Computers & Electronics

Cheapest High Speed Internet Provider in Canada

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 29th, 2016 8:09 pm
Dec 30, 2009
1 posts
Program
How does it work?

Each referrals equals: One free month of service.

10 referrals equals: Free service for as long you remain a customer of Acanac Inc. More Info
Jan 21, 2010
1 posts
toronto
AcanacInc wrote: The monthly price does include tax and unlimited bandwidth. I can't speak for every client, but Acanac did not become one of the largest DSL providers in Canada if clients were not ordering. Again we are not for everyone, but we do offer a choice.

Best Regards,
Paul
www.acanac.ca
Hi Paul,
I am interested for internet and home phone with acanc. I want to know that I can keep my existing number. My postal code is L3S 4S9. What is the rate after 1 year contrat.
Dec 31, 1969
I was assigned here by Paul to assist. Acanac cannot
port numbers to voip; you will be assigned a new voip number.
To check estimated speeds for your home, please send a pm
with your full address. The discounted promo rate goes back to
the regular term rates ie. $18.95 month becomes $33.95 month
on a year term on renewal.

Refer to dsl term rates http://www.acanac.ca/DSL.html

Imelda O. Suzara
Acanac Rep
kirtibshah wrote: Hi Paul,
I am interested for internet and home phone with acanc. I want to know that I can keep my existing number. My postal code is L3S 4S9. What is the rate after 1 year contrat.
Feb 27, 2007
723 posts
11 upvotes
Mississauga
Imelda_Acanac wrote: Here is the webpage link with more info
http://www.acanac.ca/Referral.htm .

Imelda O. Suzara
Acanac Rep
That is the old site link. The new site link can be found at http://acanac.ca/Referral-Program.html

Acanac also just lunched an MLPPP Test Trial. We encourage existing clients to test out the service. It will help us better prepare for the official launch in the near future. For more information please visit the following URL.
https://community.acanac.com/acanac/vie ... 23&t=14183
Dec 31, 1969
So is the cheapest still Acanac? I think not, 18.95 is just the promo cost, after that you have to pay yearly at 39.95 per month.
Jul 2, 2009
103 posts
130 upvotes
Toronto
Acanac is still the cheapest but only for the first year. If you want to save the most money you should buy Acanac for 1 year then switch to teksavvy.

Currently it is no longer $18.95 a month rather it is $24.95 a month.

However this offer is only available once per address. If you are a land owner like me and you have a tenant move in with Acanac you can no longer have the $25 ($25 per month paying a year) promo and have to pay $33 dollars ($33 per month) instead making teksavvy the cheaper choice.

Also iirc Acanac has absolutely terrible service. I've had to wait 30 minutes on the phone waiting for a technical support representative. Also when I asked to speak to the manager the operator just hung up on me, probably not wanting me to report his terrible service to his manager.

I've had bad experiences with Acanac and they don't really give very good customer support on the phone and at their Lansdown location.
Dec 25, 2009
333 posts
21 upvotes
Victoria BC
Telus $6.00 a month for one year...... Peter
Dec 31, 1969
Phone techs and reps answer phones in sequence.
Waiting time limit is 1 hour and call disconnects.
Staff try to solve problem but if customer asks for
manager they transfer it if one is available, since
staff are not allowed to hang up on customers.

Imelda O. Suzara
Acanac Rep
CaptainSnake wrote: Acanac is still the cheapest but only for the first year. If you want to save the most money you should buy Acanac for 1 year then switch to teksavvy.

Currently it is no longer $18.95 a month rather it is $24.95 a month.

However this offer is only available once per address. If you are a land owner like me and you have a tenant move in with Acanac you can no longer have the $25 ($25 per month paying a year) promo and have to pay $33 dollars ($33 per month) instead making teksavvy the cheaper choice.

Also iirc Acanac has absolutely terrible service. I've had to wait 30 minutes on the phone waiting for a technical support representative. Also when I asked to speak to the manager the operator just hung up on me, probably not wanting me to report his terrible service to his manager.

