• Aug 9th, 2020 1:32 pm
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2004
12141 posts
2760 upvotes
Guelph
rage2021 wrote: heres an article on it

https://www.mississauga.com/whatson-sto ... ssissauga/

I hope the third location is eventually east side (logically makes sense)
Great news for sauga. Honestly they could open one location per major city and still be underserved.
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0. Ebay Feedback 200+ and counting. RFD Feedback 71-0-0 and counting. Koodo Member
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2016
4745 posts
4409 upvotes
Cheesecake Factory a failing business? These guys are out to lunch...

Just like every other Mashed video. They seem to be WISHING all chain restaurants go out of business since most of their videos are cookie-cutter like this one. Attack the menu, say "they're losing money because people are eating healthier, food trucks rule, organic is the way to go, fat is bad, sugar is bad...", yadda yadda yadda. If people are waiting an hour for a table, that restaurant is doing just fine.

(for the record I'm not a fan nor a hater of CF. I just wanted to bring up this totally bogus video and others by Mashed)
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2003
6484 posts
2389 upvotes
Mississauga
EastGTARedFlagger wrote: Cheesecake Factory a failing business? These guys are out to lunch...

Just like every other Mashed video. They seem to be WISHING all chain restaurants go out of business since most of their videos are cookie-cutter like this one. Attack the menu, say "they're losing money because people are eating healthier, food trucks rule, organic is the way to go, fat is bad, sugar is bad...", yadda yadda yadda. If people are waiting an hour for a table, that restaurant is doing just fine.

(for the record I'm not a fan nor a hater of CF. I just wanted to bring up this totally bogus video and others by Mashed)
i wish the wait time for CF was only an hour... dream come true...
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
9925 posts
7088 upvotes
Mississauga
We were at the one in Yorkdale last October, on a early Friday evening and wait was only 20 minutes.
Oct 26, 2016
628 posts
173 upvotes
Toronto
The next location will open at Square One end of spring/beginning of summer next year.
Deal Guru
Sep 19, 2006
11664 posts
6564 upvotes
Toronto
rage2021 wrote: heres an article on it

https://www.mississauga.com/whatson-sto ... ssissauga/

I hope the third location is eventually east side (logically makes sense)
Yes, east side needs one
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing info, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from it. Don't be selfish.

They really need to show who downvotes so we can find out the mofus is
Deal Guru
Dec 20, 2018
10129 posts
10235 upvotes
EastGTARedFlagger wrote: Cheesecake Factory a failing business? These guys are out to lunch...

There's merit to it as cheesecake factory have slid over 23% over last 12 months and earnings per share are down 30% YoY

They're not going bankrupt, but they certainly are having challenges and it's evident in their earnings and share price

The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated (NASDAQ:CAKE) share price slid 23% over twelve months. That falls noticeably short of the market return of around 7.2%. Longer term shareholders haven't suffered as badly, since the stock is down a comparatively less painful 11% in three years.

See our latest analysis for Cheesecake Factory

To paraphrase Benjamin Graham: Over the short term the market is a voting machine, but over the long term it's a weighing machine. By comparing earnings per share (EPS) and share price changes over time, we can get a feel for how investor attitudes to a company have morphed over time.

Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2016
4745 posts
4409 upvotes
Pochacco wrote: Yes, east side needs one
No kidding, east side gets stuck with garbage like MTY Group, Obsidian Group (home of the "dishonest surcharge fee"), Recipe Unlimited (fka Cara Operations), Jollibee, and way too many damn Tim Horton's.... ugh....
At least we didn't get Garfield Pizza :-)
Last edited by EastGTARedFlagger on Jul 9th, 2019 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2016
4745 posts
4409 upvotes
StatsGuy wrote: There's merit to it as cheesecake factory have slid over 23% over last 12 months and earnings per share are down 30% YoY
They're not going bankrupt, but they certainly are having challenges and it's evident in their earnings and share price
When CNN or WSJ put out news that CF is closing down a significant number of locations, throwing hundreds out of work and leaving another gaping hole in shopping malls across North America (a la Sears), then I'll give Mashed credit for predicting its demise. This isn't as "no brainer" as predicting the imminent demise of BlackBerry or Sears 5 years ago.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
9779 posts
2050 upvotes
Toronto
xcel wrote: Where I can buy CF cakes/ slices in Mississauga (other than restaurants)?
Saw them in the Metro Flyer from 3rd to 9th Oct 2019.
https://www.metro.ca/en/flyer?gclid=Cjw ... lsrc=aw.ds
$20.99 for a 1.02KG strawberry topped cheesecake.
Cheaper than Metro's Front street in house cakes but more than Costco's 1.36Kg cake.
Oct 26, 2016
628 posts
173 upvotes
Toronto
Dining room and patio opening thurs aug 13, and the snickers cheesecake is delicious
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
9925 posts
7088 upvotes
Mississauga
Yeah, we were at Yorkdale last week and stopped by to pick up some cheesecake slices to go, and saw the reopening notice.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)