Travel

Cheapest time to fly to Los Angeles from Montreal?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 13th, 2012 12:31 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Mar 3, 2012
85 posts
3 upvotes
Montreal

Cheapest time to fly to Los Angeles from Montreal?

Hi,

I need to make a short trip to Los Angeles (departing from Montreal) for about 3 days. When is the cheapest time to go (between June and August 2012)? I'm a bit hard pressed for money but this trip is essential. So if you have information on when is the best time to go, please let me know!

Thanks!
3 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2003
1215 posts
32 upvotes
GTA (West)
It will essentially be the same (June - Aug) as its summer season and travel time with the kids etc.

If possible I would say drive to Toronto and fly to Vegas via LA. Its actually cheaper to fly to Vegas than LA. Don't check your bags. Keep carry-ons only. When plane lands in LA.. walk out of the airport.

Or

Drive to US from Montreal.. and fly domestic US. What is closest big US city to Montreal? I'm unfamiliar with that geography.
Jan 9, 2011
257 posts
86 upvotes
Montreal, QC
doomhammer wrote:
Mar 5th, 2012 9:50 pm
It will essentially be the same (June - Aug) as its summer season and travel time with the kids etc.

If possible I would say drive to Toronto and fly to Vegas via LA. Its actually cheaper to fly to Vegas than LA. Don't check your bags. Keep carry-ons only. When plane lands in LA.. walk out of the airport.

Or

Drive to US from Montreal.. and fly domestic US. What is closest big US city to Montreal? I'm unfamiliar with that geography.

You're also obviously unfamiliar with how airline ticketing works as well.

When OP no-shows for the LAX-LAS segment his/her return sectors will be cancelled. Good call.

OP: Check flights out of Burlington VT (BTV). You may save a little money, however the prices in and out of Burlington have risen compared to what they were a few years ago due to demand.
[OP]
Mar 3, 2012
85 posts
3 upvotes
Montreal
so i guess there is no "best" time to go then.

thanks for the tips!!! :)
× < >