from here to hook up a ride?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
7361 posts
920 upvotes
Toronto
jeeva86 wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 4:42 pm
Post in BST asking someone from here to hook up a ride?
I'm not that adventurous so want a legit business.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 12, 2003
7797 posts
911 upvotes
Markham
$40 is reasonable. Markham to YZZ cost more than double than $40.
I'm not sure how cheap you want it to be for a legit business to come get you at your door then drop you at the terminal on time.
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2002
7104 posts
428 upvotes
Toronto
tranquility922 wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 3:16 pm
No I don't, just cheapest *door2door* option, not cheapest, period. Don't quit your day job either.

Anyway, for srs posters (not wannabe jokers), I understand it should be $40max 1-way, so wondering if you guys found something better. Right now, $37 seems to be it (limo).
I just tried a random address 5 windermere to Pearson and it's $27 with UberX, get a friend to refer you and I think you can $10 off your first ride. It really isn't a hassle.

At $40 you might do better in just a random cab, call beck taxi and ask them for a flat rate. Might be a touch cheaper then aerofleet.ca

I know you mentioned door to door, but if you are anywhere near the subway, a subway ride + the express bus to the airport is really not bad man. Some pretty juicy savings.

Here are the fixed prices FROM the airport, regulated, just choose limo or taxi, with taxi being cheaper.

https://torontopearson.com/uploadedFile ... 122017.pdf
Did I post something that interests you? Feel free to PM further questions.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2009
1396 posts
270 upvotes
I'm ignorant as hell. I thought Swansea was some far off destination. You are literally 10 blocks from Jane station. Just Uber it there and get to Kipling to take the TTC Rocket to the airport. The total fare should be under $10 lol.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
7361 posts
920 upvotes
Toronto
smokescreen15 wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 11:07 pm
I'm ignorant as hell. I thought Swansea was some far off destination. You are literally 10 blocks from Jane station. Just Uber it there and get to Kipling to take the TTC Rocket to the airport. The total fare should be under $10 lol.
Good idea but I'm lugging luggage, so that's too taxing for me :D Literally need dr2dr. I guess I'm looking at ~$40x2.

Yes, I'm not a true RFDer, I admit it lol.

Btw, the TTC's connected to the airport train or something? I'm totally ignorant there/
Deal Addict
Jun 8, 2008
3616 posts
1058 upvotes
Toronto
tranquility922 wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 11:30 pm
Good idea but I'm lugging luggage, so that's too taxing for me :D Literally need dr2dr. I guess I'm looking at ~$40x2.
Btw, the TTC's connected to the airport train or something? I'm totally ignorant there/
You take the subway to Kipling and then switch to a bus. There are luggage racks on the bus. The TTC buses drop off in front of each of the terminals, same as where you would get dropped off by friends.
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2007
1112 posts
85 upvotes
Markham
totravel wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 1:16 pm
We would also like to know what options are available for people living in Markham. We are at Highway 7 and Warden area. Thanks so much.
I've found that when going to Pearson I will either choose an Uber if its at a decent time of the day. Usually, you can play with the app and try entering Pearson Airport vs Terminal 3 Pearson Airport as it gives different prices.

I also found Aeroport Taxi to be pretty decent. I think $59 from that area.
Journey of a Foodie: The Search For Culinary Excellence.

Recently Reviewed: Ambiyan delivers on an Indian Experience
Recently Reviewed: Tiny Tom Donuts Markham Store
New Post: A ranking of poulet rotis in Paris Part Deux
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2007
2085 posts
327 upvotes
take the 77 to runnymede station and connect to UPX at Dundas West.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
7361 posts
920 upvotes
Toronto
mathiewannabe wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 10:15 am
Lol at op's replies.
Lost few brain cells.
Where exactly? I'm pretty sure there's a great chance my # of brain cells is higher than yours lol.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
4100 posts
1344 upvotes
tranquility922 wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 7:14 pm
Where exactly? I'm pretty sure there's a great chance my # of brain cells is higher than yours lol.
Congratulations. Don't quit your day job.