Cheesecake Factory opening @ Yorkdale Mall this fall

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 11th, 2017 12:09 am
367 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2004
1553 posts
34 upvotes
While being very glad it is finally making its way to Toronto I have a feeling the portion size to price ratio will not match the US locations which would kind of defeat the purpose of going to a Cheesecake Factory. Hopefully I'm wrong about this. I still expect it to be completely slammed regardless though.
SPOOOOOOOOOOOONN!!!!...
Deal Guru
Jun 12, 2003
14374 posts
902 upvotes
Markham
Love their cheesecakes... Indeed no more trips to Walden galleria needed

Open to alternatives
ShadowVlican
Deal Addict
May 24, 2003
1238 posts
625 upvotes
Toronto
OPENING FALL 2017
Famed American restaurant The Cheescake Factory® will continue its worldwide expansion this year by breaking ground with its first location in Toronto, Canada. The full-service restaurant popular for its encyclopedic menu and over 50 signature cheesecakes and desserts will open in the fall of 2017 in Yorkdale Shopping Centre.
Spanning over 10,400SF with two covered patios, The Cheesecake Factory location will feature imported limestone floors and custom wood columns, hand painted murals and modern lighting — décor that is as creative and imaginative as the menu itself. Food-wise, the restaurant will offer its famous menu that includes: “super foods, pizzas, glamburger® & sandwiches, pastas, steaks, chops, fish & seafood, skinnylicious®, Sunday brunch, all handmade, in-house with fresh ingredients.

http://yorkdale.com/stores/the-cheesecake-factory/
Mar 3, 2011
608 posts
460 upvotes
sweet baby jesus.. this means I dont have to travel to Buffalo anymore.
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2006
8457 posts
1387 upvotes
love this place, everytime i go to the states I visit.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
7450 posts
537 upvotes
Alienxx45 wrote:
Apr 12th, 2017 10:17 am
While being very glad it is finally making its way to Toronto I have a feeling the portion size to price ratio will not match the US locations which would kind of defeat the purpose of going to a Cheesecake Factory. Hopefully I'm wrong about this. I still expect it to be completely slammed regardless though.
Yep. I'm also sure prices will reflect that too,

Hopefully we are wrong-ish.
Deal Addict
Jun 30, 2010
2493 posts
539 upvotes
Vaughan
Yes, my life is complete :)

Hopefully they do a gift card promo like they did last Christmas :)
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2017
1945 posts
1020 upvotes
Great food, and the World's biggest menu when it comes to choices... Truly something for everyone's tastes / cravings

Will be interesting to see what a Cdn version looks like in terms of:

(a) Portion size. US Stores have GIGANTIC portions... Never can eat it all. Really really excessive. And if one is travelling and does not have the option of taking home the rest to reheat / eat the next day. Overall Cdns tend to want smaller portions, sometimes we see these American supersizes as unnecessary / wasteful, wondering if the brand will make adjustments here for that.

(b) Costing. Wonder what they will charge here per plate vs in the US ... Whether they keep portion sizes the same or not.
Oct 26, 2016
379 posts
99 upvotes
Toronto
Been a long time coming. This place will be ram packed once it opens until the hype dies down. There are people that haven't ever been to TCF and they don't travel out of town. So there will be lots of "first timers" waiting in the lines. If the prices and portion sizes are in line with the US locations then I'll visit. Chicken Bellagio, Steak Diane, Kobe Beef Burger, Vanilla Bean Cheesecake, Fresh Banana Cream Cheesecake are the best items.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2006
9885 posts
912 upvotes
nestleman wrote:
Apr 12th, 2017 2:54 pm
Been a long time coming. This place will be ram packed once it opens until the hype dies down. There are people that haven't ever been to TCF and they don't travel out of town. So there will be lots of "first timers" waiting in the lines. If the prices and portion sizes are in line with the US locations then I'll visit. Chicken Bellagio, Steak Diane, Kobe Beef Burger, Vanilla Bean Cheesecake, Fresh Banana Cream Cheesecake are the best items.
I feel like the prices will be 50%-100% higher... they have to be at least 30% higher, given our crappy dollar. Then add the fact they are in Yorkdale with an insane demand.

Assuming quantity and quality stay exactly the same as in the US, I don't think this place will die down for a long while. At least not until they expand to other areas.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)