• Dec 14th, 2017 11:35 am
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2002
1765 posts
197 upvotes
Toronto
badOne wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 12:47 pm
is that location more expensive compared to off the strip?
I didn't go to the ones off the strip, but if I recall correctly pricing was in line with the second one I went to in Beverly Hills. I'm pretty sure the Chicken Madeira (popular dish) was around $17-$18 at both and about $9 for a slice of cheesecake.
15+ Years of 100% Positive Feedback

EBAY / HEATWARE / RFD
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
1674 posts
495 upvotes
I recall some places in GTA are offering 6oz steaks for $27. At $23 for chicken, I really don't know about that.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2003
4230 posts
437 upvotes
Mississauga
Xfiles wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 12:00 pm
So that's basically the exchange rate..good to see them keep same prices here

But no way I'm lining up over 30mins
then you shouldn't bother going in your lifetime...lol
Jan 26, 2017
103 posts
77 upvotes
HP_John wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2017 10:34 pm
Even without a wait, I probably wouldn't go here. I had it in the US, & most of my friends agreed it was good but nothing special. The only thing special was big portions. Its not bad by any means, it's good but even without a wait, there are plenty of other restaurants I would go to before this place
Name the other restaurants then....
Oct 26, 2016
381 posts
99 upvotes
Toronto
speedyforme wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 7:51 am
3hrs is quite insane. 2hrs is fine so long as you have a pager since getting a pager may be quick depending on day and time you go.

The cheesecake are expensive and I would only go and get a cheesecake that you cannot find anywhere else. None of that plain basic simple stuff you can get anywhere.

When I was there, one of the servers said their cheesecakes sell so fast, they have a special truck in the basement just to hold cheesecakes because people are buying 2 or 3 whole cakes at a time. Not everyone but some people are anyways.
Saw a group of 4 walk out with 7 cheesecakes. At $80 each that's $560 in cake alone lol. Most likely buying for friends who didn't dine with them.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
7492 posts
539 upvotes
nestleman wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 7:04 pm
Saw a group of 4 walk out with 7 cheesecakes. At $80 each that's $560 in cake alone lol. Most likely buying for friends who didn't dine with them.
When we went, my husband's family called (after our bill came, worst timing) and we ordered 4 slices to go as well. $45 for 4 slices...
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2008
4030 posts
330 upvotes
Bebo123 wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 4:43 pm
Name the other restaurants then....
LOL is this for real? There's literally hundreds of restaurants in the GTA with better food. Not even counting expensive restaurants (which there are tons that are better than Cheesecake Factory): in no particular order, Terroni, Pizzeria Libretto, Gio Rana's, Kinka, Kingyo, Messini, Little PIggy's, Han Ba Tang. I didn't bother to mention any expensive restaurant. Those are just a few that came to mind quickly. Heck, even Earl's & Joey are better too. 3 hr wait is ridiculous, my time is more valuable than that
Dec 25, 2007
699 posts
79 upvotes
HP_John wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 11:39 pm
LOL is this for real? There's literally hundreds of restaurants in the GTA with better food. Not even counting expensive restaurants (which there are tons that are better than Cheesecake Factory): in no particular order, Terroni, Pizzeria Libretto, Gio Rana's, Kinka, Kingyo, Messini, Little PIggy's, Han Ba Tang. I didn't bother to mention any expensive restaurant. Those are just a few that came to mind quickly. Heck, even Earl's & Joey are better too. 3 hr wait is ridiculous, my time is more valuable than that
It's all subjective..you may hate it but theres a reason people wait 3+ hrs..majority of people obviously LOVE it.

I love the fried mac and cheese balls I dont see it anywhere else besides pickle barrle, but CF is superior IMO.

I love a bunch of their main dishes as well + portions.

Actually the cheesecake is the last on my priority list of going there but even that is delicious..again IMO!
Oct 26, 2016
381 posts
99 upvotes
Toronto
Joey's has nothing on Cheesecake Factory. Appetizer, Entree, Dessert, and even Weekend Brunch...Cheesecake wins over Joey's.
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2004
4307 posts
189 upvotes
Toronto
Let's guess which existing restaurant in Yorkdale will close down first
h2o- a.k.a. 阿水 (Ah Sui)

Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2006
9893 posts
916 upvotes
nestleman wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 7:04 pm
$80? That's really pricey.
nestleman wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 1:32 pm
Joey's has nothing on Cheesecake Factory. Appetizer, Entree, Dessert, and even Weekend Brunch...Cheesecake wins over Joey's.
Joey's is the modern day Hooters... food isn't what drives people in.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2009
3590 posts
1424 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
speedyforme wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 11:01 pm
When we went, my husband's family called (after our bill came, worst timing) and we ordered 4 slices to go as well. $45 for 4 slices...
Holy crap that's a lot of money for a few pieces of cheesecake.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
7492 posts
539 upvotes
Chickinvic wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 2:36 pm
Holy crap that's a lot of money for a few pieces of cheesecake.
Basically $9.95 each + tax.
Dec 29, 2013
21 posts
9 upvotes
h2o- wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 2:13 pm
Let's guess which existing restaurant in Yorkdale will close down first
You mean Pickle Barrel? I was thinking about that too. They are literally on top of each other. Who knows, they may get the ancillary benefits when people get tired of waiting in line.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2011
2550 posts
593 upvotes
Mississauga
Wouldn't surprise me either. Pickle Barrel at Erin Mills Town Centre closed years ago and I'm not sure the one attached to Eaton's Centre is still open.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)