I've had bad experiences with Acanac and they don't really give very good customer support on the phone and at their Lansdown location.
Deal Guru
Oct 16, 2008
11312 posts
5494 upvotes
Vaughan
Imelda_Acanac wrote: Phone techs and reps answer phones in sequence.

Imelda O. Suzara
Acanac Rep
How many people Acanac has to answer the phone? If Acanac outsources their technical support and customer service overseas then Acanac can afford 20 folds. No warranty it improves your services though, just look at Bell and Dell. Just j/k.
Dec 31, 1969
Our phone line is open Monday to Friday from
9am to 12 midnight with day and night shifts
and phone staff are in Canada, not outsourced.
With call volume of 1000+ calls per shift, number
of staff, for sales/tech support/customer service
during the peak of shifts overlap mid-afternoon, are
from 22 to 34. Time spent per call depends on issue.
Calculate 1000 divide by 22 or 34 equals 29 to 45 calls pp.
I chatted with our General Sales Manager about this
and hiring more staff, she replied,'they are in the works...
Acanac is a growing company...'

Imelda O. Suzara
Acanac Rep
teoconca wrote: How many people Acanac has to answer the phone? If Acanac outsources their technical support and customer service overseas then Acanac can afford 20 folds. No warranty it improves your services though, just look at Bell and Dell. Just j/k.
Nov 16, 2006
211 posts
48 upvotes
Anyone considering Teksavvy? they just posted over on another forum that
they are increasing prices 2$ per month on the "Premium Internet package with 200gb", its going from 29.95 to 31.95

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r243051 ... ater-today

So they just became more expensive! I wonder how people on group buys are going to react or did they already stop that stuff?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 28, 2005
6464 posts
458 upvotes
Scarborough
looks like 99% of the people on that board are ok with the increase. That's what happens when you provide good customer service, people are willing to pay more to stay with them :)
madhater wrote: Anyone considering Teksavvy? they just posted over on another forum that
they are increasing prices 2$ per month on the "Premium Internet package with 200gb", its going from 29.95 to 31.95

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r243051 ... ater-today

So they just became more expensive! I wonder how people on group buys are going to react or did they already stop that stuff?
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2007
15169 posts
2742 upvotes
Imelda_Acanac wrote: Phone techs and reps answer phones in sequence.

Imelda O. Suzara
Acanac Rep
hahaha, that's a new one. In the last month I've called three times to complain, and I've been hung up twice.No it was under one hour and both times, it was an official "hang-up". methinks something smells rotten Paul. I think I've given you a lot of business to be treated like that..TS here we come. Thanks for your 'wonderful' service.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2007
5327 posts
3050 upvotes
Scarborough
madhater wrote: So they just became more expensive! I wonder how people on group buys are going to react or did they already stop that stuff?
While I'm not ecstatic about the price increase, it isn't a lot more to ask for exceptional service and support. Plus, the extra money is going towards a good cause in getting away from their reliance on Bell so we'll hopefully see better speeds and caps in the future once TSI sets up their own CO-based services.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2007
15169 posts
2742 upvotes
it is a known fact that if you offer the people a great product and service, most of them are prepared to pay additional money to keep that level of business. Once the customer leaves, it's very expensive to try to get them back.
Oct 31, 2002
280 posts
16 upvotes
can customers sign up for 1 month to test the service, then switch to the 1 yr plan? that is, no extra fees to do the switch from monthly to the 1 yr plan?
Dec 31, 1969
Yes you can start with a month trial
and pay the regular month term price
then upgrade to year. Call 1 866 281 3538
x1 Sales for accurate price with taxes.

Imelda O. Suzara
Acanac Rep
pigeontology wrote: can customers sign up for 1 month to test the service, then switch to the 1 yr plan? that is, no extra fees to do the switch from monthly to the 1 yr plan?
Jul 2, 2009
103 posts
130 upvotes
Toronto
Don't buy from Acanac. I've had a horrible experience with them and no one here should fall in their trap. The 1 year offer is only available once per address meaning once you purchase 1 year you cannot have the same offer again. The 1 year plan is then $10 more expensive each month making it equal if not more expensive than purchasing Tek Savvy but you will have a 1 year commitment. You end up paying more to continuing purchasing Acanac than you would buying Tek Savvy.

