• Last Updated:
  • Apr 25th, 2017 6:58 pm
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2005
7517 posts
1004 upvotes
Chickinvic wrote:
Apr 13th, 2017 3:37 pm
The prices will have to be considerably higher for sure. Also, we pay servers a lot more up here than they do down there too. Everything adds up. Food is way more expensive up here. No wonder Americans are a nation of fatties:)
Having just spent 11 days in Florida I can tell you most restaurants we were in had almost the same $ prices listed meaning a burger and fries at a restaurant there was US$13.99 and here it mite be C$14.99 in a compatible spot. I wouldn't be surprised if the prices were just a snick higher. They will have to be competitive.
Deal Guru
Jun 30, 2006
13670 posts
2238 upvotes
Toronto
Expect higher prices and smaller portions. Canadians always get screwed.
Mar 27, 2015
528 posts
113 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
It'll be a streamlined menu with higher prices and smaller portion sizes. Nothing up here is ever as good as in the U.S.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2011
4181 posts
368 upvotes
I don't consider myself to be a very picky eater, but my friend "conned" me into going there with her once in Buffalo...and the food was disgusting. Excessively salty AND sweet. :(

Seems like another one of those chains with a gazillion items on their menu, most of it rearranged or defrosted from its corporate packaging.

The cheesecake was the only thing that was tasty; it was fresh, soft, close to room temperature. We split the strawberry version. So I'd go back only for their cheesecake.

----

What are your favourite items to order, or have ordered, from there? :)
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
5729 posts
727 upvotes
Mississauga
I also thought the food was awful last time I went to Cheesecake Factory in Buffalo. The restaurant is beautiful, portions massive, etc. But the food is low quality. I can't remember what we ate, but we only nibbled on a small portion of our meal and wasted the rest.
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2005
7517 posts
1004 upvotes
icantfigureoutausername wrote:
Apr 14th, 2017 9:58 pm
It'll be a streamlined menu with higher prices and smaller portion sizes. Nothing up here is ever as good as in the U.S.
Just had Dennys for breakfast this morning. Portion was exactly the same as in the US. Exactly.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2003
4028 posts
352 upvotes
Mississauga
Raggie wrote:
Apr 15th, 2017 9:27 am
I also thought the food was awful last time I went to Cheesecake Factory in Buffalo. The restaurant is beautiful, portions massive, etc. But the food is low quality. I can't remember what we ate, but we only nibbled on a small portion of our meal and wasted the rest.
not sure about buffalo location but i find the food consistent....

my favourites:

ahi tuna carpaccio for app
chicken bellagio for entree
almost any cheesecake

good luck finishing the above with any help...lol
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2009
2488 posts
781 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
kool1 wrote:
Apr 13th, 2017 9:15 pm
Having just spent 11 days in Florida I can tell you most restaurants we were in had almost the same $ prices listed meaning a burger and fries at a restaurant there was US$13.99 and here it mite be C$14.99 in a compatible spot. I wouldn't be surprised if the prices were just a snick higher. They will have to be competitive.
So, really the restaurant was more affordable here with the terrible exchange rate we have. I didn't find things really cheaper down there either, and certainly not with the exchange rate, but it may be because I stuck to pretty tourist area (Kissimmee) so they know they can rob you lol.
Deal Guru
Jun 30, 2006
13670 posts
2238 upvotes
Toronto
kool1 wrote:
Apr 15th, 2017 3:01 pm
Just had Dennys for breakfast this morning. Portion was exactly the same as in the US. Exactly.
Was the price higher or lower?
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2011
4181 posts
368 upvotes
Ducky wrote:
Apr 15th, 2017 3:25 pm
my favourites:

ahi tuna carpaccio for app
chicken bellagio for entree
almost any cheesecake

good luck finishing the above with any help...lol
I guess if I ever end up going back and trying their food for kicks, I will try these. My guess is that if they have some classic menu items, it's best to stick with those. I probably went off their regular menu into one of the ~300 accessory offerings, so I got the reheated, not-fresh salty/sweet preserved thing.
Chickinvic wrote:
Apr 16th, 2017 9:42 am
So, really the restaurant was more affordable here with the terrible exchange rate we have. I didn't find things really cheaper down there either, and certainly not with the exchange rate....
Lately, I've noticed the same, even in non-tourist areas. Our exchange rate hurts, and when you compare 1:1 US:CAD prices, often we've been getting better deals in CAD. This may not last long, though.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
6543 posts
919 upvotes
carmaster wrote:
Apr 16th, 2017 9:43 am
Was the price higher or lower?
From my experience, Denny's is actually currently cheaper here than in the U.S. with current exchange rates. I usually get the chicken strip dinner which is $9.99 USD in Buffalo, and $12.29 CAD in Toronto. Bonus is they often give out 20% off coupons at Dundas Square, so it can be even cheaper.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2009
2488 posts
781 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
peanutz wrote:
Apr 15th, 2017 8:46 am
I don't consider myself to be a very picky eater, but my friend "conned" me into going there with her once in Buffalo...and the food was disgusting. Excessively salty AND sweet. :(

Seems like another one of those chains with a gazillion items on their menu, most of it rearranged or defrosted from its corporate packaging.

The cheesecake was the only thing that was tasty; it was fresh, soft, close to room temperature. We split the strawberry version. So I'd go back only for their cheesecake.

This is a thing. Whenever restaurants offer hundreds of items on their menu I get nervous. Nobody does everything well. A menu that is all over the place can't possibly be concentrating on doing a few things really well. I'm sure, based on their name, that they do cheesecake well, but if they have everything from burgers to chow mein on the menu something is going to suffer.
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
23023 posts
979 upvotes
Markham, ON
i hope there are tons of poor reviews...so I get a chance to go...else...i really don't want to wait 3 hrs
Mar 3, 2011
271 posts
120 upvotes
I was never a cheesecake person (never liked the flavour) until I tried theirs.. everytime we made a trip down to Walden Galleria this would always find room on it's way back home. Best $50 spent either buying a full cheese cake or two halves of two different flavours.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2006
4292 posts
719 upvotes
Toronto
thelefteyeguy wrote:
Apr 17th, 2017 2:12 pm
i hope there are tons of poor reviews...so I get a chance to go...else...i really don't want to wait 3 hrs
Probably need to go after the hype dies down .

Hope they take reservations
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel