Cheesecake Factory opening @ Yorkdale Mall this fall

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 15th, 2019 8:45 pm
Dec 25, 2007
794 posts
114 upvotes
scoper wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 2:10 pm
Did they mention whereabouts in Mississauga? I was expecting them to go to Eaton Centre or Fairview mall next but maybe there is not enough room for them there.
didnt ask ill try next time whenever that is..its a pricey place for sure but the good thing is you get a lot for what you order. just after the appetizers i feel full..
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2006
5957 posts
1310 upvotes
Toronto
rage2021 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 1:50 pm
FYI..asked the waitress recently and she mentioned they broke ground on a Mississauga location FWIW...was hoping their next one would be east end around Markham. oh well.
Damn, Mississauga is getting everything
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
3654 posts
1375 upvotes
Do they mark up the cheesecakes in store compared to buying the cakes elsewhere?
Aug 6, 2018
69 posts
38 upvotes
cheesecake factory was in calgary for decades and their food was always an abomination. It's funny seeing everyone in here getting excited over it, like just go to applebees and you'll have the exact same experience there is absolutely no difference. It'll be a relief to see the aftershock when people realize it's actually effin terrible.

edit: on second thought go to applebees because it's marginally better than cheesecake factory.
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2004
4593 posts
311 upvotes
Toronto
The ideal location would be the very far North side of Markville Mall where they had some massive construction year or two ago.
It would be another new sustainable location for C.F.
Pochacco wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 7:06 pm
Damn, Mississauga is getting everything
h2o- a.k.a. 阿水 (Ah Sui)

Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2006
5957 posts
1310 upvotes
Toronto
h2o- wrote:
Jan 13th, 2019 8:33 pm
The ideal location would be the very far North side of Markville Mall where they had some massive construction year or two ago.
It would be another new sustainable location for C.F.
Yes, I agree - come on cheesecake factory - come to Markham Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat
Jan 26, 2017
379 posts
289 upvotes
oroku1983 wrote:
Jan 13th, 2019 7:33 pm
cheesecake factory was in calgary for decades and their food was always an abomination. It's funny seeing everyone in here getting excited over it, like just go to applebees and you'll have the exact same experience there is absolutely no difference. It'll be a relief to see the aftershock when people realize it's actually effin terrible.

edit: on second thought go to applebees because it's marginally better than cheesecake factory.
You sure it’s “The Cheesecake Factory”? I think the Calgary one is called “The Cheesecake Cafe”.
I’m pretty sure the Toronto location is the 1st Cheesecake Factory in Canada...
Aug 6, 2018
69 posts
38 upvotes
In the 90s and I think the entirety of the 2000s there was a cheesecake factory by sir Winston Churchill in the northwest not to be confused with the cheesecake cafe.

Edit: further investigation it was actually a knockoff called cheesecake company which stole everything down to the logo. Everyone that mentioned it always called it cheesecake factory my mind is blown.
Dec 25, 2007
794 posts
114 upvotes
had the steak Diane and mac n fried cheese balls. absolutely delicious IMO. cheesecake was the cherry on top for dessert.
Dec 25, 2007
794 posts
114 upvotes
btw it was hilarious going last time with my wife and kid and getting quoted 1 hr wait during off peak hours and then while checking in during the peak timing seeing a group of 4-5 getting quoted 4 hour wait times. lmao.
clearly there is a demand and they need multiple locations, i think one in Sauga and 1 more in east end makes sense for the time being.
Oct 26, 2016
474 posts
116 upvotes
Toronto
thelefteyeguy wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 1:58 pm
it will come...but they need retail space large enough to host at CCfactory

won't be long until Saks outlet closes a Markville ;) ...that place is utter junk
Saks is a good potential location.
scoper wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 2:10 pm
Did they mention whereabouts in Mississauga? I was expecting them to go to Eaton Centre or Fairview mall next but maybe there is not enough room for them there.
Rent is probably too high in Eaton Center, and a cheesecake restaurant needs lots of retail space. Fairview mall needs a reno to look more upscale, old as fuzz.

Isn't playdium closing? Check near there ;)
Oct 26, 2016
474 posts
116 upvotes
Toronto
rage2021 wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 11:10 am
had the steak Diane and mac n fried cheese balls. absolutely delicious IMO. cheesecake was the cherry on top for dessert.
Steak Diane is good, try the Hibachi Steak next time.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
3257 posts
1045 upvotes
Global Village
nestleman wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 5:28 pm

Isn't playdium closing? Check near there ;)
Square One Playdium is closing?
CF would make some sense there, I think that space is Oxford, like Yorkdale Mall.
All day I dream about sports