• Last Updated:
  • Jun 14th, 2013 2:54 pm
Tags:
None
Feb 26, 2003
220 posts
6 upvotes

Cheapest price for Orijen dog food?

I moved to toronto from vancouver and find that the 30lb bag of orijen adult food is anywhere from $15-$25 more per bag than it is out west. I used to get it for $53 and the cheapest i found here is at global for $68.
33 replies
Oct 24, 2007
745 posts
16 upvotes
BC
Where did you manage to find Orijen for 53 here (GVRD)?

I pay 60ish for the puppy feed. The cheapest I've found.. usually it's 70ish for adult.

Thanks!
[OP]
Feb 26, 2003
220 posts
6 upvotes
tisol sells it for $63ish. i used to get it at noahs pet arc on west broadway and macdonald in kits. the last time i bought a 30lb bag was last november? i went there after everyone raised their prices $10-$15+ almost a year ago. noahs never raised their prices. if i can recall correctly its $53 for the regular adult food, $62ish? or so for the fish.
[OP]
Feb 26, 2003
220 posts
6 upvotes
and they have a loyalty program, buy 9 or 10 and get next one free (ive bought maybe 3-4 bags so never got to reap the rewards)

everyone in toronto keeps telling me they sell for so much is because the cost of shipping orijen from alberta to ontario, which i think is pure bs. i think its because orijen isnt a big seller out here so whoever is going to buy it, is going to buy it regardless.
Oct 24, 2007
745 posts
16 upvotes
BC
Wow thanks alot...

I better call them up and ask. That's a great price :D

Best of luck finding it cheaper in Toronto~
May 17, 2006
485 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
olie11 wrote:
May 5th, 2010 9:50 am
the cheapest i found here is at global for $68.
I buy food at global - you get 10% off if you buy 3 bags at the same time and you also get every 11th free (or something like that).
Aug 13, 2006
50 posts
Borden, Ontario
I get my bags right across the street from where they make it in Morinville, Alberta, just North of Edmonton, and it goes for around $62. The average it seems in Alberta is around the 65-70 mark.

As for the loyalty program, it isn't the store that offers it, but Acana itself. You can get the loyalty cards straight from Acana.
Mar 13, 2009
6 posts
Toronto
It may be out of your way but there is a place called PetsChoice Warehouse Outlet on Nebo Road in Hamilton that sells Orijen. I don't recall how much the 30lb bag is (could be around $62-$64) but I buy the 15lb. Global sells them for $40 but PetsChoice sells them for $35. Their frequent buyer plan is buy 12 and get the 13th free. It still turns out cheaper than buy 10 get the 11th free at $40. You may want to try there.
Deal Addict
May 20, 2008
1886 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto
Hamilton? heck I think I'd rather pay that $5 more and save the gas and time.
Deal Addict
May 17, 2006
1506 posts
68 upvotes
kin0kin wrote:
May 7th, 2010 8:54 pm
Hamilton? heck I think I'd rather pay that $5 more and save the gas and time.
No one is telling you to drive to Hamilton, did they?

It's good info for people in Hamilton, thank you for the info marysiab58.
A great salesman sells to himself - Confucius, no, I mean xvizardx LINK
xvizardx wrote:
Dec 20th, 2010 4:22 am
...A sales person named John (who is a great sales person by the way)...I could not resist the price, so I bought it in a heart beat...
xvizardx wrote:
Dec 20th, 2010 4:22 am
Hello everyone! I am an employee of Sony Canada...I will be at the Sony Store in Square One...look for John...
Oct 18, 2006
508 posts
48 upvotes
Back to the original question, anyone know the cheapest place to get Orijen dog food in Toronto? I'm about to finish up my supply and am looking to re-stock.

I have a pretty small dog (~15lbs), so I'm looking at the 15.4lb size. Somewhat surprisingly, Bark & Fitz is the cheapest I've found so far at $39.49 for the regular adult food. Pet Valu doesn't sell Orijen (at least not the ones I've gone to), and Global is actually more expensive than Bark & Fitz.

Any suggestions in the GTA? Thanks in advance.
Nov 26, 2007
703 posts
81 upvotes
If price is a big concern, you look beyond Orijen. It certainly is an excellent dog food, but there are other foods which many feel are better value. I'm a student, so price is an important factor with buying dog food. I decided to buy Taste of the Wild - its significantly cheaper than Orijen (at least where I live), and is still a high quality, grain-free food. I believe the difference is about $25/bag (~$40 for a 30 lb bag, pretty sure the similar sized Orijen bag was $65-$70 depending on the formula). That money adds up quickly.
Oct 18, 2006
508 posts
48 upvotes
mavrik13 wrote:
Nov 5th, 2010 10:41 pm
If price is a big concern, you look beyond Orijen. It certainly is an excellent dog food, but there are other foods which many feel are better value. I'm a student, so price is an important factor with buying dog food. I decided to buy Taste of the Wild - its significantly cheaper than Orijen (at least where I live), and is still a high quality, grain-free food. I believe the difference is about $25/bag (~$40 for a 30 lb bag, pretty sure the similar sized Orijen bag was $65-$70 depending on the formula). That money adds up quickly.

Actually, price is not a big concern... I've been feeding my dog Orijen since I got her (last year), and am happy to continue with Orijen as she is doing well and I'm comfortable that it's a good quality food. I'm just looking for where to get the food for the best price.
Jul 5, 2004
21337 posts
1574 upvotes
I wish I could get a bag for $70. It costs me over $90 where I live. Oh well, such is life when you treat your dog like family. I wouldn't want to eat meat loaf all the time, so I'm not about to feed garbage food to my dog either.
Toronto Maple Leafs tickets for sale. PM me for details
Oct 24, 2007
745 posts
16 upvotes
BC
mavrik13 wrote:
Nov 5th, 2010 10:41 pm

I've looked for Taste of the Wild cheap in the GVRD but it's priced only a tiny bit cheaper than the other premium brands here. I wish I could find it for $40 here. :(
× < >