Food & Drink

Cheesecake Factory opening @ Yorkdale Mall this fall

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 9th, 2020 1:32 pm
Oct 26, 2016
628 posts
173 upvotes
Toronto
badOne wrote: What are the most popular entrees at this place? Would suck to wait 1.5-2.5 hours only to stare at the menu and have no idea what is good
Ducky wrote:
the best... chicken bellagio.
Check my post a few pages back:

Avocado Eggrolls
Eggroll Sampler
Pasta Di Vinci
Chicken Bellagio
Truffle Honey Chicken
Four Cheese Pasta
riseagainstthemachine wrote: I went on Friday for lunch, showed up at 9:30 and sat on the bench at the front of the line while my wife looked around the mall. Got in exactly at 11:30 and had a great meal. everyone thought that there wasn't anyone in line and tried to join the end of the small 20 person line at the front... little did they know that at about 10:30 there were about 200 people around the corner down towards the shoppers. Side note, getting the cheesecake took forever, like 30 minutes. They said that there was so many people coming in from outside just ordering cheesecake. They need to fix the way they do this and need to serve cheesecake to the seated customers first, if they have everyone waiting 30 mins for dessert, the line only gets longer and more of a wait. by the way, I went for the winning combo of chicken Bellagio and fresh banana cheesecake, I get it every time I go and its always the best!
Take the cake and blend it into a milkshake. White Chocolate Raspberry.
riseagainstthemachine wrote:
yes, why would they give us pagers, we just walked into a empty restaurant right at 11:30. they did have the table setup and had lots of pagers. even when we left at around 1pm, they were letting people in. I think if you can get in the first 100-150 people you should be goo for the first or second sitting. Also, to comment on the food, I have eaten many times all over the states, Pittsburg, Chicago, LA, Oahu, NY state, Washington, buffalo, ect and the food was EXACTLY the same. Same portion sizes and it tasted exactly the same.

Also for anyone who loves the brown bread like I do, you can buy whole baguettes for $4.50!
I told everyone earlier that the portions would be the same, be it a few minor changes for a few items. The whole wheat bread is way better than the white bread. There is a slight sweet taste to the whole wheat bread
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2008
13063 posts
3754 upvotes
riseagainstthemachine wrote: read my posts lol. there is a pager system. just go and commit to standing there for at least 2-3 hours.
Thank you. So from what you gather, if you are not there for lunch or anything, do you think it's a 203 hr wait JUST for a pager or would be quick to get a pager and then you wait 2hrs to be paged?
Deal Addict
May 23, 2017
4196 posts
3204 upvotes
toronto
speedyforme wrote: Thank you. So from what you gather, if you are not there for lunch or anything, do you think it's a 203 hr wait JUST for a pager or would be quick to get a pager and then you wait 2hrs to be paged?
I cant give you the answer to that. I just saw that they had lots of pagers ready to go.
Got that FIDO account!
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2008
13063 posts
3754 upvotes
riseagainstthemachine wrote: I cant give you the answer to that. I just saw that they had lots of pagers ready to go.
Hm ok. I guess it may be worth going at 4pm tomorrow. Hopefully we can have dinner before 7pm.
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2006
2290 posts
2343 upvotes
Toronto
Went pass the place on Saturday morning at 11:00. Crazy line up just to get a pager let alone to get a seating table. You might be faster driving down to Buffalo and back for dinner. LOL
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
12805 posts
3477 upvotes
nestleman wrote: I told everyone earlier that the portions would be the same, be it a few minor changes for a few items. The whole wheat bread is way better than the white bread. There is a slight sweet taste to the whole wheat bread
We need pics in this thread. Not doubting you, but as proof when they do shrink in a few months/years from now.
Oct 26, 2016
628 posts
173 upvotes
Toronto
Smiley22 wrote: Went pass the place on Saturday morning at 11:00. Crazy line up just to get a pager let alone to get a seating table. You might be faster driving down to Buffalo and back for dinner. LOL
On Sat and Sun they open at 10am for brunch, versus 11:30am. You went during their first brunch since opening day. Try their pancakes, chicken and waffle, and brulee french toast.
Oct 26, 2016
628 posts
173 upvotes
Toronto
joeyjoejoe wrote: We need pics in this thread. Not doubting you, but as proof when they do shrink in a few months/years from now.
Cheesecake isn't going to ruin their rep by serving us smaller portions.

If the portions shrink, it will be consistent chain wide among all locations world wide. My friend who used to work in a smaller chain restaurant told me that the recipes were the same at all locations hence the same portion sizes.

Any chain restaurant should and probably would have the same recipes at every location for consistency. Imagine going to Moxies at Fairview and then having a significantly smaller plate portion at the Richmond Hill location.
Oct 26, 2016
628 posts
173 upvotes
Toronto
Kherani wrote: How are the prices compared to the US?
The menu's are online with the pricing.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2017
4196 posts
3204 upvotes
toronto
20171124_113553.jpg
20171124_114318.jpg
20171124_115439.jpg
20171124_121509.jpg
20171124_121514.jpg
20171124_130840.jpg
joeyjoejoe wrote: We need pics in this thread. Not doubting you, but as proof when they do shrink in a few months/years from now.
Brown bread only cause I ain't no chump
Got that FIDO account!
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2008
13063 posts
3754 upvotes
I'm going to go today and see if I can get in for dinner.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2017
4196 posts
3204 upvotes
toronto
rage2021 wrote: whats the second to last dish before cheesecake? chicken madera? looks nice
Chicken Madera and Steak Dianne, its really good
Got that FIDO account!
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2008
13063 posts
3754 upvotes
Just got here. Line is almost nonexistant. Im actually too early. Took me 5 min to get pager and for 2 ppl they said 1 hr wait. I will return in 30 min as I cant eat until 6pm anyways my husband wont be here until 5:45pm.
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
12805 posts
3477 upvotes
speedyforme wrote: Just got here. Line is almost nonexistant. Im actually too early. Took me 5 min to get pager and for 2 ppl they said 1 hr wait. I will return in 30 min as I cant eat until 6pm anyways my husband wont be here until 5:45pm.
30 minutes later....

The wait is now 2 hours just for the pager. :twisted:
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2008
13063 posts
3754 upvotes
joeyjoejoe wrote: 30 minutes later....

Haha no. I just went back. Took about 15min to get pager now. Security is now involved but a table is now 1hr 45min. If only my husband could here earlier.

Oh well so we are slated for roughly
6:15pm dinner.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2007
8251 posts
5752 upvotes
Was at the Bay this afternoon and decided to go see what the line was like around 2:30. No wait for a pager and about 40 minutes for a table. Took a while for the food and they advised us to order cheesecake early as there was a 35-45 minute wait at the bakery, cakes didn't get to our table until 45 minute after we finished our food or over an hour after we ordered it.

When we left there was a rapidly growing line in the mall
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
21699 posts
17373 upvotes
Markham
joeyjoejoe wrote: 30 minutes later....

You should have stayed in line and then just wave people forward one by one.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!