Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2005
11320 posts
3870 upvotes
Nowhere

Cherry Coke Back at Costco $9.49 (was $10.99) for 24 cans & Target

As the title says, Cherry Coke is back at Costco. I saw it at Brampton today but it should be in other warehouses. It is pricey, $10.99 for 24 cans but if you can't get down to the US, this is really your only option. Yes, I am aware some convenience stores sell cans/bottles individually but it will cost you more than this. Typically it is a one shot deal so once it is gone, it is gone for another year or until they bring it back. This is Cherry Coke that was bottled (canned?) for sale in Canada, with Canadian labels.

If you don't like Cherry Coke, post elsewhere. Let's keep the discussion on Cherry Coke.

Update: Target is also going to be carrying Cherry Coke while supplies last.

Update Nov. 14/14: Now $9.49 at Costco.
49 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9001 upvotes
Toronto
So when you say Canadian labels, you mean no white sticker? Actual 355ml can (not 10oz), both French and English printed directly on the can etc...
(American cans also have no French printed on their cans)
I think I also recall a slight difference in taste between the American and Canadian cans, but it's been a while...
Deal Fanatic
Oct 27, 2009
5755 posts
7939 upvotes
Ontario
I was thinking this item was regularly stocked. Good to know the beverage is back. I'm going to lobby the Costco shopper at home to get a case soon. Thank you!
Have new cookbooks but am not cooking anything new yet.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2005
11320 posts
3870 upvotes
Nowhere
playnicee1 wrote: So when you say Canadian labels, you mean no white sticker? Actual 355ml can (not 10oz), both French and English printed directly on the can etc...
(American cans also have no French printed on their cans)
I think I also recall a slight difference in taste between the American and Canadian cans, but it's been a while...
Yes, Costco Canada has it made for them by Coca-Cola Canada as anyone can if they buy enough. I didn't buy any as I have some from the US but I did buy it last time they offered it which was last Nov/Dec or was it the year before? It was labeled like any other pop you would buy in Canada. They did the same with Cherry Pepsi offering it two summers.
Dec 2, 2008
99 posts
46 upvotes
Montreal
Can anybody confirm if these are available in stores in the province of Quebec?
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2006
2501 posts
708 upvotes
Ancaster, ON
Cheap Cat wrote: As the title says, Cherry Coke is back at Costco. I saw it at Brampton today but it should be in other warehouses. It is pricey, $10.99 for 24 cans but if you can't get down to the US, this is really your only option. Yes, I am aware some convenience stores sell cans/bottles individually but it will cost you more than this. Typically it is a one shot deal so once it is gone, it is gone for another year or until they bring it back. This is Cherry Coke that was bottled (canned?) for sale in Canada, with Canadian labels.

If you don't like Cherry Coke, post elsewhere. Let's keep the discussion on Cherry Coke.
With the way the dollar has been dropping, it might be a better buy getting it at Costco here vs. the US.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
21223 posts
5939 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
Saw this at Mississauga North / Heartsland Costco earlier this week.
- casual gastronomist -
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2005
11320 posts
3870 upvotes
Nowhere
JACKIE26 wrote: With the way the dollar has been dropping, it might be a better buy getting it at Costco here vs. the US.
I was in the US yesterday and Cherry Coke was going for $4 for a 12 pk. I bought Cherry Pepsi for $3.33. The price varies. The bank charged me 18% exchange rate so $8 becomes $9.44 then add the deposit $1.20 US ($1.42 Cdn) and it gets really close. Costco will also likely put it on sale at some point.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 14, 2007
5038 posts
1459 upvotes
Regina
diet cherry coke available? diet wild cherry pepsi is my fave
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9001 upvotes
Toronto
hordosr wrote: diet cherry coke available? diet wild cherry pepsi is my fave
The last time I saw Diet Cherry coke it was in the freestyle (100+ flavours) machine. (That's one option, available at various fast food restaurants)
I have yet to see the cans though.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2005
11320 posts
3870 upvotes
Nowhere
I was Costco today and it is now $9.49 for 24. It was not a sale sign and no indication of an end date. Target is also supposed to be selling it (at least in Ontario) starting today. No mention of it in their flyer but the Toronto Star ran a business story yesterday.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9001 upvotes
Toronto
rammingman wrote: http://m.thestar.com/#/article/business ... tario.html

Yup it's at target stores now. What is the price versus Costco at $10.99 a case?

Btw swap a whole skit of the stuff at Costco heartland.
I wouldn't stock up on too many. There's an expiry date on those cans. Shortly after expiry, the pop starts to taste like LED! (or some weird, rather expired taste)
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
21133 posts
9788 upvotes
Toronto
Saw a bunch at Target today for $9.99. Price seems a bit steep.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2005
11320 posts
3870 upvotes
Nowhere
playnicee1 wrote: I wouldn't stock up on too many. There's an expiry date on those cans. Shortly after expiry, the pop starts to taste like LED! (or some weird, rather expired taste)
Light emiting diode?? Or do you mean lead. I haven't found that at all. I have drank plenty of old pop (years past the date) and have never found an off taste.
carmaster wrote: Saw a bunch at Target today for $9.99. Price seems a bit steep.
Is that for 24 or 12?
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
21133 posts
9788 upvotes
Toronto
Cheap Cat wrote: Light emiting diode?? Or do you mean lead. I haven't found that at all. I have drank plenty of old pop (years past the date) and have never found an off taste.

Is that for 24 or 12?
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9001 upvotes
Toronto
Cheap Cat wrote: Light emiting diode?? Or do you mean lead. I haven't found that at all. I have drank plenty of old pop (years past the date) and have never found an off taste.
Expired pop has a really bad taste, very much like lead. Awful and gross.
Oct 24, 2013
396 posts
175 upvotes
Costco downsview has the cherry coke for $9.49 and plenty of stock.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)