• Last Updated:
  • Jun 1st, 2017 7:48 pm
[OP]
Jul 2, 2013
267 posts
27 upvotes
Newmarket

Cheapest store for New Balance shoes?

I have not purchased a pair of New Balance shoes in quite some time and WOW they have gone up in price! Whats the best/cheapest store to buy them at? Even online works.
26 replies
Apr 18, 2017
29 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
Maybe you can try Amazon, Ebay etc.

Sort by price from low to high.
How quiet is the spruce!
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
11319 posts
1577 upvotes
Toronto
lumeddfj wrote:
Apr 19th, 2017 3:49 pm
Maybe you can try Amazon, Ebay etc.

Sort by price from low to high.
Don't go online unless it's an actual store. Ebay is the worst for knock offs, lol

The best bet is to go to the actual New Balance store and settle for last year's model. They'll want to get rid of it.
Depending on stock, you might get an amazing deal for between $69.99 and $89.99.
Nothing wrong with the shoes...just last year's inventory, and it's all gotta go!

Also, in Toronto, @ Yonge & Bloor there is a Shoe company store,
but it's a hit and miss deal if you go upstairs to the top floor clearance section
(again, last year's model) the price is rock bottom...might even be cheaper than New balance's store clearance price,
but you'll have to hunt a bit because there is a variety of shoe companies...the good news is, the shoe sizes are properly shelved, not scattered all over like some clearance places.

GOOD LUCK!!!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
6842 posts
730 upvotes
Toronto
Asics has gone up in price as well with it's increasing popularity.
Did you have type or model in mind?
Some stores carry the casual ones, other's the runners,crosstrainers etc.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
11319 posts
1577 upvotes
Toronto
gh05t wrote:
Apr 20th, 2017 10:40 am
Asics has gone up in price as well with it's increasing popularity.
Did you have type or model in mind?
Some stores carry the casual ones, other's the runners,crosstrainers etc.
It's not so much the "popularity" as it might be the shortage of "wide" shoes. New Balance is one of the few that seem to care about the wide(r) foot. (ie a size e foot instead of a D sized shoe)
It might cost more to make a wide foot shoe, or maybe it really is a full advantage point to charge more on purpose, knowing that no one else is making the wide foot shoe... (or very few companies)
[OP]
Jul 2, 2013
267 posts
27 upvotes
Newmarket
playnicee1 wrote:
Apr 20th, 2017 8:20 pm
It's not so much the "popularity" as it might be the shortage of "wide" shoes. New Balance is one of the few that seem to care about the wide(r) foot. (ie a size e foot instead of a D sized shoe)
It might cost more to make a wide foot shoe, or maybe it really is a full advantage point to charge more on purpose, knowing that no one else is making the wide foot shoe... (or very few companies)
Yes to this. I have a wide foot almost like a duck. I realized how important it is to buy a shoe that actually fits when I tried on my first pair of NB years ago. They used to be made in North America so hopefully the quality is still good.
Jan 29, 2017
543 posts
511 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote:
Apr 20th, 2017 3:56 am
Don't go online unless it's an actual store. Ebay is the worst for knock offs, lol

The best bet is to go to the actual New Balance store and settle for last year's model. They'll want to get rid of it.
Depending on stock, you might get an amazing deal for between $69.99 and $89.99.
Nothing wrong with the shoes...just last year's inventory, and it's all gotta go!

Also, in Toronto, @ Yonge & Bloor there is a Shoe company store,
but it's a hit and miss deal if you go upstairs to the top floor clearance section
(again, last year's model) the price is rock bottom...might even be cheaper than New balance's store clearance price,
but you'll have to hunt a bit because there is a variety of shoe companies...the good news is, the shoe sizes are properly shelved, not scattered all over like some clearance places.

GOOD LUCK!!!
This. In fact many stores will have end of season sales with %50 off to clear stock for new models.
[OP]
Jul 2, 2013
267 posts
27 upvotes
Newmarket
Is there a New Balance store in York Region or near it? or any store that carries a nice selection of NB will do.
Jul 23, 2015
415 posts
156 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
If you are near Brantford, try Al's Shoe factory outlet
Apr 19, 2010
861 posts
397 upvotes
Richmond
akilana wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2017 12:45 am
Little burgundy
+1 to this, especially when they have clearance sales they usually have extra 30-50% off the lowest price. My NB came out to $30.