• Last Updated:
  • Dec 17th, 2014 3:37 pm
[OP]
Oct 21, 2006
299 posts
36 upvotes
South Etobicoke

[Fresh Co] Chelsea Boneless Salted Cod fillets 14.99 2lbs Freshco

Pretty good deal, stock up while you can, this is high quality cod that yields a lot once you soak it in water.
18 replies
Jun 19, 2012
22 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
Can you please add store and price in topic please? Thanks.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 24, 2012
5578 posts
1745 upvotes
Space
No frills usually has 1lbs of frozen Cod for 4-6$. Forget the brand but it's really no different than the rest of the frozen cod I've tasted. Fresh is another story!
[OP]
Oct 21, 2006
299 posts
36 upvotes
South Etobicoke
Solsearchin1 wrote: No frills usually has 1lbs of frozen Cod for 4-6$. Forget the brand but it's really no different than the rest of the frozen cod I've tasted. Fresh is another story!
This isn't frozen, its Salted cod, which is totally different than the frozen stuff that has no taste. You have to soak this cod over night and change the water about 3 times, changes the entire taste of the fish. Whole foods charges $13 per pound for their salted cod.
Jan 25, 2007
220 posts
41 upvotes
Ottawa
It says boned... Does that mean bone free?
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2004
3507 posts
435 upvotes
broker judge wrote: This isn't frozen, its Salted cod, which is totally different than the frozen stuff that has no taste. You have to soak this cod over night and change the water about 3 times, changes the entire taste of the fish. Whole foods charges $13 per pound for their salted cod.
Yeah the taste of salt cod isn't much like what fresh cod tastes like. Like you said fresh cod doesn't have much taste but it's great deep or pan fried. :) Both are great though and being from Newfoundland I've eaten a lot of both.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2005
4787 posts
1167 upvotes
Kitchener
dankup wrote: This frozen or fresh?
Dis stuff is salted bye, eat it right from the bag
Nov 28, 2013
391 posts
137 upvotes
Ottawa
broker judge wrote: This isn't frozen, its Salted cod, which is totally different than the frozen stuff that has no taste. You have to soak this cod over night and change the water about 3 times, changes the entire taste of the fish. Whole foods charges $13 per pound for their salted cod.
Then fry-up some 'scrunchites' (diced pork fat rendered into crunchy bits) in an iron frying pan, add some 'brews' (hard bread soaked over night and squeezed, then broken-up), add the fish (broken into bite-sized pieces) - Et voila! Downhome-style Salt-Fish-n-Brews B'y!! YUM!!! Apply Pepper accordingly. Salt NOT needed (albeit many folk do add it still). Can be served with a slice of home-made bread-n-butter, and a cup of tea.

*Best all cooked on an open fire :-)

Bon Appetit! & Long May Your Big Jib Draw! ;-)
Long May Your Big Deals Jib Draw!!
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2004
3507 posts
435 upvotes
MakeUsADeal wrote: Then fry-up some 'scrunchites' (diced pork fat rendered into crunchy bits) in an iron frying pan, add some 'brews' (hard bread soaked over night and squeezed, then broken-up), add the fish (broken into bite-sized pieces) - Et voila! Downhome-style Salt-Fish-n-Brews B'y!! YUM!!! Apply Pepper accordingly. Salt NOT needed (albeit many folk do add it still). Can be served with a slice of home-made bread-n-butter, and a cup of tea.

*Best all cooked on an open fire :-)

Bon Appetit! & Long May Your Big Jib Draw! ;-)
Scrunchions you mean? :razz: I like my salt cod with drawn butter. Good stuff. :)