Food & Drink

Cheapest place for bulk chicken breast/meat in Toronto?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 17th, 2017 6:57 pm
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
16523 posts
1598 upvotes
GTA West
Wait for the sale on frozen chicken breast at M&M Food Market. Also get a free M&M Max card for additional discounts.
- Not Collecting AIR MILES Since 2016/07 -
- Casual Gastronomist -
Deal Guru
Dec 4, 2010
14043 posts
960 upvotes
kool1 wrote:
Sep 21st, 2016 9:34 am
No Frills quite often have big bags of frozen for cheap.
I know these do not garner positive opinions here hut I gave them another try this week. A whole bag of maybe 5 or 6 breath was around $6. It is better than the crap they sell at fast food places. If you remember cbc market place did a thing with gadt food chicken and most of then are only 50% chicken while the rest is fillers.

Anyeay if you mix in the right spices the chicken s are quite passable.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2004
1794 posts
159 upvotes
Mississauga
Supercooled wrote:
Mar 15th, 2017 2:51 am
I know these do not garner positive opinions here hut I gave them another try this week. A whole bag of maybe 5 or 6 breath was around $6. It is better than the crap they sell at fast food places. If you remember cbc market place did a thing with gadt food chicken and most of then are only 50% chicken while the rest is fillers.

Anyeay if you mix in the right spices the chicken s are quite passable.
And why would you not buy a whole fresh chicken and have a bit of each cut of meat for REAL cheap?
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
35464 posts
1850 upvotes
Toronto
cRaZyRaVr wrote:
Mar 15th, 2017 9:33 am
And why would you not buy a whole fresh chicken and have a bit of each cut of meat for REAL cheap?
Some people just like the breast... plain boneless with no skin. Its actually one of the most popular ways to enjoy chicken.
Deal Guru
Dec 4, 2010
14043 posts
960 upvotes
UrbanPoet wrote:
Mar 15th, 2017 6:52 pm
Some people just like the breast... plain boneless with no skin. Its actually one of the most popular ways to enjoy chicken.
Why does that sound strange to me. Apart from the meaty breasts which is very versatile the wing I'd probably up there in popularity as well.
Deal Guru
Dec 4, 2010
14043 posts
960 upvotes
cRaZyRaVr wrote:
Mar 15th, 2017 9:33 am
Cheaper than $5-6? I don't think so
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2004
1794 posts
159 upvotes
Mississauga
UrbanPoet wrote:
Mar 15th, 2017 6:52 pm
No one and I repeat no one, likes plain chicken breast. Drenched in sauces yes, plain however not a chance. People go for the breast because its lean and "supposed" to be healthy for you.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
35464 posts
1850 upvotes
Toronto
cRaZyRaVr wrote:
Mar 16th, 2017 9:44 am
No one and I repeat no one, likes plain chicken breast. Drenched in sauces yes, plain however not a chance. People go for the breast because its lean and "supposed" to be healthy for you.
You totally missed what i was saying. Well its there and youre free to reread if you like.
You took it way to literally... almost as if i was suggesting to eat it raw... lol

But white meat is prefered by the over whelming majority of canada. Feel free to consult any studies on the agriculture industry to find out why.

People go for white meat bc they percieve it to taste better. Remember outside of vancouver montreal toronto, canada is 99% white... they grew up eating chicken this way and it sticks.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
6359 posts
576 upvotes
Toronto
Take the St Clair West Street West to the last stop at Gunns road.
A St Helen Meatpackers etc in that area and they sell to the public.
Buy then hop on back Street car or 71 Runnymede bus back to subway.:)
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2004
1794 posts
159 upvotes
Mississauga
UrbanPoet wrote:
Mar 16th, 2017 12:53 pm
You totally missed what i was saying. Well its there and youre free to reread if you like.
You took it way to literally... almost as if i was suggesting to eat it raw... lol

But white meat is prefered by the over whelming majority of canada. Feel free to consult any studies on the agriculture industry to find out why.

People go for white meat bc they percieve it to taste better. Remember outside of vancouver montreal toronto, canada is 99% white... they grew up eating chicken this way and it sticks.
This I agree with, also for some reason people got it to their heads that that its the healthiest and source of lean protein, completely forgetting about pork which is much better tasting, cooks easier and ohhhh God so much cheaper ;)
Deal Guru
Dec 4, 2010
14043 posts
960 upvotes
cRaZyRaVr wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 9:37 am
This I agree with, also for some reason people got it to their heads that that its the healthiest and source of lean protein, completely forgetting about pork which is much better tasting, cooks easier and ohhhh God so much cheaper ;)
Pork has better protein yields? Yeah I didn't know that. Whether it's tastier is of course subjective but definitely has the price advantage.

I love lemon grass pork chops though.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel