Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2003
1438 posts
77 upvotes

cheapest grocery store in downtown toronto

Hi,

where is the cheapest grocery store in the toronto downtown like near sick kids?

thanks
[removed]
7 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2006
3141 posts
1321 upvotes
Toronto
there's only dominion at college & yonge, 24 hours, unless you want to go to chinatown
Deal Fanatic
Mar 24, 2004
5275 posts
1435 upvotes
Toronto
I wouldn't say Dominion as the cheapest grocery store though.
Walk towards Yonge on Gerrard, I am sure you can find something.
h2o- a.k.a. 阿水 (Ah Sui)

Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2007
1804 posts
348 upvotes
GTA
there is a new sobeys at front and princess.. but its $$$$$
Feb 23, 2005
229 posts
5 upvotes
It's roughly the same distance east or west to the near grocery store, so your best option is chinatown heading west along dundas st a block past the AGO. It is the cheapest, even beating no frills.

Kensington Market - TOTAL RIPOFF. People love the "atmosphere" but prices vary widly and most are much more expensive than NO FRILLS. The product is the same. They don't get the A-stuff like Sobeys or Dominion.

EXCEPTION: European Meats in Kensington Market. It is the only place you should buy meat in the area. It's cheaper in Chinatown, but I know a few blue collar Chinese residents in the area who won't touch meat in Chinatown with a ten foot pole.

For A-grade: The Dominion at Merchandise Lofts one block north of dundas on church. Bigger and better than the one at College Park.
Dec 7, 2007
25 posts
I agree!
Chinatown meat is absolutely disgusting in my opinion. I prob will never going to touch it even it's selling at dirt cheap prices. If I was there I will only buy their veggies cuz they pretty much have the cheapest prices around town
For meats:
Well Dominion has fairly nice meats in general, but it really depends on location. The one on college square is a no go cuz there