• Feb 19th, 2018 3:48 am
[OP]
Jul 17, 2014
92 posts
33 upvotes
Canada

Cheapest place to buy printer toner?

Hello,

I was wondering, does anyone know where I can buy the cheapest toner?
I have a Canon Imageclass MF8280Cw laser printer.

Thank you in advance.
21 replies
Deal Addict
May 2, 2010
2613 posts
1985 upvotes
Markham
Try
123ink.ca
Seller V4INK in Amazon.ca
Seller Moustache in Amazon.ca

Shop for cheapest prices.
I used all of these 3 sellers to buy generic toners for my Brother printers.
Mar 26, 2008
268 posts
39 upvotes
i've been getting my ink on ebay. they have stores that put their ink online and it's much cheaper than places like staples.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
3752 posts
334 upvotes
Niagara-on-the-Lake
How long are toner cartridges meant to last? The distribution of toner in my moustache one went wonky after about ~6months or so and was printing very faded along the edges.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
15608 posts
4548 upvotes
Toronto
Typhoonz wrote:
Feb 10th, 2018 11:28 pm
How long are toner cartridges meant to last? The distribution of toner in my moustache one went wonky after about ~6months or so and was printing very faded along the edges.
The cartridge must have been defective. I have an old Samsung printer with an oem cartridge that is more than 10 years old. I don't use the printer much anymore. When I do, the print quality is the same as the first day I put in the cartridge. I am convinced based on my experience that toner cartridges have virtually no freshness date.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2007
1633 posts
44 upvotes
danron1376 wrote:
Feb 10th, 2018 8:56 pm
i've been getting my ink on ebay. they have stores that put their ink online and it's much cheaper than places like staples.
I agree. I checked around for a Samsung printer. The online vendors are expensive compared to ebay. The only other source that was competitive was Amazon but they had a lot of various vendors that were selling at all kinds of prices.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2010
2613 posts
1985 upvotes
Markham
teleguitar wrote:
Feb 11th, 2018 1:21 pm
I agree. I checked around for a Samsung printer. The online vendors are expensive compared to ebay. The only other source that was competitive was Amazon but they had a lot of various vendors that were selling at all kinds of prices.
Amazon Market Place is just a plateform. Sellers vary a lot with regard to product quality and service.
Generic toners from sellers V4INK and Moustache have been good based upon my personal experience.
Deal Guru
Aug 2, 2010
12510 posts
3062 upvotes
Here 'n There
I fill up my HP Colour Laserjet Pro M452dw colour cartridges using toner bottles I order from a company in Montreal called inkowl.com. $54.95 for a set of the 4 bottles of the 4 colours. If I just need the black it's $16.95. To buy a single brand new cartridge of just one colour at Staples is $121. The black cartridge is cheaper at $92 but for the four paying $54.95 vs $455 (both plus HST) is a no-brainer decision. I have been saving tons of money using their toner refills. I have not seen any difference in quality of the toner using a variety of different types of paper.

If it's your first time you also have to buy their HOLE-IN-ONE Toner Cartridge Hole Making Tool for $7.95 as that's what you use to make the hole in the cartridge so you can refill it. They provide foil tape to cover the hole once you refill. Some tips when refilling: Only shake the bottle up and down while holding it against the hole in the cartridge. Don't squeeze it or the toner will squeeze out through the gap and blow all over the place. Also, do it outdoors with a dust mask on as laser toner is harmful to breathe in.
Last edited by eonibm on Feb 11th, 2018 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2007
1693 posts
192 upvotes
Vancouver
sakonpure6 wrote:
Feb 10th, 2018 7:38 pm
Hello,

I was wondering, does anyone know where I can buy the cheapest toner?
I have a Canon Imageclass MF8280Cw laser printer.

Thank you in advance.
Hi,

Toner cartridge prices are all over the map. I'm wondering what is the lowest price that you found & who it is? When you buy refilled cartridges, you're bound to get a worn out cartridge. As mentioned by eonibm , the cheapest route is to refill your own cartridges. But not everyone is capable of doing that & some cartridges have no refill kits available. Refill kits are available for this cartridge but no instructions from this seller.
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/4-Color-Toner-Re ... 1013242245
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2008
1188 posts
169 upvotes
Burlington, ON
Last set of cartridges I bought on Amazon from a seller called "saveonmany". Great price for a set of 4 cartridges for my Brother laser printer, don't think they have the same amount of toner as OEM, but can't beat them for the price.
Mar 26, 2008
268 posts
39 upvotes
how much color printing do you do? I got a black-only laser printer on kijiji (hp laserjet 1012) a few years ago for 30$ and toner is less than 20$ on ebay.
[OP]
Jul 17, 2014
92 posts
33 upvotes
Canada
I used to get Moustache toner, about $50 for black toner only or $100 for a a set of black,cyan, yellow and red(?).

Thanks, I will checkout refilling the toner
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2007
1633 posts
44 upvotes
sakonpure6 wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 12:03 pm
I used to get Moustache toner, about $50 for black toner only or $100 for a a set of black,cyan, yellow and red(?).

Thanks, I will checkout refilling the toner
I wouldn't bother. I heard it's super messy. Those posters aren't telling you that part and/or are overlooking/disregarding that important detail.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2008
3435 posts
4 upvotes
STC
I tried 123ink.ca, works great. I noticed that the brand mustache is better than others, sometime my printer does not recognize other aftermarket toner but this brand. Little expensive than others but still much cheap than the OEM one.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
15468 posts
19876 upvotes
ONTARIO
flyboy320 wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 8:56 am
Last set of cartridges I bought on Amazon from a seller called "saveonmany". Great price for a set of 4 cartridges for my Brother laser printer, don't think they have the same amount of toner as OEM, but can't beat them for the price.
saveonmany is actually 123inkcartridges.ca

They sell on ebay as well at some pretty good prices.