Parenting & Family

Cheapest place to buy Mabel's labels type stickers?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 11th, 2017 8:59 am
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2002
3771 posts
475 upvotes

Cheapest place to buy Mabel's labels type stickers?

Getting ready for the start of the school year, and the general need to have their sports equipment and belongings labeled, can anyone recommend the best place to order Mabel label type labels.

Thanks
12 replies
May 12, 2009
814 posts
380 upvotes
Staples?
Olivers

The cheapest is just a black permanent marker. Or you want to be cheap and fancy, white hockey tape and permanent marker.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2002
3771 posts
475 upvotes
pimom wrote: Staples?
Olivers

The cheapest is just a black permanent marker. Or you want to be cheap and fancy, white hockey tape and permanent marker.
I hear you on doing it non the cheap, but I would like it to be aesthetically pleasing.
Oct 15, 2004
49 posts
14 upvotes
Costco has an e-certificate $38.99 for $50 worth in labels from Mabel's Labels Costco Mabel's Labels

You don't need to have a Costco membership to purchase from their website.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2017
1272 posts
104 upvotes
London, ON
Yes, Costco!

The above post is what I was going to suggest, that's how i bought mine. I wasn't going to spend quite that much, but couldn't pass up the Costco offer...and their name won't change (at least for a while, if ever) so they are pretty much good for their entire childhood (lots of things I never though about until I had a kid and started worrying about her losing stuff...daycare, camp, schools, sports, the list goes on). They are amazing too..I put one on each of her Contigo water bottles last September, they were washed several times a week in the dishwasher and none of them have budged.
Mar 30, 2010
337 posts
180 upvotes
Calgary
Lovable labels are much cheaper and you can easily find a 10% off code.
I buy slimline labels - not the fancy multi packs. They are $10 for 40 labels.
Jun 23, 2006
386 posts
148 upvotes
I second Oliver's Labels from Staples website. Good quality, lasts forever, fast delivery, cuter designs than Mabel's. Look for promo codes online.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2004
6651 posts
995 upvotes
GTA
Mabel cost way too much, can't you find them in the dollar store?
Aug 30, 2010
283 posts
218 upvotes
Toronto
Camp Connection (Bathurst/Lawrence). Also ML always has 50% off promo codes if you like them on FB
Aug 30, 2010
283 posts
218 upvotes
Toronto
PS. I usually do one name tag for name and get a VIP name tag that says "ph/text xxx-xxx-xxxx" with my ph# which I put on really important things because my kids lose things EVERYWHERE
Banned
Jun 8, 2008
3977 posts
1423 upvotes
Toronto
With all due respect, who cares if labels are aesthetically pleasing? Half the time its not something you look at. If you're just labelling clothes, use a sharpie on the tag. Nobody sees that stuff anyways.

We do have Mabel's Labels though which we use on 'higher end stuff' (back of phones, winter jackets, boots...) we manage to get them on sale enough that they never seem to cost much. I also put on my phone number too - and have managed to get stuff back that way! Having just a name is pretty useless IMO.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)