• Oct 13th, 2004 7:14 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Banned
Aug 17, 2004
534 posts

cheese sandwich to be better

i bought one of those sandwich maker from CT for $10 a couple weeks back when some1 posted the sale at hotdeals forum(thx rfd), basically, its a thingy with 2 molded plates and the plates heat up.

anyways, ive been used it to to make cheese sandwiched, i just slice up the cheese, butter the bread and heat up and i get 2 nice crispy cheese sandwich in a couple of min.

and so far, thast the only thing ive used it for. does any1 have any ideas on how to make better cheese sandwiches or any other ideas i could stuff or use the sandwich maker for?
8 replies
Deal Addict
May 6, 2003
1043 posts
3 upvotes
How about putting tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese between the bread and making your own pizza pops?
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
15566 posts
5805 upvotes
OS44 wrote:i bought one of those sandwich maker from CT for $10 a couple weeks back when some1 posted the sale at hotdeals forum(thx rfd), basically, its a thingy with 2 molded plates and the plates heat up.

anyways, ive been used it to to make cheese sandwiched, i just slice up the cheese, butter the bread and heat up and i get 2 nice crispy cheese sandwich in a couple of min.

and so far, thast the only thing ive used it for. does any1 have any ideas on how to make better cheese sandwiches or any other ideas i could stuff or use the sandwich maker for?

You can add anything to it - any type of meat would probably taste good. Or different types of cheeses mixed in would give nice tangy flavours....
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2004
1823 posts
170 upvotes
I use mine to make omelettes. just mix it up and pour it in.

Use Pam instead of Butter
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2002
5973 posts
408 upvotes
BC
i used to use mine to make burritos.. just use flour tortillia shells instead of bread, they were great!

i dont think i ever used mine to make just a cheese sandwich, was always more imaginative. sometimes i think about it way back in the cupboard, but i always hated cleaning it, so it doesnt see the light much anymore.

pizza filling was always a good one, throw anything in!

good luck with finding new things to do with it, and i hope you enjoy it as much as i did mine :)
That's my 2cents worth
Feb 17, 2004
966 posts
19 upvotes
The new zealand girl I lived with last year always put cream corn and cheese or alphagettis with cheese in it. We all thought it was sick, but it was actually pretty good.

Meat never worked, unless you it into 2 triangles first.
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
Banned
May 5, 2003
4879 posts
32 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Cheese, tomatoes, sliced onions, black pepper.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2004
2732 posts
132 upvotes
Peterborough
Make sure you try some goat cheese at some point. Way tasty.