Cheesecake Factory opening @ Yorkdale Mall this fall

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 17th, 2017 11:43 am
May 23, 2017
339 posts
103 upvotes
HP_John wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 11:40 pm
I honestly believe the only excellent thing about Cheesecake Factory is portion size. Food itself is good but not great, not worth 3 hr wait. All the restaurants I named have better quality food, & I didn't bother to include any high end restaurants. Cheesecake Factory is for quantity, 3 hr wait doesn't match the level of quality. Cheesecake Factory is good for a franchise, but it really can't compare to a good independent place. Some people only eat at franchises or live in areas where there aren't many good independent places, for them, Cheesecake Factory may seem like the best restaurant they ever been to
very well said. I like cheesecake factory and waited 2.5 hours to get in a few weeks back, but it is just hype. I like it, but the restaurants that you listed are for sure better. We live in a city with hundreds of amazing places to eat, but for people out of the city who think that jack astors is fancy, cheesecake factory must look like a Michelin star restaurant. For franchises it is better then most, but it does not compare to stand-alone restaurants.
Got that Zoomer account!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
7506 posts
543 upvotes
CF is certainly not fancy nor the best. But for comparable prices it is what it is. Their food is certainly not fancy but it is a fun place to eat and if you are a lover of their cheesecakes, it's worth it.

A lot of it is hype but that is only because it is new and well marketed/advertised.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
1687 posts
500 upvotes
riseagainstthemachine wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 10:32 am
very well said. I like cheesecake factory and waited 2.5 hours to get in a few weeks back, but it is just hype. I like it, but the restaurants that you listed are for sure better. We live in a city with hundreds of amazing places to eat, but for people out of the city who think that jack astors is fancy, cheesecake factory must look like a Michelin star restaurant. For franchises it is better then most, but it does not compare to stand-alone restaurants.
how does this compare to shoeless joe chain?
Dec 25, 2007
699 posts
79 upvotes
Anyways thoroughly enjoyed the food (and PORTIONS!!) Pretty much spot on like the American version. Had to take out some of our
meals. Highlights were the Fried Mac and Cheese Balls and the Chicken Maderia. Will dine in again when hopefully it dies down. But
again if you want to dine here go random hours to avoid wait.
Oct 14, 2015
232 posts
73 upvotes
Markham, ON
HP_John wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 11:39 pm
LOL is this for real? There's literally hundreds of restaurants in the GTA with better food. Not even counting expensive restaurants (which there are tons that are better than Cheesecake Factory): in no particular order, Terroni, Pizzeria Libretto, Gio Rana's, Kinka, Kingyo, Messini, Little PIggy's, Han Ba Tang. I didn't bother to mention any expensive restaurant. Those are just a few that came to mind quickly. Heck, even Earl's & Joey are better too. 3 hr wait is ridiculous, my time is more valuable than that
None of the restaurants you listed are even close to what cheesecake factory serves . Really? You list overpriced joints like terroni, pizza libretto and izakayas as alternative to cheesecake factory? Cuisine /type of food is totally different and not comparable

Han ba Tang? Really? A drinking hole with kimchi fries?

While I agree cheesecake factory is nothing special and definitely not worth the wait, the restaurants you listed aren't alternatives and many of them serve much more expensive and lower quality than chain like cheesecake factory (eg han ba Tang)
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2008
4033 posts
331 upvotes
Xfiles wrote:
Dec 9th, 2017 11:38 pm
None of the restaurants you listed are even close to what cheesecake factory serves . Really? You list overpriced joints like terroni, pizza libretto and izakayas as alternative to cheesecake factory? Cuisine /type of food is totally different and not comparable

Han ba Tang? Really? A drinking hole with kimchi fries?

While I agree cheesecake factory is nothing special and definitely not worth the wait, the restaurants you listed aren't alternatives and many of them serve much more expensive and lower quality than chain like cheesecake factory (eg han ba Tang)
I was responding to someone asking me to name places that serve better food. My reply was adequate. I threw "heck even earls and joey is better" if youre into chains. Terroni and pizzeria libretto serve food that CF serves. I purposely did not include expensive restaurants.

I also said CF has excellent quantity. If you value quantity then by all means, but it aint worth waiting 3 hrs to get overloaded on carbs, my time is more valuable. So instead of a 300 g serving of pasta CF gives people 425 g (food costs increase only marginally) yet people think its amazing. Just using those figures as an example, but to me it shows people are like sheep.

Han Ba Tangs menu has tons of real food dishes, not just kim chi fries (i dont ever go for kim chi fries). To me, i can literally make better pasta dishes than what they serve at CF. It still tastes good but thats unimpressive to me when that happens
I am a Koodo customer
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
7570 posts
1017 upvotes
Toronto
You guys are srsly getting into pure opinion lol. Anyway, I think we (sane ppl) can all agree that 3 hours' wait is pretty much crazy for *any* resto, I don't care how good is the food.
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2006
3945 posts
194 upvotes
Waited 1 hour this early Sunday morning.

Entree was okay, quite basic but large portions.

The highlight of the day was the NACHOS with CHICKEN. I think they make the chips in-house and it is utterly the best nachos I’ve tried in my whole life! Share with 3 people, you have been warned!
"If you make a mistake but then change your ways, it is like never having made a mistake at all" - Confucius
Oct 26, 2016
381 posts
99 upvotes
Toronto
1xTiMeR wrote:
Dec 11th, 2017 12:09 am
Waited 1 hour this early Sunday morning.

Entree was okay, quite basic but large portions.

The highlight of the day was the NACHOS with CHICKEN. I think they make the chips in-house and it is utterly the best nachos I’ve tried in my whole life! Share with 3 people, you have been warned!
The nachos chips are made in house.

You went during brunch hours, did you get the bruleed french toast, belgium waffle, breakfast potatoes, or cinnamon pancake? Those are some good offerings I just listed.
Jul 9, 2010
2 posts
toronto
has anyone gone during the weekday around lunch or this week. how long was you wait if you have?
Deal Guru
Jun 30, 2006
14184 posts
2540 upvotes
Toronto
swaby wrote:
Dec 12th, 2017 9:44 pm
has anyone gone during the weekday around lunch or this week. how long was you wait if you have?
I haven't been. But seems like 2 hrs minimum maybe 1:30 if you are lucky based on reviews.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
7506 posts
543 upvotes
swaby wrote:
Dec 12th, 2017 9:44 pm
It's also holiday season and as it creeps closer and closer, more people are taking time off so don't expect it to be quick.

I read lunch when it opens has no pager, just a long line up which I think is worse.

Your best bet it to go after between 2-4pm, get a pager and then shop until you can be seated. Should be about 2 hrs total so get there at 4pm and you can be seated at 6pm.

When I got there at 4:15pm, it was only 45min so I could have been seated at 5pm but I was not ready yet lol
Jan 11, 2006
237 posts
8 upvotes
I went to a couple CF in California a few months ago and the food was terrible and overpriced. Their food quality is no longer the same as it used to be, the brand is slowly becoming another Applebee's.
Dec 12, 2017
2 posts
This is so hyped.

There are really good cheesecake available at Longo which is better compared to Cheesecake factory LOL!
Jul 25, 2008
699 posts
197 upvotes
Toronto
I went to CF 2 weeks ago in San Diego and Palm Springs area. The food was relatively decent like I remembered it in other US locations in the past but I swear they have decreased the size of the cheesecake slices in half. The slices viewable in the display case was like the size of the slices a few years back but on both occasions this time, I thought I was getting what I saw in the display case but it was literally just half of those slices.
I was quite disappointed in that.