Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2008
1110 posts
151 upvotes
Burlington, ON
BobSagget wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 1:33 am
saveonmany is actually 123inkcartridges.ca

They sell on ebay as well at some pretty good prices.
Ah, interesting....didn't know that. I paid $63 from Amazon for their full set of cartridges and on 123ink it's $74 for the same set. I also see they sell a set for $115 called the Moustache line....anyone know what the difference is between the two?
Deal Guru
Jan 17, 2009
14986 posts
18932 upvotes
ONTARIO
flyboy320 wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 8:43 am
Ah, interesting....didn't know that. I paid $63 from Amazon for their full set of cartridges and on 123ink it's $74 for the same set. I also see they sell a set for $115 called the Moustache line....anyone know what the difference is between the two?
Yeah I found out they were the same when I bought cartridges from saveonmany on ebay. My paypal receipt shows my payment went to 123inkcartridges.ca.

Looks like they are selling that same toner 4 pack on ebay as well, for even cheaper than you paid on Amazon. $54!
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/4PK-Toner-for-B ... SwMtxXvRur

As for the difference between the ones you buy and the Moustache....well I am not 100% sure. I think they are trying to market the Moustache toner as higher quality?

That said, I bought the no name TN660 generic toner from their ebay store ($33.99 + tax for 4 cartridges) and from my test prints, I see no difference in quality between actual brother toner and these. I see no reason to pay more for their Moustache brand.

Edit: Looks like for the price you paid on Amazon, they are even throwing in another cartridge on ebay.
5 pack for $62!
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/5PK-toner-for-B ... Sw9NdXvRym
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2008
1110 posts
151 upvotes
Burlington, ON
BobSagget wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 9:04 am
Looks like they are selling that same toner 4 pack on ebay as well, for even cheaper than you paid on Amazon. $54!
Damn....and I thought I did good for getting mine at $63, I think more research is needed next time...Astonished Face
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2007
1611 posts
173 upvotes
Vancouver
teleguitar wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 2:11 pm
I wouldn't bother. I heard it's super messy. Those posters aren't telling you that part and/or are overlooking/disregarding that important detail.
Hi,

Like I said, refilling toner cartridges isn't for everyone. At least, information is available on the internet. If you don't think you can follow instructions to cut a hole in the cartridge, pour toner into the cartridge without getting it everywhere or replacing the cartridge chip...don't even think about attempting this. So, here's the DETAIL that is missing, this place sells cartridges, complete refill kits or just the bottles of toner & chips. Even though this is RFD, everyone should do some research on their own.
https://www.printertonerwarehouse.com/C ... 25948.html
Mar 26, 2008
231 posts
27 upvotes
yeah, i would caution on buying refill kits because they don't always work and it's messy.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2007
1510 posts
35 upvotes
danron1376 wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 6:58 pm
yeah, i would caution on buying refill kits because they don't always work and it's messy.
I just think the concept itself sounds messy but I knew people who have tried it and they wouldn't do it again (they were careful and tech people).

I just figure there's a ton of cartridges out there for sale and if the overwhelming experience was that they didn't work or were not working long enough, people would stop buying them. I don't think the refill kits are big sellers but I haven't looked into it. Go ahead and try it if you want, though. No one is stopping you. :)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

link_1983