• Last Updated:
  • Nov 3rd, 2017 10:30 am
[OP]
Dec 2, 2010
2 posts
Toronto, Ontario

Cheapest shipping (many questions!)

Cheapest shipping (many questions!)

I know there are quite a bit of posts about shipping but I am new here and I have many questions. I hope I get answers Smiling Face With Smiling Eyes

I am not a business owner, but I plan to 3D print my designs on eBay. I am just testing the water for now but before I do that I need to make sure I can ship the items to the customers. So in the future it might become a business, but for now I am just selling an item or two on eBay.

1) All my designs are small (10cmx10cmx2cm) and light (no more than 50g). I don’t have anything larger than this. What’s the cheapest way to ship an item of this size?

2) If I use Lettermail, are the prices on Canada Post’s website for shipping within Canada or worldwide?

3) Is non-standard Lettermail sizes apply to worldwide shipping or only within Canada?

4) Do I have to purchase and use a Canada Post envelope or I can use my own for Lettermail?

5) Is eShipper cheaper than Lettermail and more convenient?

Thank you and sorry if my questions are a repost. Any helpful feedback is much needed Smiling Face With Smiling Eyes
2 replies
Jun 18, 2017
205 posts
65 upvotes
Vancouver
Can't speak to most of your questions, but for these:
2) Lettermail prices change depending where it's going. Standard envelope I believe is $1.00 Canada, $1.20 US, $2.50 International. Your stuff will probably be non-standard. I got those prices from here:
https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/pages/ ... fault.page
(expandable pricing info at the bottom)
3) See above
4) You can use your own, but it has to match the Canada Post size requirements.

As an aside I'd be kind of leery of using lettermail to ship what I assume are printed ABS plastic; lettermail stuff often gets the hell beat out of it. I believe this is because the majority of it is automated by folding/spindling/mutilating machines instead of more manual sorts like Standard Parcel and Expedited Parcel.
That's my name...
[OP]
Dec 2, 2010
2 posts
Toronto, Ontario
Thank you very much for the reply!

I am not making anything fragile (I am not printing action figures or anything like that). I ma 3D printing my own designs which are boxy and sturdy. It's going to be PLA but I think it should be strong enough.