Cheesecake Factory opening @ Yorkdale Mall this fall

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 15th, 2018 6:43 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2012
4824 posts
436 upvotes
Toronto
went yesterday at around 5-6pm, still had a long line.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
12602 posts
1889 upvotes
Toronto
Didi_beee wrote:
Dec 13th, 2017 11:20 pm
I went to CF 2 weeks ago in San Diego and Palm Springs area. The food was relatively decent like I remembered it in other US locations in the past but I swear they have decreased the size of the cheesecake slices in half. The slices viewable in the display case was like the size of the slices a few years back but on both occasions this time, I thought I was getting what I saw in the display case but it was literally just half of those slices.
I was quite disappointed in that.
What's the deal with the San Diego display anyway?
Take a pic of that and then take a pic of the actual slice that you get.
I bet the display case slice is a permanent fake. (like the ones they use for the ad pics)
Most likely those slices were done years ago and just sat there ever since...
UNLESS
The display is current and real, sold to people buying a whole cake maybe?

Either way, they shouldn't mislead people into thinking they'll get a large slice when they buy by the slice.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 16, 2011
5943 posts
182 upvotes
Wifey got me a take out cake just a couple of days ago. Wish the lineups weren’t so long so we could actually sit there and eat it lol
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2008
9838 posts
1374 upvotes
Toronto
speedyforme wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 10:53 am
CF is certainly not fancy nor the best. But for comparable prices it is what it is. Their food is certainly not fancy but it is a fun place to eat and if you are a lover of their cheesecakes, it's worth it.

A lot of it is hype but that is only because it is new and well marketed/advertised.
It must really be worth it after fighting probably 30 min + to get parking a km away.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
8446 posts
761 upvotes
at1212b wrote:
Dec 17th, 2017 11:43 am
It must really be worth it after fighting probably 30 min + to get parking a km away.
Haha Yorkdale is a mess. I HATE going there. I think I have been there twice in the last year. 1 for a movie and 1 for CF. I got lucky for CF, got there at 4pm and found a spot right away 1 min walk from the entrance.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
6480 posts
1533 upvotes
I ate there today. I received the pager from the 1st lineup inside the mall at 11:30, and got a table sometime after 2:15 pm.
The pager vibrates and flashes when you have to que up for the second line at the center reception desk inside the restaurant when your table is almost ready.
I was told the pager does not work past a certain distance so you cannot wander far past the Victoria's Secret or the pager will be out of range.
There are things to see or do at Yorkdale in between the wait time otherwise the wait would not have been worth it. The quoted time was 1.5 to 2 hours
and it went well over that time period.

The food was good but it depends on what you order really. I menu is quite extensive. I decided to order a dish that had "most popular" or "favourites" listed the description.
I figured they would not screw up the signature dishes that they claim are customer favourites.

I went with the Chicken Madeira. Others had the salmon and steak dishes.
All 3 plates came with the same sides of mashed potatoes, asparagus, and I think mushrooms but each had different sauces.

Each of them were about $25-27 each. The fillet million is $40.
A slice of cheesecake is about $9-10. I tried the oreo one and it was decent.

They also sell a lot of pasta plates, burgers, etc that range from $15-25.

-
Last edited by XFactor11 on Dec 17th, 2017 10:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2015
1027 posts
122 upvotes
Markham, ON
I was there today and totally forgot it was there.

I would suggest that people buy take out cheesecake when the wait is too long. This way the patron inside the restaurants get no cake at the end of their meal.
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2004
1568 posts
41 upvotes
i understand the people's complain about the wait for CF but what is with the people that complain about parking? When was the last time you were there....

The parking situation has actually improved ALOT. Parking in their underground lot is as easy as any where else and if the mall is busy just go lower in the lot! I was there on a Sunday afternoon which is usually the prime time for mall shopping and went straight for P5, parked by the elevator and was in the mall in minutes.

Also, for the people that just want the cheesecake you can still buy it at many of the distributors ...especially in Markham across the street from the Hightech Rd. Costco. https://thebakehousetoronto.com/
So no need to trek to Yorkdale just to get it...not like they make it fresh there anyways. Only reason would be is if you want a particular special flavor.
SPOOOOOOOOOOOONN!!!!...
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
12602 posts
1889 upvotes
Toronto
Alienxx45 wrote:
Dec 18th, 2017 12:57 am
Also, for the people that just want the cheesecake you can still buy it at many of the distributors ...especially in Markham across the street from the Hightech Rd. Costco. https://thebakehousetoronto.com/
So no need to trek to Yorkdale just to get it...not like they make it fresh there anyways. Only reason would be is if you want a particular special flavor.
Is the CF cheesecake sold fresh or frozen in those stores though?
At the restaurant, you're pretty much guaranteed it's freshly made that day, right? (and also not frozen)
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
30654 posts
7555 upvotes
GTHA
playnicee1 wrote:
Dec 18th, 2017 11:43 am
Is the CF cheesecake sold fresh or frozen in those stores though?
At the restaurant, you're pretty much guaranteed it's freshly made that day, right? (and also not frozen)
Cheesecakes are not made on site.

First Look: Cheesecake Factory gives diehard fans a local outpost at Yorkdale Shopping Centre
Ingredients are locally sourced where possible, but staple items (mainly bread and all cheesecakes) are made in their two production facilities (Calabasas Hills, California and Rocky Mount, North Carolina) and shipped out. For bread, the dough arrives in frozen portions and is baked on site daily.

Cheesecakes can be purchased frozen (deeply chilled)

"If purchased deeply chilled, they travel well and can be stored in your freezer to enjoy later. Defrost in your refrigerator overnight to enjoy at home."
from https://www.thecheesecakefactory.com/co ... questions/
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
12602 posts
1889 upvotes
Toronto
So there's no difference between the restaurant and the stores? (for basic cheesecake)
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2015
1027 posts
122 upvotes
Markham, ON
I like the cheesecake at my local bakery :). That's why I totally forgot about the Cheesecake factory when I was at yorkdale yesterday
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
8669 posts
1389 upvotes
兩最大
Poppwl wrote:
Dec 17th, 2017 11:59 pm
I would suggest that people buy take out cheesecake when the wait is too long. This way the patron inside the restaurants get no cake at the end of their meal.
Why would anyone think like that?
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2015
1027 posts
122 upvotes
Markham, ON
tranquility922 wrote:
Dec 19th, 2017 12:38 am
Why would anyone think like that?
I've only been to the cheesecake factory twice and both times they were in the state. By the end of the meal, I had no room for cheesecake and end up buying it to go so if there's too many people waiting in line, you might as well buy a Cheesecake to go.

When you eat at a restaurant, you expect the food to be cooked well and not microwaved.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
8446 posts
761 upvotes
Well the servers tried to gauge the wait for cheesecakes so they told us when to order to make sure we were not sitting around waiting for cheesecake.