Coupons

[Checkout51] thread - Post deals here.

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 11th, 2018 8:35 am
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2008
6766 posts
2617 upvotes
This talk about delayed cheques was making me antsy so I put in a request for a cheque too...
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2013
1640 posts
520 upvotes
Winnipeg
Requested a cheque on June 21. Got the following email on July 4 which is just great because the 72-hour lockout notice has been issued by Canada Post.

Great news! Your check for $XX.00 has been mailed.

Note: Due to changes in our check printing process, there was a delay in sending your payment. We're sorry! The long weekend may also push mail delivery back a day. Thank you for your patience!

Your check was sent via regular mail to the following address:

On average, our checks are received 5 to 10 days after being sent.

Thanks again for saving with Checkout 51!
The Checkout 51 Team
Oct 7, 2012
503 posts
321 upvotes
When snap saves went bankrupt they converted my balance to groupon bucks (yuck).

Cash out while you can folks...
Apr 3, 2007
421 posts
142 upvotes
Toronto
I have 120 dollars saved up.....i wanted to use that money for christmas but Im getting worried....should i cash out?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7285 posts
790 upvotes
GTA
Even if everything is fine, I'd cash out with all these types of programs as soon as you have the minimum because you never know when they'll change something or close.

I'm ready to cashout but am going to wait until the Canada Post issue is resolved.
When your mind says give up, hope whispers "one more try"
Never say never
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2008
6766 posts
2617 upvotes
Seoulkid wrote:
Jul 6th, 2016 1:04 am
I have 120 dollars saved up.....i wanted to use that money for christmas but Im getting worried....should i cash out?
Absolutely.

The money isn't yours until it's in your bank account.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2015
3553 posts
26747 upvotes
sillysimms wrote:
Jul 6th, 2016 1:43 am
Even if everything is fine, I'd cash out with all these types of programs as soon as you have the minimum because you never know when they'll change something or close.

I'm ready to cashout but am going to wait until the Canada Post issue is resolved.
+1 I cash out as soon as I have the minimum, you never know when the program will end
May 22, 2012
25 posts
3 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Ya, I cash out as soon as I hit the minimum amount. I cashed it 2 weeks ago and just received email yesterday that they mailed out the check... after announcement of Canada Postal strike.
What great timing. :(
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
3646 posts
1048 upvotes
Ontario
Seoulkid wrote:
Jul 6th, 2016 1:04 am
cash out as soon as you get to $20, if the company shuts down tomorrow, you lose $120. worst case if you cash out at $20, you lose $20. you should never "save up" in the account.
Deal Guru
Oct 30, 2006
13434 posts
2137 upvotes
Why save up? Cash out and get that money in your bank account generating interest.
TripleQ wrote:I read Click magazine for the articles!
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2007
2523 posts
1616 upvotes
Ontario's West coast
Do you guys think CO51 is in financial trouble?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 12, 2003
9118 posts
1720 upvotes
Markham
Agree with everyone else, I cash out as soon as I get $20.
Money is better + safer in my wallet or in my bank account than someone else's.
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2006
1933 posts
115 upvotes
Kitchener
I was contacted by checkout 51. I apparently won the $500 draw!!

Here is the first email I received.

Hey ***,*

Congratulations!
We’re thrilled to let you know that you’ve been selected as the*potential winner*of the $500 Grand Prize in our “Checkout 51 May 2016 Contest” (the “Contest”)!
In order to become the verified Grand Prize winner, as described in the Official Rules (the “Official Rules”) for the Contest (copy attached for your reference) there are just a few steps you need to take:

1. We attach to this email notice a “Declaration and Release” form (the “Form”).* Please print out the Form, and, legibly by hand and in ink:

·*********Fill in*all*of the information required on the Form, including your mailing address
·*********Correctly answer the skill-testing question which is on the Form, and fill in your answer in the place provided for that purpose on the Form.* Remember please that you must arrive at your answer without any assistance whatsoever, whether mechanical, electronic, or other assistance
Date and sign the Form
2. Once you’ve filled out and signed the Form, please scan the completed Form.* Then please attach that scan to an email and send the email, with the scan attached. to us at*********.com.**Note:**You must send us the scan for receipt*by us*no later than 7 days*after the date we sent you this email, or else, as is provided in the Official Rules, we’ll have to move on to another potential winner.

3. Please also send us the original, completed and signed Form*via mail*to the address below.* We must*receive*the original, completed and signed Form from you*no later 2 weeks after you sent us the email referred to in paragraph 2 above.* We recommend you make and keep a*copy*of the original, completed and signed Form for your records and that you*use registered mail*to mail the original completed and signed Form to us.

Note: We're aware that the pending strike for Canada Post may affect mail delivery, so we're prepared to receive your hard copy later after the two weeks specified. We still require the scan to be sent within 7 days, but please let me know when the hard copy is in the mail :)
Provided we verify that the Form you send to us is complete and satisfactory, and verify that you have*correctly*answered the skill-testing question in the Form, we will declare you to be the Grand Prize winner in the Contest and will contact you to make arrangements for delivery to you of the Grand Prize.*

Mailing Address for Form
Checkout 51
411 Richmond Street East, Suite 101
Toronto, Ontario
M5A 3S5
We'd love to share the good news with our members to get them excited about the Contest so please note that, in the Official Rules and in the Form, there's a section about our using your name and photo to promote the Contest.

And that’s it!

Congratulations again, and please let me know if you have any questions.

Vicky Tam* | *Community Manager *| *Checkout 51
A division of*News America Marketing
Sum_guy wrote:
Mar 13th, 2013 10:26 pm
but my nipples hurt for the rest of the weekend when we go.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2006
6424 posts
471 upvotes
Toronto
^wow congrats sounds like they don't have money trouble :razz:
is it free :cheesygri