You will not get compensation for any down time that happened during your purchase if your account is closed. They also do not close your account on the day after your term ends. Rather they close it at 1pm on the date its scheduled to end this way customers do not get the full time for their money. A way of preserving bandwidth and saving money probably.

Also Acanac still has absolutely terrible customer service. When I was angry with Acanac because my service was cut early and I did not receive compensation; I tried to call customer service but there is no customer service department to talk to. The only way to contact customer service is through email and it really doesn't help because they are my ISP and they cut me off early so I can't email customer support.

It is impossible to show emotion through text. Acanac cannot understand how the customer feels if he or she is communicating through text. The only time I have actually talked to someone from customer service is when I canceled my order. When you cancel your account/order they will have someone call you to prevent you from canceling. The man that called me offered me one week compensation but it was already one week that Acanac owed me since they delayed my start up service by charging me early and not having the service up for 5 business days later and not giving me the time lost when I was purchasing Acanac on my old account.

Tek Savvy on the other hand actually has a customer service department that you can talk to if you are not satisfied with the service. In my experience Acanac does not care about their customers. They use the 1-year promo to reel in customers and then they milk the money cow after that one year. In fact Acanac is just as bad as Rogers and Bell in the quality of service and price. At least Rogers and Bell have a customer service department you can talk to.

tl;dr
Acanac has terrible customer service.
Banned
Sep 6, 2007
631 posts
16 upvotes
CaptainSnake wrote: Don't buy from Acanac. I've had a horrible experience with them and no one here should fall in their trap. The 1 year offer is only available once per address meaning once you purchase 1 year you cannot have the same offer again. The 1 year plan is then $10 more expensive each month making it equal if not more expensive than purchasing Tek Savvy but you will have a 1 year commitment. You end up paying more to continuing purchasing Acanac than you would buying Tek Savvy.

You will not get compensation for any down time that happened during your purchase if your account is closed. They also do not close your account on the day after your term ends. Rather they close it at 1pm on the date its scheduled to end this way customers do not get the full time for their money. A way of preserving bandwidth and saving money probably.

Also Acanac still has absolutely terrible customer service. When I was angry with Acanac because my service was cut early and I did not receive compensation; I tried to call customer service but there is no customer service department to talk to. The only way to contact customer service is through email and it really doesn't help because they are my ISP and they cut me off early so I can't email customer support.

It is impossible to show emotion through text. Acanac cannot understand how the customer feels if he or she is communicating through text. The only time I have actually talked to someone from customer service is when I canceled my order. When you cancel your account/order they will have someone call you to prevent you from canceling. The man that called me offered me one week compensation but it was already one week that Acanac owed me since they delayed my start up service by charging me early and not having the service up for 5 business days later and not giving me the time lost when I was purchasing Acanac on my old account.

Tek Savvy on the other hand actually has a customer service department that you can talk to if you are not satisfied with the service. In my experience Acanac does not care about their customers. They use the 1-year promo to reel in customers and then they milk the money cow after that one year. In fact Acanac is just as bad as Rogers and Bell in the quality of service and price. At least Rogers and Bell have a customer service department you can talk to.

tl;dr
Acanac has terrible customer service.
I see a lot of ******** in your post.
Acanac for a year is $25/month, and then it goes to $40/monthly after a year. That is the exact same as Teksavvy - $40/month for unlimited service. What you do get extra with Acanac is a free SSH tunnel for torrents to beat Bell's throttling (Teksavvy charges $4/month for MLPPP), 100GB FTP storage, and a free VPN which is just awesome. If you refer someone to use Acanac, you get a month free. Does Teksavvy offer any of those things?

About customer service... Bell was screwing with my line for three weeks and putting me on a 3mbps line three times (could happen if you're on Teksavvy or Acanac), so I called Acanac's customer service. I had to wait a while but after I got through, it was smooth sailing. The guy spoke perfect English, apologized for the issues and added a free month of service.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)