• May 10th, 2017 12:51 pm
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
10069 posts
1330 upvotes
Ottawa
Chickinvic wrote:
Apr 17th, 2017 10:45 am
This is a thing. Whenever restaurants offer hundreds of items on their menu I get nervous. Nobody does everything well. A menu that is all over the place can't possibly be concentrating on doing a few things really well. I'm sure, based on their name, that they do cheesecake well, but if they have everything from burgers to chow mein on the menu something is going to suffer.
Food is no worse than any other generic chain (e.g. Kelseys, Montanas, Applebees, Moxies, Olive Garden, Ruby Tuesday, TGI Fridays etc) and some dishes are more memorable than others. As I said, the food is only average IMO, but the cheesecakes makes up for it and that's why we keep going back. Sharing a main entrée is recommended so you don't ruin your appetite for the cake (or just get the cake to go)

I think part of the problem for me is that I hate wasting food and eat way too much of the main entrée and by the end I'm forcing myself to eat it.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2010
4220 posts
330 upvotes
Toronto
warpdrive wrote:
Apr 17th, 2017 5:09 pm
Food is no worse than any other generic chain (e.g. Kelseys, Montanas, Applebees, Moxies, Olive Garden, Ruby Tuesday, TGI Fridays etc) and some dishes are more memorable than others. As I said, the food is only average IMO, but the cheesecakes makes up for it and that's why we keep going back. Sharing a main entrée is recommended so you don't ruin your appetite for the cake (or just get the cake to go)

I think part of the problem for me is that I hate wasting food and eat way too much of the main entrée and by the end I'm forcing myself to eat it.
Why waste when you can get it to go? Portions are equivalent of two meals so good bang for your buck.
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
10069 posts
1330 upvotes
Ottawa
glover78 wrote:
Apr 17th, 2017 6:05 pm
Why waste when you can get it to go? Portions are equivalent of two meals so good bang for your buck.
Only works if we can bring the portion home and refridgerate it. No point bringing leftovers back to the hotel room while we're travelling. The only time we ever visit a CF is when we're on vacation.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2016
1086 posts
243 upvotes
warpdrive wrote:
Apr 17th, 2017 8:23 pm
Only works if we can bring the portion home and refridgerate it. No point bringing leftovers back to the hotel room while we're travelling. The only time we ever visit a CF is when we're on vacation.
Try their skinnylicious menu, it has smaller entrees.
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
10069 posts
1330 upvotes
Ottawa
notfromqc wrote:
Apr 17th, 2017 11:24 pm
Try their skinnylicious menu, it has smaller entrees.
the skinny menu doesn't have the same dishes. If it was a smaller portion of the classic plates, then that would be an option. Best bet is still to doggy bag the food. Of course, if you can bring the leftovers home, that's ideal.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2005
7720 posts
1123 upvotes
glover78 wrote:
Apr 17th, 2017 6:05 pm
Yup - I love leftovers. My favorite lunches are always leftovers or things I make with leftovers. :-)
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2005
7720 posts
1123 upvotes
thelefteyeguy wrote:
Apr 17th, 2017 2:12 pm
i hope there are tons of poor reviews...so I get a chance to go...else...i really don't want to wait 3 hrs
Not going to be 3 hours. Even the busiest locations I have been to were no more than 45 minutes. Go walk around the mall,.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
10640 posts
1387 upvotes
Toronto
^They will have an amazing pager that is good all over Yorkdale. Not just outside the restaurant.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
1576 posts
295 upvotes
yay! never been to one before, so i'm pretty curious about it

i expect there will be long wait times at first, but i'll visit it when the hype ends... however, as it happens with other US businesses opening in canada, i can hear already lots of complaints from people saying how expensive it is, how it is not the same as south of the border, how long the lines are, etc, etc, etc.
:) Love is too beautiful to be hidden in the closet ;)
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
6806 posts
370 upvotes
Are they faster when you just order TO GO?

Not much of an option when going to Buffalo but I can see it being an option here now.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2005
7720 posts
1123 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote:
Apr 18th, 2017 9:05 am
^They will have an amazing pager that is good all over Yorkdale. Not just outside the restaurant.
They will just have normal range. I have eaten at CKF at 3 different malls. They all say - stay within 200-300 ft.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 16, 2002
12684 posts
7878 upvotes
Toronto
playnicee1 wrote:
Apr 18th, 2017 9:05 am
kool1 wrote:
Apr 24th, 2017 9:02 am
They will just have normal range. I have eaten at CKF at 3 different malls. They all say - stay within 200-300 ft.
or just do it by phone text message like some other places have already embraced
"Had one yesterday and there was a full slice of onion no thinner than a polio shoe.

I cried out in despair." RFD user Dingus
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
10640 posts
1387 upvotes
Toronto
kool1 wrote:
"One appealing factor for malls is the company’s UNIQUE pager system that lets customers know when their table is ready. The Cheesecake Factory is known to add repeaters in larger malls to allow the signal to reach customers so they can shop as they wait for their table.
“Customers have the opportunity to enjoy the rest of the shopping-centre experience without losing their spot in the queue,” Mr. Turner said."
Source: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-o ... e34688715/
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
5852 posts
781 upvotes
Mississauga
How long will they hold the table if they are paging you and you are at the other end of the mall?
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
Mar 31, 2017
362 posts
81 upvotes
kool1 wrote:
anyone crazy enough to steal a pager?